Player unwilling to play due to personal reasons. (Screenshot)

Riza

While patiently waiting for my copy to arrive, I've been talking to mates who are playing theirs and here is something that has been brought to my attention which is very interesting.

A player has an icon that says "Unavailable" by his name. This is what it shows on their profile:

whatpq4.th.jpgthpix.gif

What in the world does that mean? There's nothing on their personal screen that addresses this.

Who's the player?

The player's name is Borislav Karamatev.

whoqh6.th.jpgthpix.gif

I didn't want to initially say the name of the team or the player since some people are sensitive to such things and consider them as "spoilers" or "game-ruining" issues.

That's the sort of thing that's usually set in the editor, but I can't find any reason online as to why he'd be unavailable for that long.

Best place would be to bring it up in the data forum first, and if there's no reason given there, the bugs forum is the next stop.

Just out of interest, Mariusz Lewandowski couldn't play for me for two months for "medical reasons". Just curious if anyone knows what these were IRL? I can't find anything about it on his wiki page.

According to this: http://www.fifa.com/confederationscup/news/newsid=799124.html

Mariusz Lewandowski was recovering from an Ankle injury during the Euros this year. Don't know if it's still causing him problems though.

Karamatev refused to extend his contract with Botev Plovdiv and this was the reason he was left out of the squad - decision of the club's owner. Recently the club was sold and as far as i know Karamatev is training with the squad again.

At the start of the game Joey Barton's status is "Unavailable to play club football until 28.07.2008" and this is separate from his 6-game FA match ban. Of course we all know why Barton couldn't play football until the end of July, so I wonder if this could be related at all.

Or maybe he's fulfilling some type of military service for his country. Who knows, but personal reasons is very vague.

Archived