Does sending players away effect homegrown status in CL?

When I have a talent, and I choose to send him away to my feederclubs, I send him away for two seasons or so. Lets say I buy him when he is 17, and send him away to my affiliate. Then next season I do the same. The third season he's ready to play for my a-team.

Will he be counted as homegrown now or do I actually have to let him rotten without matchpractice in my -19 team for two seasons?

I signed an israeli defender at the start of the game for Bayern Munich, I sent him out on loan 5 years running and by the end of those 5 years he had only been in Germany for 102 days according to his personal screen. He appeared as HG when I was asked to register my squad for the CL the following season.

Originally posted by Nomis07:

I signed an israeli defender at the start of the game for Bayern Munich, I sent him out on loan 5 years running and by the end of those 5 years he had only been in Germany for 102 days according to his personal screen. He appeared as HG when I was asked to register my squad for the CL the following season.

lol i am amazed that he signed for a german side with the nations terrible history of anti-semitism.

It does NOT effect the HG status, whether you send him on loan domestically or abroad.

Remember, they need to be at/with your club for at least 3 years for HG status.

Also, they need to move to your club before they turn 18. If you buy them at age 18, 3 years will not be covered, that's why you usually think that sending them on loan effect HG status. It's not.

Originally posted by Tom Leeburn:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nomis07:

lol i am amazed that he signed for a german side with the nations terrible history of anti-semitism. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh Jeez! (no anti-semitism intended icon_wink.gif)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nomis07:

lol i am amazed that he signed for a german side with the nations terrible history of anti-semitism. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Most Germans are nice people kay?

Originally posted by clarkeoh:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tom Leeburn:

they seem friendly enough on tv, but surely it will never be a safe place for a jew?

i really don't think you will get away with saying that </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i am sorry i dont see how that can construed offensive, you are not actually trying to DENY the holocaust happened are you?

i am sorry i dont see how that can construed offensive, you are not actually trying to DENY the holocaust happened are you?

What?!?! Of course it's offensive, you were implying that Jews wouldn't be safe in Germany and the inference is that the German people would do something to them. It was totally offensive. Then you have the audacity to label someone as a holocaust denyer because they said they didn't think you'd get away with saying it. Absolutely ridiculous.

^3 years from 17 at the oldest on day of signing for orange (club trained)

^3 years from 17 at the oldest for yellow (association trained i.e. at any club within the same nation)

Champions League Rules 2007/2008:-

-------------------------------

Conditions for Registration: List A

No club may have more than 25 players on List A during the season. As a minimum, places 20 to 25 on List A (six places) are reserved exclusively for “locally trained players†and no club may have more than three “association trained players†listed in places 20 to 25 on List A. List A must specify the six

players who qualify as being “locally trainedâ€, as well as whether they are “club-trained†or “association-trainedâ€. The possible combinations that enable clubs to comply with the List A requirements are set out in Annex VIII.

A “locally trained player†is either a “club-trained player†or an “association trained playerâ€.

A “club-trained player†is a player who – irrespective of his nationality and age – has been registered with his current club for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons (i.e. a period starting with the first official match of the relevant national championship and ending with the last official match

of that relevant national championship) or of 36 months between the age of 15 (or the start of the season during which the player turns 15) and 21 (or the end of the season during which the player turns 21).

An “association-trained player†is a player who – irrespective of his nationality and age – has been registered with a club or with other clubs affiliated to the same national association as that of his current club for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons or of 36 months between the age of 15 (or the start of the season during which the player turns 15) and 21 (or the end of the season during which the player turns 21).

Conditions for Registration: List B

Each club is entitled to register an unlimited number of players on List B during the season.

A player may be registered on List B if he is born on or after 1 January 1986 and has been eligible to play for the club concerned for any uninterrupted period of two years since his 15th birthday by the time he is registered with UEFA.

--------------------------------------

Haven't played in Europe on 08 in a while but I have this vague recollection on FM 07 of players purchased as 17 year olds getting yellow HG after 2 years and this turning to orange after 3. Also 18 year olds getting yellow HG after years but not orange after 3. Maybe the rules have changed or my memory is playing tricks.

Archived