FM 2009 editor problems

I cant run the editor in FM2009 i keep getting an error message saying: This application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more details.

Does anyone know how to get it to work?

I really think SI need to have a serious rethink and just distribute the game the old fashioned way and keep the install/editor like all other versions of FM. Too many problems with Steam/Uniloc and the problem with the editor is probably something to do with this also.

I think SI should make another advert for tv and when the journlist asks the manager "why do you put yourself through all this?" they should cut to someone trying to install and run this damn game.

Yep got exactly the same...activated through Uniloc, won't let me use the editor.

Very strange. I activated through Uniloc as well and both the game and the editor work perfectly. Have you downloaded and installed the patch? Post your system specs then perhaps we might be able to help more.

Do you mean you have XP and Windows service pack 2 or

Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 and

Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1 (this is the service pack for .NET Framework not the service pack for Windows).

As I said, I've got both of those suggested downloads (already had them installed on my machine, have done for ages) and the problem still exists for me :thup:

Do you mean you have XP and Windows service pack 2 or

Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 and

Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1 (this is the service pack for .NET Framework not the service pack for Windows).

Dan i saw ur tip for XP user, do u have a clue how the Vista user could make it work as well?

Vekaz, it looks like you haven't installed this file yet

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=79BC3B77-E02C-4AD3-AACF-A7633F706BA5&displaylang=en

although it's called 'service pack 1' it's actually a bug fix for the .NET Framework (dotnetfx.exe) file.

I don't have any Mac's or Vista systems so I'm unable to try any potential fixes but as some people using these systems seem to be able to run the editor I'd suggest making sure that your hardware drivers and operating system updates are all up to date.

As I said, I've got both of those suggested downloads (already had them installed on my machine, have done for ages) and the problem still exists for me :thup:

You could maybe try uninstalling Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1 from add & remove programs and download and install a fresh copy as it may have not installed properly.

Vista users could try installing these

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 (Vista compatible)

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=333325FD-AE52-4E35-B531-508D977D32A6&displaylang=en

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 (Vista compatible)

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=AB99342F-5D1A-413D-8319-81DA479AB0D7&displaylang=en

Remember to re-start the computer when the installs are finished.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

for some reason my editor does not work. I have edited a team and set various players on future transfers to the team for the date close to where the game begins and none of the editing has worked. I then did a simple edit (Christiano Ronaldo to the team on a free) and this still did not work.

Anybody else having problems like this?

Hi,

for some reason my editor does not work. I have edited a team and set various players on future transfers to the team for the date close to where the game begins and none of the editing has worked. I then did a simple edit (Christiano Ronaldo to the team on a free) and this still did not work.

Anybody else having problems like this?

Yeah I'm having a similar problem, the editor itself works as in it opens and lets you fiddle things, and when it comes to saving it lets you do everything as per normal, but then neither the editor nor the game itself can see the created database. There is a file for it in, assumedly, the correct folder [C:\Documents and Settings\*username*\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\db], but still it can't be accessed by anything. Help?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

so no one find the solution as to how can we load the editor data we did n strat playing it.?

AS I remember 2008 when u go to the main menu it has a window open up and ask you what data do you wana play the game. that's where you could choose to play the normal db or the one you did with editor

Archived