XML parsing error

Hi, I brought the game yesterday, and had all the problems with the authentication, then had the 'unable to load graphics' problem, so downloaded the patch and the directx thing from windows and now I've got a problem where just after it finishes setting up the database, the game closes and comes up with: "XML parsing error: not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1 of Profile0.xml. If you then try to start the game again it comes up with a message saying it is already running. I downloaded the game to an external memory drive rather than the C drive but I'm not sure how this would effect it. Have tried reinstalling twice now but no luck. Please help, I've just about had enough of this game already.

Thanks,

James

iam having exactly the same problem

i have been back to the shop and they said that the server is down and you should try at 9 o'clock tonight. I know quite a few who have it working now though.

football manager as let me down

ill be moving on to fifa manager if this doesnt work

Write down the line you have the problem with, I had 4 yesterday in mine, same as you it said game was running when it wasn't and had to reboot.

I had the same error as you and in the text it said something like portrait steele and some numbers, next was the same but portrait was for whelan. I went in to the editor and found that all the names were for man utd staff, and that a face pack i had downloaded must have a poor configure file. Deleted the whole Man Utd facepack and now it works perfectly. Put it in again and now have the same problem. So it was that.

So i'm guessing that your problem concerns a facepack, logo, background, kit or other graphic you have installed. Find it and delete the whole pack it is in.

Thanks for the help, but I'm still not getting anywhere. I haven't downloaded anything for the game except the patch, so it's not a problem with a facepack or anything like that.

The message I get reads:

"XML parsing error: not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1 of Profile0.xml"

What exactly do I need to delete?
Thanks for the help, but I'm still not getting anywhere. I haven't downloaded anything for the game except the patch, so it's not a problem with a facepack or anything like that.

The message I get reads:

"XML parsing error: not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1 of Profile0.xml"

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=62684

• 2 months later...

reset preferences doesnt work fully as if you take the rest off it will come up again in a few weeks. since release i have been playing with the reset preferences all the time otherwise i will get the parsing error(which is really poor). Your best bet is alway have reset preferences on and then when you load up go to preferences and do what you like with your own game but you must do this everytime you loadup(annoying but i have had no probs)

right, Shalashaska - i have used ur advice and it now works. Previously i was deleted the applauch thing then adding tnhe reset prefernces. It works thanks... BUT.... if i go and play a game then save it, does it save? and if it doesnt, how do i save a game so i can keep playing it?

• 9 months later...

i am getting the exact same problem with XML parsing error: not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1 of Profile0.xml its really starting to annoy me as i have only had the game 3 days lol. i have tried reinstalling and every website i go on seems to give me the solution of fixing fm 2009

PLEASE HELP!!

• 10 months later...

Archived