Game Returns !!!!!!!

I spoke to a friend of mine who's partner works in Game, she said Game have been inundated with customers returning FM09 today,they say customers have demanded a refund and got one simply because of the amount of people returning the game.

I have to say I am one of the lucky ones who can run the game but I know a few who are having problems and not happy.

I spoke to a friend of mine who's partner works in Game, she said Game have been inundated with customers returning FM09 today,they say customers have demanded a refund and got one simply because of the amount of people returning the game.

I have to say I am one of the lucky ones who can run the game but I know a few who are having problems and not happy.

Which stores that then?

To put it into perspective, I was in GAME Watford today and they've only had one customer return a copy.

The one upstairs or the high-street one? The high-street one in Watford is generally the one that gets the returns, I believe. BUT, Gamestation across the road gets more returns anyway.

Horray for Watford's vast array of computer game shops.

No offence Marc , but watford is not representing the whole of the U.K so that statement was slightly pointless :S

I think his point is that just because you and your group of friends may be unhappy with the game, an average mid-sized town has next-to no returns for all it's sales.

FM is pretty popular in Watford; we don't have any decent real football to watch, or anything better to do than play computer games.

• SI Staff

I wasn't trying to say that there are no returns but Hershie kind of has my point. I wanted to show that Calcioplayer had friends in GAME who have had a lot of returns yet my local stores didn't.

Yes but without the activation stupidity shown you would have had no one returning the game at all marc. To be honest i feel sorry for sigames because i don't know whether they wanted to do this whole activation mess i would believe it to be something sega have insisted on. At least thats what my heart is telling me.

I don't see any reason for using it at all. As we know it has already been cracked apparently on torrents. If this was the big tool to beat piracy its total overkill. It's like using a rocket launcher to swot a fly.

In the end of the day you people were more eager to beat the small minority of piracy users that you've actually alienated your core fans by this disrupting launch day. No doubt you will be successful again in the future releases to come (i won't be returning my game and i will buy again) but you've left a nasty tasty in the mouth and have surely pushed some people to rival managerial games.

Can i just go on record the decision to use steam is dreadful. I hate that program. Causes so many troubles. Whoever chose this policy of football manager is a very silly and ignorant person if they didnt see this inevitable backlash from a rather amateur badly run program like steam.

Is this game ''dodgy'' due to funding or any other issue.....why does a game of such popularity suffer from so much bugs and issues?......im happy with the game, and i know some minor issues will be sorted....im quite enjoying it. but is it to do with money? does SI not test these problems? im struggling to understand.....if so why not charge 50 Pounds a game for a quality working game from minute 1.

I oredered mine from HMV online, i phoned the shop in my home town as the game would not load, she said she would not normaly take the game back from a online sale, but as there had been 5 guys in today stating the game wont work the she would take for another one, but as the other one ant working a will be going back and gettin my money back,

Under the sale of goods act they can take it back to wherever they purchased it from, demanding there money back if it wasn't fit for purpose. Which many would argue it is not due to this new installation scheme they are using, & which isn't advertised on the packaging.

I was annoyed myself yesterday not being able to use the software due to the problems at hand, but I came to try it again early today without no problems & am happy. In fairness I have been a long term fan, buying every version, so it is unlikely I would have taken it back for awhile, but I expect alot of people would have been frustrated, just wanting to play the damn thing, so I expect a lot of damage has been done to SI reputation.

grrrrr this is so feking annoying. I dont want to take it back but i don't think it's going to come on, the key look up is terrible has anyone suceeded with it? i love footy manager but it simply doesn't work, i've actually heard that the new premiership manager is quite good, may just have to settle for that :(, it's a lot cheaper aswell.

grrrrr this is so feking annoying. I dont want to take it back but i don't think it's going to come on, the key look up is terrible has anyone suceeded with it? i love footy manager but it simply doesn't work, i've actually heard that the new premiership manager is quite good, may just have to settle for that :(, it's a lot cheaper aswell.

I don't think this has been a contender since the 1st two versions under Gremlin Graphics, unless it has had a major overhaul recently.

Which stores that then?

Thought not. :rolleyes:

it faulty, overly difficult to install with childlike printing errors for the code on the back of the manual and now you can only play it when connected to the internet which means that there will be plenty of times when you can't play it. also reading this thread it appears that si don't give a f*** about the consumer base. why would the website have been inundated with people complaining about this game for no reason

Archived