Fm2009 wont launch

Ive tried to run fm through both the steam and the other option, each time i come to run the game an error message appears saying "football manager is already running". Anybody have any ideas on how to fix this?

Daraul.

Ctrl+Alt+delete

Then go to processes, and find fm.exe. Highlight it and press end process.

Then confirm it, then try the game. :)

Yeah i tried that earlier, same thing happens. Trying to run it through the steam again now and getting the "This game is currently unavailable,please try again at another time".eee hey i love a good install challenge, nothing better.

Yeah i tried that earlier, same thing happens. Trying to run it through the steam again now and getting the "This game is currently unavailable,please try again at another time".eee hey i love a good install challenge, nothing better.

Daraul. Log out of steam.

Then go to:

C:\Program Files\Steam

And delete Clientregistry.blob.

Then log back in, and try FM2009.

:)

i have done the first bit ok but its

' then right click on fm.exe. and run as administrator then ok.'

i dont understand, i have right clicked on everything and there is nothing that lets me 'run as administrator'

thanks for your help by the way, as you might have notced computers are not my strong point!!!!

Dann.

Go to C:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Football Manager 2009

Then right click on fm.exe. And run as administrator. Then press ok.

Should be ok then.

i have done the first bit ok but its

' then right click on fm.exe. and run as administrator then ok.'

i dont understand, i have right clicked on everything and there is nothing that lets me 'run as administrator'

thanks for your help by the way, as you might have notced computers are not my strong point!!!!

Im sorry, it should be called Run as - then select Administrator. Then click Ok.

Deleted it, tried again and getting the same response. Checked the program files again and the clientregistry has re-appeared. The "football manager is already running" message i recieved also appearedwhen i was halfway through the 2008 game and could no longer play that.

Deleted it, tried again and getting the same response. Checked the program files again and the clientregistry has re-appeared. The "football manager is already running" message i recieved also appearedwhen i was halfway through the 2008 game and could no longer play that.

Yeh clientregistry is basically a cache file.

Erm. Ill look for a solution, brb.

i got this game yesterday but it wont instal on my computer! after following the original prompts from the instal screen it trys to instal but just come back with some problems occured during instalation, please refer to the istalation log for details. But wheres the instal log? so i tried again this morning and now nothing happens when i put the cd in. Ive tried manually installing it but still same response comes back. anyone know whats wrong?

hello luk i dont know much about computers i just want to set my game up but everytime i get to the instalation windown it appears for 1 second then dissapeares and doesn't come back and i just can't do it does anybody have any advice that would mean so much bcaus this game is all ive wanted to play

I dont know if this would help but I had a problem where my display adaptor crashed whenever the fm load screen was supposed to come up but if you goto start-controlpanel-display-settings-advanced-troubleshoot-turn your hardware acceleration to zero and tick enable box.

I hope this helps people because I never thought this was gonna get sorted but it has.

Archived