Too much space between...?

Hello guys...

I want to know, what can/should I do to fix this tactical mistake, that my ass. manager tells me during matches:

- Too much space between defenders and midfielders

- Too much space between midfielders and attackers

I am playing short passes, tempo is around middle, the width is a little less than middle. I have tried these specs with 4-4-2 and 4-4-1-1 having 'often forward runs' for RB, LB, RM, LM, (sometimes) CMr and AMC. Everytime my ass. points out the big gabs. =(

Hope you can help =)

I'm not sure if this is a bug that wasn't fixed from the demo (a purely cosmetic one) or if it's actually tactical. I haven't played the game enough yet.

Try the tactics forum - you might get a more succinct answer there. General Questions seems to be full of people who can't be bothered reading stickies or doing searches at the mo, so it'll be hard to get noticed by anyone who's managed to activate the game.

So can I just get this clear in my head - there should be two notches between who?

Defenders > 2 notches > Midfielders > 2 notches > Attackers

or should it be

Defenders > 2 notches > Def Mids > 2 notches > Mids > 2 notches > Att Mids > 2 Notches > Strikers

Halp :)

So can I just get this clear in my head - there should be two notches between who?

Defenders > 2 notches > Midfielders > 2 notches > Attackers

or should it be

Defenders > 2 notches > Def Mids > 2 notches > Mids > 2 notches > Att Mids > 2 Notches > Strikers

Halp :)

Defenders > 2 notches > Def Mids > 4 notches > Mids > 5/6 notches > Att Mids > 6/7 Notches > Strikers 8/9

what do you mean by 'notches'?

The sliders in the tactics. This was news to me too a few weeks ago when I was reading the tactical forums. I always thought you had Ultra defence, Defence, Normal, Attack and All out attack. But no apparently the nothces in between the words changing actually is a different mentality.

This is prob why I fail so miserably lol, If I want an attacking formation I used to just slide it until it said attacking, now I put a bit more thought into where EXACTLY I leave the slider.

Archived