Game was closed due to low virtual memory

Do people really need to set their VMem these days? I'd suggest leaving it to Windows (System managed size) which is perfectly fine. Saying that mine is on custom initial 1536 / max 3072 :D Do not remember ever setting that though... hmm.

If he has 1MB of main RAM the PC would tend to use more of the Virtual stuff, swapping data in and out. In that sense, slrookes question makes sense.

Virtual memory has a lot to to do with RAM. When the system runs out of system memory its use the swap file i.e. Virtual Memory.

Virtual Memory should be set to 1.5 times the amount of RAM you have, to avoid slowing the system down to much.

You should have a minimum 1GB RAM IMO for this game.

I have a really good pc. But i tought that fm 09 was quite a bit slower then 08. When i watched how much memory both games uses i saw: football manager 2008 using 148.224kb. Football manager 2009 was using 324.485kb. That is really a lot more:P

Sorry for the bad english

u can get a gig of RAM for £30 in pc world. i added 2 gig to my pc and it runs super fast and adds more lifetime to my pc which is 4 years old. having all this quadcore chips and so forth is all very good but expensive when u have bills to pay. improving ur RAM is a sure fire way to speed up ur pc alot. www.crucial.com test ur pc and see what difference u can make.

Archived