UK - Phone Activation query

not really an issue with the keys etc., more about the UK phone line itself!

have installed the game on a new build Vista 64bit PC, run the patch, and gone through the key code entry....

when this is done, you get a list of phone numbers (for UK it starts 0808 or something, if I recall)....

now i've been trying all day to get through on this phone line from 9am until 4pm now - aside from a couple of hours watching the Liverpool/Bolton match. :D

the phone has NEVER been engaged, connects after 6-7 seconds, only to give a "Your party is not answering" message, before cutting off stone dead!

I have NEVER actually managed to get through on the phone line, to anything beyond that recorded message - Chris(t) knows how much this cost me on phone calls at this stage!

essentially, I cannot connect the new PC to the internet, as it will not work with my current ADSL modem (the one I'm using now, on my old crapbox PC), and am still awaiting my new Netgear router from Play.com....

(the new router I would expect to be an improvement, and would already have, if Play had not sent out a completely different item last week, forcing me to return the thing this week, and await the correct order - thanks Play, if you are reading this!)....

I was under the impression that activating on the phone was one of the optons open to us - i've already read through the "activation" threads above, and there are posts from some saying they have tried phone connections and been ok, and some have been cut off....

Is the UK phone line down or something?

checked this forum last night, and it was down for some time (shock)! :D

So, I currently have no option to activate over the internet with my new PC, (cannot do much about that until my new Netgear router appears), and cannot run FM09 on the PC i'm sitting at right now, as it is well below spec....

no mention in the other threads that i've read through, similar to my experience today - some have gotten through and activated, some have been cut off after step 3 (whatever step 3 is??)....

just wondering if anyone knows owt?? :(

can't be bothered doing any more today, off to watch the Ireland/New Zealand international on BBC2 now! :p

Archived