How to play FM09 in windowed mode

1. Right click on the FM09 icon on your desktop & click properties.

2. In the target field, add "-windowed -small_screen" at the end of the target, with a space between the target & "-windowed -small_screen" & obviously no quotation marks.

3. Click ok & you should be able to play in windowed mode next time you run FM09 :thup:

--------------------

Also, you should probably have FM09 off when doing this.

2. In the target field, add "-windowed -small_screen" at the end of the target, with a space between the target & "-windowed -small_screen" & obviously no quotation marks.

3. Click ok & you should be able to play in windowed mode next time you run FM09 :thup:

--------------------

thanks mate thats sorted it thank you

Have you put a space between "C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\fm.exe" and -windowed -small_screen

So it should read like this: "C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\fm.exe" -windowed -small_screen

Also are you running the game through Steam? It might be a problem with Steam, I'm not sure.

Urghhh Im having major problems, i have tried to do what everyone is saying but i don't even get the option to instead i get target:"C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe" -applaunch 10540

So i tried putting the thing into there but still no luck, any help pleaseee?

Urghhh Im having major problems, i have tried to do what everyone is saying but i don't even get the option to instead i get target:"C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe" -applaunch 10540

im not using steam

and when i pase tht in nd try and load it up it says fm.exe has encoutered a problem and needs to close

In that case maybe you should just go back to the original target that you had earlier today & just play without windowed mode. Sorry about that :(

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!I need some advice please.

After a crash that my football manager had due to low memory,i cannot play anymore to windowed mode!!!I tried everything,i chose windowed mode from options and nothing,i put the command -windowed -small_screen and nothing,even i reinstalled fm but nothing!

Any ideas?Something went wrong with my pc after that crush?

Hello!I need some advice please.

After a crash that my football manager had due to low memory,i cannot play anymore to windowed mode!!!I tried everything,i chose windowed mode from options and nothing,i put the command -windowed -small_screen and nothing,even i reinstalled fm but nothing!

Any ideas?Something went wrong with my pc after that crush?

Nobody?? :(

• 1 month later...
Nobody?? :(

I have the exact same problem - I've searched and tried everything suggested on here but still nothing.

My cursor keeps flicking during the game and it was suggested I try playing in windowed mode - but I can't get it to change to windowed mode so I'm screwed.

It seems to me that one problem just leads onto another.

I think it may have something to do with Steam for me.

I've only got a 15 inch monitor at present and when I go into windowed mode the display is too big for the screen, so you can't see all of the information without moving the screen around using the bar at the top.

Is there any way to change this or do I need a bigger moniter?

• 3 weeks later...

--------------------

the tip it's works for me at first time but after i am quit from fm and try again didn't work error and then restart

I've got the same problem, how did you fix it???

Archived