Warning for SI: Piracy

First off, I'd like to say this is not my case. You can see several posts from me saying I have the STEAM copy of the game. Pre ordered it a month ago.

But to the point now:

People are applying the patch released in the strawberry demo version and getting it to work (I hear it's full of bugs, like you can't go on vacation), but it's something that should be looked at. This year's DRM prevented the game to be on the internet before the release, what is a great spet, but unfortunatelly the patch tha came out "ruinned" everything...

Advice for SI/SEGA: hire some people just to try to crack the game. Surelly these people will find ways to crack it before it goes retail and you'll be able to fix those security's breach.

Assuming the people that cracked it didnt manage to get a copy early (I'd be surprised) it still took them most of the first day of release to get it out to people, when usually the game is available upto a month in advance, I'd say it's been a good result against piracy, the authenticating tho is another matter.

it has never stopped piracy.

all this DRM crap is doing is driving more people to pirate.

This is a good point. I've always used legal software but in recent months I've found myself looking into cracking/pirating methods in order to overcome DRM. I'm not the sort of person who usually does things like that either, so DRM literally has driven me to do it. Bad move by SI to go down this route. Trust me - it will make things much worse.

This is a good point. I've always used legal software but in recent months I've found myself looking into cracking/pirating methods in order to overcome DRM. I'm not the sort of person who usually does things like that either, so DRM literally has driven me to do it. Bad move by SI to go down this route. Trust me - it will make things much worse.

So you have considered steeling? Your parents must be so proud....

Unfortunately, piracy can not be stopped.

Correct.

And as proven today, most attempts to protect games just result in pointless fail.

Nothing is ever going to stop people cracking activation so I don't see why they don't just use normal CDKEY auth.

Today's release is pure fail - and why? because they could've used Steam's activation but they hired a fail company to do it.

Some people like myself dont want that steam crap on there pcs though.I for one activated mine the Uniloc way and have had no problems.Ive never really understood anyone wanting to download a game to own legally over going to a shop and buying a nice box version in nice dvd case and manuel

Some people like myself dont want that steam crap on there pcs though.I for one activated mine the Uniloc way and have had no problems.Ive never really understood anyone wanting to download a game to own legally over going to a shop and buying a nice box version in nice dvd case and manuel

The game isn't sold here in Brazil, so I have 2 options:

a) Download it (eighter the legal or ilegal way);

b) Import the game;

Last year I imported the game, but as it takes around 2 weeks to arrive I downloaded the pirate verion anyway while wait.

As I feel good about paying for something I like and it's cheaper and faster to buy it via digital download, I bought mine through STEAM this year.

DRM didnt work though some of us like myself had there boxed versions on the 13th November i got mine from amazon cost me £27.95 though.And although i was at work all day i tried the game at 6pm when i finished work and come home and i was playing within mins for activatin with uniloc

Archived