I shout at my laptop like the TV

I have a complaint (mainly from my girlfriend). With the recent addition of the 3D match engine, i have become even more involved with FM. Previous years have seen me frustrated at 11 dots appearing to "steal a living" on the field of play that is Football Manager. BUT FM09 is here and now i have real people to be frustrated at. Just as in real life, i will frequently shout at the players, safe in the knowledge that if they can hear me from behind the TV screen, they sure as hell can hear me from behind the laptop screen. So in all this turmoil of activation problems and complaints and even threads on sueing SI, sanity and relationships are still being strained even more so with the addition of 3D match engine. And as far as im concerned, long may it continue (but dont tell the other half)

• 4 weeks later...
Just as in real life, i will frequently shout at the players, safe in the knowledge that if they can hear me from behind the TV screen

In real life, I go watch football matches, in real life, rather than on a little box in the corner of my room.

For my profile pic, i wore a shirt and tie to make me look like a real manager :D :D . Yeah, sad i know!!

Fantastic! I may do the same as I love the idea

my pic is of me holding the F.A. cup after a tour of wembley, would have been even better if I'd have had my Leeds shirt on!

My girlfriend seems too like me bein stressed and shouting at my PC she tells me she likes me shouting at it im a bit worried lads....

Im starting too enjoy FM again now after giving it some real time and making tactics properly.

my girlfriend wont stop calling the game FHM (For Him Magazine), even though i threatened her with break up, asswhopping, no xxx for several months and so on..

also.. she cant understand how you could get this involved in a computer game... women...

When Bristol City won the League Cup, FA Cup, and a couple of months later the Community Shield I made my non-too-enthusiastic wife pretend to be a reporter and read the reporter bits from the post match screen, and I answered using typical manager speak. She thinks I'm completely bonkers naturally.

When Bristol City won the League Cup, FA Cup, and a couple of months later the Community Shield I made my non-too-enthusiastic wife pretend to be a reporter and read the reporter bits from the post match screen, and I answered using typical manager speak. She thinks I'm completely bonkers naturally.

Listen, I play the game and I think you're completely bonkers! :D

For my profile pic, i wore a shirt and tie to make me look like a real manager :D :D . Yeah, sad i know!!

I should have done that, instead my manager pic is a hallowean picture of me dressed like a jester with black and white face paint on looking pretty drunk. If I was a player I would be scared if the manager came to work as a jester, not sure if it would make me play better or worse though.

Archived