Why????

I placed the disc of FM 2009 into my PC at 1.30. It's now 5pm and I have not started playing yet. I now know where I went wrong, but why on earth as the previous method of installation, which took five minutes, been replaced? It is totally ridiculous. Even doing the Steam thing took a minimum hour and a half. Why?

Guest Higuain_20

SI are ridiculous, they are trying to prevent piracy and by that they made life harder for everyone! anyways they even fail in stopping piracy, right now im playing the game! good luck next year SI, btw the match engine sucks!

Steam will have automatically downloaded the patch, hence why it took so long. I pre-downloaded the patch before installation and found the whole process to be easy and straightforward.

However, I appear to be in the minority.

took me for ever to install and once installed it keeps crashing regularly. can't believe you have to have the internet to play it. purchased every incarnation since the original amiga champ man but this will be my last

You only need the internet to activate. Alternatively you could phone, once done you can play anytime without the disk.

Archived