SI disgrace- Game OVER

Hello,all

I am a guy from Greece. I have never post again, and actually in any forum as I do no have much spare time. I am 32 and i play Football Manager (former CM) since I was 18. I felt the need to write something today as I really feel that I have been cheated by Sega and SI.

I bought this game today, namely fm 2009, by spending 45 euros. Thart represents an increase of 30% percent compared to 2008.

So, I was excpecting a better improved product.

What did I get?

A product with:

1)Required Internet Connection in order to use it? Who said that everything has Internet connection? Why should call to be allowed to activate something we paid for?

Are all these written on the box before you buy it? NO

Any product you buy out in the market you automatically obtain the right to use it. NO WITH SEGA AND SI. This is not true

2)Serious activation issues. I initially installed 3 times using THE DRM's but the installation failed at all times.

3) Serious installation issues. I finally installed it successfully but the FM folders annd exe were nowhere mto be found. Neither the unistallation options. I could uninstall this crap from my machine.

4) You did not even get the activation key right. I had to de-code the Da Vinci code to put the key successfully.

5) SI if you are to do something, do it right. If you want to implement 3D you should consider that we are in 2008 and not in the 1990'S. We could wait for a couple of years more to get the right result. But this is dreadful.

My questions are:

What have you been doing for the last 1-2 years? Developing? You developed an application full of bags. The first day patch corrects hundrends of issues. Did you specify all those issues during the last month? What about the previous 24 months?

Did you test anything? It seems that no testing took place.

To conclude with FM and Sega products are over for me. My only advice is:

When things are like that, and the economy is like that, 45 euros might be a significant amount for some people. Especially the younger ones.

Thus, you should respect them more

Thanks

points 1 2 3 are all the same, you lost at max 1 day of playing

He has a good point though, there are a lot of people who do not post here that are experiencing the same problems, I have two friends that their only computer use is msn and football manager and they haven't got a clue what's going on, the problem is a lot worse than is being communicated. Ultimately a pc game that doesnt require internet access to play should work out of the box, first time no problems, the error is theres and no one elses and people that reply with "its only a day" are just making me angrier.

He has a good point though, there are a lot of people who do not post here that are experiencing the same problems, I have two friends that their only computer use is msn and football manager and they haven't got a clue what's going on, the problem is a lot worse than is being communicated. Ultimately a pc game that doesnt require internet access to play should work out of the box, first time no problems, the error is theres and no one elses and people that reply with "its only a day" are just making me angrier.

IT WAS ONLY A DAY

what about if they post it was only a day capitalised ?

He's right. Sega need to look at their pricing structure. For a game that costs 25 or so pounds they are charging 40+ Euros abroad. It's a complete ripoff and makes no sense. Use any currency convertor and the game should be about 30 Euros and not 40+. If SI and Sega wish to improve their numbers of buyers then this is not the way to do it. EA maintain a similar pricing structure in whichever country they sell. Although its different currencies its all one common market and as such the pricing policy is a CON.

As for the game, yes activation sucks but they've bought all emphasis on Steam which most ppl know is rubbish so that imo is a step backwards.

Honestly, you do realize that many other countries cannot even buy the game yet right? You will still get to play long before me in the US, and what is a day or 2 lost anyway? At the age of 32, I would expect a little more maturity, not somebody going online whinning that he has been cheated. Every company in the world makes mistakes. But are you really going to get online and whine about being cheated when your hamburger isn't made perfectly to order at McDonnalds?

Have some patients, and your game will be up and running in no time. They are working on it.

Honestly, you do realize that many other countries cannot even buy the game yet right? You will still get to play long before me in the US, and what is a day or 2 lost anyway? At the age of 32, I would expect a little more maturity, not somebody going online whinning that he has been cheated. Every company in the world makes mistakes. But are you really going to get online and whine about being cheated when your hamburger isn't made perfectly to order at McDonnalds?

Have some patients, and your game will be up and running in no time. They are working on it.

MY friend, I am trying right now to do something for you. 45 euros are not significant for me but are guys who are between 18-24 which I believe are the biggest slice of the pie in here.

Furthermore, you are lucky that it will be delayed in the U.S as you can have a clear picture and avoid buying the game/

I could sell to you mine though in a very good price if you wish.

I would not comment on the thing about maturity because I do not believe that I comunicate with someone with double-figured IQ.

Finally I am over. That was my contribution in the forum. Take it or leave it

My point is that i only have access to mobile broadband, like many others, where downloading can be a fast as watching snails race across the garden path, due to me having the dreaded Cannot load game:unable to load graphics system, i have had to download an application off windows website that was recommened by someone in technical support forum that was over 400mb! you can guess on a 56kbps connection how long that took, for it to clear the problem then to be told that this wont help me load the game and now i have to download the patch also, which i have been trying to do all day unsuccessfully as SI link doesnt load up!

