Facegen was disabled because it failed to initialise...HELP!

Hi,

I registered and downloaded FM09 yesterday. Everything went OK. Then I wanted to start the game. I did. I saw the advertisements of War Child, against racism, etc. Then I saw all the license information about country's, logo's, club's etc. and then the game stopped and I got a warning message:

"Facegen was disabled because it failed to initialise. Please check log file for details."

So I can't start a new game. I haven't seen that screen yet....

I looks like the game is running at the background (as a proces) but I can't see it.

Hopefully somebody knows what to do.

(it doesn't matter if the solution unables me to see player pictures and/or 3D view, because I would not activate them anyway).

Kind regards from The Netherlands!

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM

Can someone from SI please answer cos this is taking the p***

After 11 hours of trying to get the code to work I now have this

I have tried installing, uninstalling, removing facegen folding, not removing it.

What are we supposed to do !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...
I've updated my graphic card and it still doesn't work. It6 says fm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close and another one says facegen was disabled because it failed to initialize. Has had 10 problems solved. Getting QUITE annoyed now.

OK so you've got the updated drivers yes? Have you updated you DirectX, Java and got the patch?

Skorp:

I have the same problem as filiphhh- I have updated everything including FM patch, Direct X and graphics card drivers. I have loads of spare RAM, physical memory and good processor speed (well above min spec). I cannot shake this error even after a full removal of the software following the updates. Any clues at all?

OK so you've got the updated drivers yes? Have you updated you DirectX, Java and got the patch?

I've got the patch and updated the drivers, but when I want to install DXSDK_Nov08 i stops and says "error code s1023". I thought maybe if i upgrade to direct x it'll work better? 'cause I can't even uninstall directx here. Had a computer-friend over yesterday who took a look at it and he couldn't help me either.

I wonder if it's vista...cuz on my laptop which is sadly not working it works fine using xp - but I try and install it on my brand new pc (before you start asking me to install drivers) and it comes up with this facegen error and yes i have installed the patch.

So what's the solution for vista users?

I wonder if it's vista...cuz on my laptop which is sadly not working it works fine using xp - but I try and install it on my brand new pc (before you start asking me to install drivers) and it comes up with this facegen error and yes i have installed the patch.

So what's the solution for vista users?

I've got the patch and updated the drivers, but when I want to install DXSDK_Nov08 i stops and says "error code s1023". I thought maybe if i upgrade to direct x it'll work better? 'cause I can't even uninstall directx here. Had a computer-friend over yesterday who took a look at it and he couldn't help me either.

I mean Direct x 10 there. Would that be better to make the game function?

I'm havin XP

I mean Direct x 10 there. Would that be better to make the game function?

I'm havin XP

Well, what happens here now? Are we gonna be able to play it or what?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived