My god i bet Miles is going to have a headache tonight..

Feel sorry for the bloke. Once this initial wave of installation and authentication issues has blown over im sure people will start to give this game critical acclaim. Just hope he gets credit where credits due when that time comes, even if the release has been a total balls up ! :p

I am sure the game is wonderful, the only issue is that in this day and age we should be able to play a pc game that DOES not require internet access to play the stand alone game should be available to play as soon as its installed. I have played MMO's for a long time and I have never known a release as bad as this.

• SI Staff

I don't have as much of a headache as those people who have bought the game, and can't get it working!

The vast majority of people who have purchased the game are having no problems, especially now that the authentication side of things is working properly, but that is of no consequence or meaning to those who are having issues, which is why those people are upset. I would be if I was in their position too (as I am with my Sky box currently!).

Our priority at the moment is getting those people who are having issues up and running so that they can enjoy the game as much as those who are happily playing - including as many as possible who have machines below minimum spec.

The game is class i love it. The 3D engine is the best part, obviously.

However there have been major issues for some, not for me though. Activated through Steam and have had no problems since thursday early evening. I had a couple of BSOD's, they were solved by rolling back to catalyst 8.10.

Archived