To me we could have had more advise ready for the launch it took over 6 hours to get it activated, untill 1am this morning to download the microsoft application, and all day today trying and failing to download the patch!

Its not good enough SI what about people that cant access the net?

have you tried ringing your helpline number from the manual! sounds like John in Technical support has left the phone off the hook!

Im guessing a refund and apoligy for the people this has effected who dont have access to these pages is out of the question?

Stop defending SI, even i agree with him. Its a disgrace.

It isn't about defending SI, it's about keeping a balanced perspective; people have had major problems (no one is denying that) but I would be amazed if they aren't all resolved very quickly. Then people will be enjoying a very good product.

It isn't about defending SI, it's about keeping a balanced perspective; people have had major problems (no one is denying that) but I would be amazed if they aren't all resolved very quickly. Then people will be enjoying a very good product.

Yes but my friend THIS IS NOT THE POINT. THIS IS HAPPENING EVERY YEAR. YOU PAY FOR A FULL PRODUCT. SI MUST DELIVER ONCE AT LAST.

OK. THEN I CAN TAKE THE BOXED PRODUCT AND ONCE THEY SOLVE THE ISSUES, I WILL PAY THE PRICE OF IT. IS THIS FAIR?

AND THIS WAS DEFINITELY THE LAST

not somebody going online whinning that he has been cheated.

except he has been cheated and actually he came across as somebody who doesn't use forums very often unless he has a problem. and yes, everyone has a problem because for the 2nd time, i personally have witnessed utter fail from SEGA.

Yes but my friend THIS IS NOT THE POINT. THIS IS HAPPENING EVERY YEAR. YOU PAY FOR A FULL PRODUCT. SI MUST DELIVER ONCE AT LAST.

OK. THEN I CAN TAKE THE BOXED PRODUCT AND ONCE THEY SOLVE THE ISSUES, I WILL PAY THE PRICE OF IT. IS THIS FAIR?

AND THIS WAS DEFINITELY THE LAST

Please don't use capitals, it hurts my eyes :( When people come on and moan, they appear to miss the point- SI are a business, if you don't like the product, don't pay for it. If enough people do this (which they won't because the game will be very popular) and SI don't make money, they will stop making games because they are not selling. Simple. Remember, you have consumer rights and can take the game back. I have a funny feeling you won't tho, you'll be addicted in a week.

Second post Rossi has made, on the same subject and with almost the same title. Last one was closed. This once has a little more content, but isn't there rules against continually posting the same stuff?

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but ranting, abuse and over-capitalising isn't really healthy is it? Over-reaction too.

The installation and activation issues are being/have been worked out.

The match graphics are plenty good enough for a football management sim game. The need for graphics of the quality of games such as FIFA and PES is not there. I think the representation is rather good to be honest.

People complain about the price, but it is obvious that price will go down after a while. What is the point of pre-ordering with high price or buying it first weekend knowing that it will be overpriced and very likely buggy. FM provides its best after second patch around january and the price will be noticeably lower too.

I have not yet try Steam but obviously it is not the smoothest technology. I believe they will improve it as well. I wonder will this activation cause lots of return and refund request since obviously not al the users check this community and they do not know what to do and maybe many players already gave up and regret paying for the game. I'm sure if refund percentage increase significantly with this version SI will reconsider their partnership with Steam next year.

Please don't use capitals, it hurts my eyes :( When people come on and moan, they appear to miss the point- SI are a business, if you don't like the product, don't pay for it. If enough people do this (which they won't because the game will be very popular) and SI don't make money, they will stop making games because they are not selling. Simple. Remember, you have consumer rights and can take the game back. I have a funny feeling you won't tho, you'll be addicted in a week.

thats not the point yes ofcourse you dont have to buy it, but he obviously does because it's a good game, but it's not flipping working1 you buy a game to play, it should work they have been making games for years, and have mucked up completely, yes it's a mistake but no one is coming up with solutions that work? that bit about you have the choice to buy it is stupid because if you spend 27 pounds on a game it should work!!! simple maths buy game=should work!

Lets be honest here not everyone has got internet the second thing is why should you have to pay more on top to make a phone call to activate it and thirdly this will not stop piracy it is a fact.

People have been let down not by SI but by Sega they are the ones who have implemented it and seeing SI have no choice they had to go with the flow. Piracy is a killer for most companies and they lose thousands of pounds if not millions but the fact of the matter is this whole episode has taken away the fact FM09 is a brilliant game.

As for this post I totally agree it is a disgrace to all the fans of the series from day one.

www.footballmanager2009andbeyond.co.uk

Archived