The WORST game Iv ever bought.

This has gotta be the worst game going. For starters, the installation is an absolute joke, why should you need the internet to play this game? Who cares if people can download it online, not our problem. Iv paid £30 for this game I dont expect to have to go through all this just to play it! When I eventually get installed the game doesnt even function properly, annoying little line going through the page, no pictures in player profiles, 3D match engine doesnt work. Its an absolute awful game. Why should I have to download patches and other sh*t just to play it? What a joke, the game is back in its case with the receipt inside and will be on its way straight back to the shop tomorrow. Anyone else agree that we shouldnt have to do all this after forking out, just to play this game!?

SO you obviously never brought Battlecruiser 3000. Or Fallout 3. Or or or or.

This is one of the best releases of C/FM they've done. Ok the authorisation neither helped the users, nor stopped the piracy. But once you're into the game, assuming you aren't trying to run it on a toaster, it's good.

i do love the game but this time round it has been such a effort!!

A patch on release is not good, we are paying £30 for a game clearly not tested enough! Plus i have moved to a mac to play this game and still no update, was told friday would be available nothing yet!! I feel the game is unplayable till i get this fix game play isnt great few bugs and i cant play a game with out at least one person been injured its a joke!

Disappointing, if sigames wanted to push us over to the old champ man they are doing a good job.

Authorisation was an abysmal farce. Real Basil Fawlty stuff. But the game itself? Well, I've not seen any of the issues you're referring to. I haven't been this pleased with CM/FM in a while. My only problem is the same as with previous versions - too much choice! I'm determined to keep my Inverness game going, though. It's a while since I've been involved in a relegation battle and I want to see what it's like.

FM09 - terrible authentication, great game!

This has gotta be the worst game going. For starters, the installation is an absolute joke, why should you need the internet to play this game? Who cares if people can download it online, not our problem. Iv paid £30 for this game I dont expect to have to go through all this just to play it! When I eventually get installed the game doesnt even function properly, annoying little line going through the page, no pictures in player profiles, 3D match engine doesnt work. Its an absolute awful game. Why should I have to download patches and other sh*t just to play it? What a joke, the game is back in its case with the receipt inside and will be on its way straight back to the shop tomorrow. Anyone else agree that we shouldnt have to do all this after forking out, just to play this game!?

Did you register today just to say that?

Trust me, the DRM aside the actual game is one of the best CM/FM games. Real quality.

Entitled to your opinion but I can't quite work out how your complaints, all but the DRM would have been evident in the gold demo.

Have you ever played FM before? or did you just see it on the shelf and think it looked interesting?

Moaning about pictures in player profiles, if you had played the game before you would realise certain leagues don't have licenses for such a thing.

For whats it worth, it a fantastic game.

i do love the game but this time round it has been such a effort!!

Don't get me wrong, I'm far from impressed with what happened with authentication and all that stuff. However, was it really that much effort? When it didn't work for me, I had a little whinge on here and then went away for a while. Not ideal or even acceptable after paying for the game, but hardly an effort, either.

Did you register today just to say that?

Trust me, the DRM aside the actual game is one of the best CM/FM games. Real quality.

Entitled to your opinion but I can't quite work out how your complaints, all but the DRM would have been evident in the gold demo.

So the annoying little line that flickers throughout the middle of the screen is obviously meant to be there? And the fact that none of the player profiles have pictures in, is clearly a great feature of the game and last but not least the 3D engine theyve been w*nking on about, doesnt even work? Best game theyve ever done.

So the annoying little line that flickers throughout the middle of the screen is obviously meant to be there?[/Quote]

Isn't there for me.

And the fact that none of the player profiles have pictures in

It's a good thing you can put them in yourself then, just like you could (and had to, SI aren't made of licensing money) in FM05, and FM06, and FM07, and FM08.

and last but not least the 3D engine theyve been w*nking on about, doesnt even work?

Works for me.

Best game theyve ever done.

Yeah, I'd go for that.

So the annoying little line that flickers throughout the middle of the screen is obviously meant to be there? And the fact that none of the player profiles have pictures in, is clearly a great feature of the game and last but not least the 3D engine theyve been w*nking on about, doesnt even work? Best game theyve ever done.

Instead of moaning have you ever thought it might just be your machine that is not up to playing the game?

Where are the mods? Please move all these duplicate threads, it's really hard to find any quality at the moment. I really want to know what people think of the game (as in match engine, regens, etc), not just read garbage that should be posted somewhere else.

Let's go through these in order...

I don't have a little line that flickers throughout the middle of screen. Sounds like some kind of driver issue.

Player photos missing is due to licensing restrictions. It has little impact on the overall game and if you had tried the demo you would have known what to expect. The game is also designed in a way that mkes it easy to download additional content (logos, facepacks etc) from the Internet.

The 3D engine was avaliable in the demo so you could have tried it before purchasing the full game. 3D engine is much improved with the patch.

Considering its the first SI attempt at a 3D view I think its very good and really adds to the team/player performance feedback.

Its crap it does not work !! Its discrimation against people who do not have the internet !

Sorry but that is just the most stupid remark I've heard on these forums for days and thats saying something after all the nonsense of yesterday. :rolleyes: Please enlighten me as to why its discrimination for people who do not have internet access when you can use the telephone to activate the game or is using the telephone also discrimination?

