fm 09 not launching

bought fm 09 this morning. installed that STEAM thingy after an absolute age, gone to my games and clicked on launch game, its gets to almost launched and then nothing happens. anyone experienced similar problems or got any ideas? what happened to just putting in the cd and playing the game. i've been sat here for over an hour. please can someone help

tried it again and it keeps saying the servers are too busy to deal with my request so wont do anything. got no icon anywhere to click on and cant see the run as administrator option anywhere. i know im getting frustrated but it seems pathetic that i have to wait for a server not to busy just to play a game on my own on my pc.

tried it again and it keeps saying the servers are too busy to deal with my request so wont do anything. got no icon anywhere to click on and cant see the run as administrator option anywhere. i know im getting frustrated but it seems pathetic that i have to wait for a server not to busy just to play a game on my own on my pc.

Have you tried creating a fm2009 desktop shortcut? I think i come across this problem at some point last night and when i clicked on the shortcut it worked fine. Might be a coincedence but maybe worth a try.

just tried that. i click on open, a screen comes up listing what my multiplayer cd key is (the one printed in the back of the instructions), i click launch game and it says the servers are too busy. ah well i'll just keep trying i guess. thanks for all your suggestions anyways.

I have not managed to 'launch' the game either. Keep getting message 'FM09 has stopped working'.

I cannot get this game to start!! When I load (and re-load) there is no short cut created. Nothing I do seems to work. Nothing responds: the game simply doesnt start/launch?

I cannot get this game to start!! When I load (and re-load) there is no short cut created. Nothing I do seems to work. Nothing responds: the game simply doesnt start/launch?

Does anyone know how to create a short cut - usually this is automatic!!

Archived