For people who gave back the game

Before even playing it? I mean all you needed was a bit of patience and the actual game is immense. I personally feel you're all missing out. So what SI make mistakes but people are being so childish about things. Just give the game a try and then say what you think about the game.

I'm so glad the patch has really improved the playing expeirence ten fold.

I'm being very patient. I'm waiting until Sunday to even try installing it. Hopefully when I do I can look in the stickies at the top of the forum and solve whatever problems I'm having. SI have clearly messed up with this silly DRM malarky but they'll get people through it, just like they got my demo working (a week after downloading it).

Patience is not only a virtue, but a necessity of the modern world. Otherwise you'll grow an ulser of pop a brain vessell (and judging by the vitriol from the more childish members on the forum, I'd say that time is pretty close).

The way i see for the pleasure I get out of this game waiting a little bit is totally fine. It's the best football management game out there by a country mile and we all love it however much we complain. And it is frustrating it took me 12 hours to finally do it. But i didn't lose my head just thought oh well life goes on.

Glad to see some people still appreciate the hard work SI do to ensure we get a great product. Besides can anyone name a football manager game to beat 09 this season?

Before even playing it? I mean all you needed was a bit of patience and the actual game is immense. I personally feel you're all missing out. So what SI make mistakes but people are being so childish about things. Just give the game a try and then say what you think about the game.

I'm so glad the patch has really improved the playing expeirence ten fold.

I so agree with you mate, people far too quick to jump on the hating SI bandwagon when in all reality it was beyond their control what happened!

People just need a bit of patience and perspective! We have a unique relationship with SI, a relationship that is not replicated anywhere else between game developers and consumers! SI are an active presence on these forums and listen to a lot of the things we say! As i have said before, they only have to see how much has gone into the patch! Its outstanding and has improved the game so much since the demo!

I do understand that people will have been frustrated by yesterday, we have been waiting a long time for FM2009! But some of the comments that have been flying around on here have been nothing short of ridiculous! I wouldnt blame SI if they stuck two fingers up at the majority of people on here!

Anyway, the game is immense and as SI said, the activation issues are sorted! Shame the people who took it back to get a refund couldnt keep their dummies in for another 24 hours so they could experience it!

i can understand peoples frustrations they love fm but they paid good money for a game what just wont load. and although it is only about 30 pound or 40-50 euros at the moment money is tight for alot of people to spend that.

im sure that alot of these people will calm down though and buy it on ebay or somthing or buy it from the same shop again soon. the game really is great though once you start playing it so if you aint played it and on the verge of returning it. just put it to the corner for a few hours because the game is really good to play and it probaly wont be a nice feeling to return it...then days later go and buy it again.

for problems it by far the worst version they've ever produced, the website isn't overloading because so many people are signing on to say how happy they are with it. i think its a bit low to be closing all the negative threads, why shouldn't your customers be able to complain? think si have shot themselves in the foot with fm09

for problems it by far the worst version they've ever produced, the website isn't overloading because so many people are signing on to say how happy they are with it. i think its a bit low to be closing all the negative threads, why shouldn't your customers be able to complain? think si have shot themselves in the foot with fm09

Its a bit low to be closing negative threads? I think its a bit low to be trolling positive threads if you have nothing positive to say!

I'm fine with it, activation over Steam wasn't a problem but an annoyance, as I was constantly being asked for my key although the game was playable and activated.

But I can understand the excitement turning to disappointment for many people. If games were traditionally released on a Monday or Wednesday, issues would be identified in time for everyones weekend off.

But to get a refund is extremely pointless. A majority who got a refund after they anticipated this game so much will eventually buy it again. Anyone who says that they will never play another FM game is fooling themselves. It's a game, people are working on correcting the mistakes and it will be up and running for at least half of those who had issues with activation.

I admire anyone who has the game staring back at them, waiting patiently for the inevitable day where they will be able to play this game. Can't stand the rants, but it's been like this whenever a game or patch is released. Everybody can rant about the situation, but getting a refund is a waste of their own time if not money.

I reckon I could post a negative thread and not have it closed. You know why? Two reasons; a) because I would make sure it wasn't something that had been posted thousands of time before. There are other threads I could post in if it was, and b) I may well choose to use strong words, but I would not resort to foul language/insults/threats etc.

Archived