Before you came on here ranting like this did you consider that the problem might actually be at your end? Did you check that your computer meets the minimum specs required to run the game? Patches for software is a part of life and you'll just have to accept it and get on with things and install the patches as required. I know the authentication is a pain but try uniloc. I did and it worked perfectly.

• SI Staff

If you are having problems with the game, then it's worth posting on the tech support forums where someone should be able to help you. If the 3d engine doesn't work, I suspect that your graphics card might be below the minimum specification that is on the back of the box for the game, but someone more technically minded than I would be able to tell you for sure.

Don't get me wrong, I'm far from impressed with what happened with authentication and all that stuff. However, was it really that much effort? When it didn't work for me, I had a little whinge on here and then went away for a while. Not ideal or even acceptable after paying for the game, but hardly an effort, either.

Yer an effort.

I would see it not being a effort if it was like last year. Bought the game loaded it on playing with in the hour no problems!

This year get the game, load it on. Then get problems with playing the game from the start, reading through the patch details looks like that will totally sort it but as i am a mac user nothing yet. So not playing it not worth it till its all sorted. Trust me if you wanna change tactics, you will need to restart the game as the cursor goes mad! Plus the injuries are impossible.

Then the effort is checking for the update here, fm.com, sigames, then read coming out friday, check then nothing.

Sounds to me you have player pictures turned off in settings. I would guess that the 'annoying flicker' and 3d engine not working is either because your graphics card isn't good enough or the drivers need updating. However I cant confirm that either of these is correct or incorrect because you were to busy ranting to post anything constructive that might help us to help you.

Ah right - so you have to go line to get the game to launch. mine wont start???!!! I have punched in the 8000 digit activisation code, had that authorised eventually. But now cant get the game to start???!!!

Ah right - so you have to go line to get the game to launch. mine wont start???!!! I have punched in the 8000 digit activation code, had that authorised eventually. But now cant get the game to start???!!!

No as mentioned many times on this forum there is a way where you don't need to run steam at all once activated.

But with all these moaning threads they disappear to quickly.

This game is AWFUL. I've been playing Champ Man for years and loved the last one. However, this year we have had to wait an extra month for it to be released. In that time they couldn't get the authentication system working for PC users and have made a version impossible for Mac users to actually enjoy because of the bugs. On top of this they have spent their time designing a press conference feature which, once everyone plays this game, will no doubt agree is a complete and utter waste of time and actually spoils the game. They have tried to make it more realistic but is it realistic that Man Utd (champions league and premiership winners) have only £10m to spend while man city have £80m??...this is just going to make england a competition against city which in reality it really isn't. And the 3D match engine is amateur at best, it has made FM a game that requires high specifications for computers when one of the joys of the game was its low specs that made it stable and less likely to crash than other games.

but is it realistic that Man Utd (champions league and premiership winners) have only £10m to spend while man city have £80m??

After Man United bought Berbatov in the summer, how much money do you think Fergie has available? I'd wager it's probably around the £10m mark, if not less. Plus, you can always ask the board for more money, and they're more likely to grant it to you in FM09 especially if you have a higher reputation. As for Man City, you do realise they've been bought out by some of the richest men in the world, right?

This game is AWFUL. I've been playing Champ Man for years and loved the last one. However, this year we have had to wait an extra month for it to be released. In that time they couldn't get the authentication system working for PC users and have made a version impossible for Mac users to actually enjoy because of the bugs. On top of this they have spent their time designing a press conference feature which, once everyone plays this game, will no doubt agree is a complete and utter waste of time and actually spoils the game. They have tried to make it more realistic but is it realistic that Man Utd (champions league and premiership winners) have only £10m to spend while man city have £80m??...this is just going to make england a competition against city which in reality it really isn't. And the 3D match engine is amateur at best, it has made FM a game that requires high specifications for computers when one of the joys of the game was its low specs that made it stable and less likely to crash than other games.

Man utd only have 10mil probably because they have just spent 30mil on berbatov and yes City will have more than any team in the world because they have the richest owners in the world with no debt like Manutd 800mil debt.

And the 3d is great we were never expecting FIFA style graphics it's just nice to see what your players are actually doing in a match.

Line going through the page - sounds like an issue with your machine - you may not have up to date drivers for your graphics card. I have no problems with mine.

Player pictures - SI only have the licences for some. Check the English Championship and you'll find plenty.

3D match engine doesn't work - works for me. Works for most other people. If it doesn't work, then it's probably an issue with your graphics card being too crap.

Or how about you ask politely in the technical forum for help and people will help you get rid of the line and possibly get the 3D engine working for you or at least figure out and explain why it isn't. And you don't need the internet, there's a phone activation option.

It's a great game and you'll be missing out on it because you sound like you've got no manners or patience.

Yeah of course I realise Man City are the "richest" club in the world but the difference between champ man and reality is that buying players is such a big part compared to real life and now if a team like man city are so different to anyone else then its going to make it unrealistic...do you seem what i mean? the only way that they can level that up is if the club attractiveness is much less than the big clubs...so that, as in real life, berbatov chooses a man utd over a tottenham who out bid them

Archived