FM 2009 442 Tactic

Used this tactic with Arsenal. After first season, finished runner up in the premiership by two points (took until Feb to settle the tactic and had great record in the big games), lost the champions league semi final to Real Madrid on away goals, and spanked Liverpool in the FA Cup Final 4-0, beating Man Utd and Chelsea along the way. Second season and third season, PL x2, CL x2, FA cup x1. Used in conjunction with high fitness pre season training and thereafter modified tugs training for FM2008. See what you think. Hope it works for you guys....

http://rapidshare.com/files/16468970..._Oct_2009_.tac

cool cheers for the tactic mate ill give it whirl see what happens been trying my trusted tactics i used for both 07 and 08 normaly to great effect but now gettin spanked at every turn despite having the best 11 and subs in league 1 oh well

My assistant manager always says the gap between the def and mid and the mid and att is too big did you just ignore it ?

I think this alone deserves a thread of its own. My assman ALWAYS tells me this no matter the tactic, so currently ignoring it. Wouldn't mind someone shedding some light here though.

I think this alone deserves a thread of its own. My assman ALWAYS tells me this no matter the tactic, so currently ignoring it. Wouldn't mind someone shedding some light here though.

there are several threads on this, about not having more than 2-3 notches of mentality between positions, to close that gap. used to stabilize my defense, after having had too much fo a gap between def and midfield and closing that gap. but between midfield and strikers I have to admit i got some good results, despite that gap

My assistant manager always says the gap between the def and mid and the mid and att is too big did you just ignore it ?

Try to bring the mentality slider for your defenders up a notch or two and the problem should go away.

This Tactic is going great for me. I am Man Utd and really struggling in the league! I think it is due to picking semi professional as manager experience but I am a bit more stable now after not losing since using this tactic in the last 6.

Edit: Only 1 forward ever has a good game, the other forward hardly ever gets involved, I think its the left forward.

This is due to the mentality difference between your defenders and your deepest lying midfielder. The closer they are along the slider the smaller the gap and the further away they are the bigger the gap. It does tend to make a difference, it has for me anyway. Now with the new 3d match engine you can see opposition forwards in space between your back 4 and your midfield. If you have a read of wwfan's thread on frameworks it'll give you a better explanation than I've probably given.

I've tried some other 4-4-2s, including my own creation, which failed miserably. I thought I'd give this a try with a new game at Fiorentina and this is what happened.

fiorentina1fg4.th.jpgthpix.gif

At the beginning of the season there were some issues with team gelling and such, especially as my experience was set to automatic, but once we started to put a good string of results together, we became very hard to beat. We've actually had quite a few lucky breaks, for example beating Juve away on two qick counters despite being completely outplayed. I don't know if it was this tactic or just sheer luck or the team's good form. Anyway, thanks for this tactic, I'm going to try it with other teams too.

sorry for being dumb but how do i use this tactic, i have downloaded it but now what!? i think previously i have put the tactic in the tactics folder (well i think i did i dont use downloaded tactics very often) but as i used steam to authenticate fm i dont seem to have access to anything like that so what do i do?

can anyone tell me on what is going on with the def gap between mid is too big and att gap between mid is too big... WHATS GOING ON...

There is a hint on the can saying set you CB to ultra defensive, but there is no option for that and my CB are on max defensive. THIS IS ONE OF THE THIS THATS GETTING ON MY NERVES...

On a quick note, does anyone have injuries that are over the top... Every match i have at least 2 players injured in 1st half. At one point in the season i had 20 odd first team players out injured had to field a whole reserve team... is anyone getting this problem

its working for me Arsenal team too! Pogrebnyak, Keirrison are rocking the prem up! Ive just signed some Brazilian gem called Rafael Carioca as i sold Denilson for 13mil. Fingers crossed he turns out good. Scouts are saying hes good etc...and this tactic is awsome!

Glad some people having success especially with the Arsenal..... have just done the treble the season after so its working amazingly for me. The key seems to be letting the assistant do most of the press conferences but ignoring his on-field advice. Obviously have good players, training and backroom staff so that helps. Going to try it out with a smaller club now....

Downloaded the tactic and am using it in my athletico file atm, but my problem is the strikers - they never seem to get above a 6.5/6 which is ridiculous, more often than not they're getting 5.9 or below! considering my strikers are aguero (obviously) and vela, this shouldnt be happening!! the defensive side of the tactic is great, defense has been rock solid since settling into the tactic and the method of playing, but it seems to be that i'm being bailed out by defenders scoring from corners or midfielders scoring, my top goal scorer so far is my CM!!

Anyway, my point is does anyone else have this problem?? I've tried every remedy I can think of, from giving them both free roles, to giving one at a time free roles, giving max creative freedom, max attacking mentality, mentality at the team's levels, more forward runs, less forward runs, switch positions etc etc....and it simply isn't working in the slightest!! not in a boastful way, but I know it isn't the team talks because their morale isn't dropping, and simply because I've given them the "wrong" team talk on purpose and watched them play a 4.3...help please! they should both have 20+ goals by now the amount of clear-cut chances they have wasted in matches!!

i had exactly that problem originally but in last season the top three strikers scored 41,27,23 respectively. seemed to solve it with the right training and coaches and i'd add that the first season was the toughest, especially for this problem. average ratings are defo much lower than in 08' which can be misleading. a wins a win !

i had exactly that problem originally but in last season the top three strikers scored 41,27,23 respectively. seemed to solve it with the right training and coaches and i'd add that the first season was the toughest, especially for this problem. average ratings are defo much lower than in 08' which can be misleading. a wins a win !

fingers crossed, the second season works for me too, just coming to end of the first year with it & while you manage to get the win, sometimes it makes me want to throw something in frustration as Aguero or Vela get yet another "How did he manage to miss that?!?!" in the commentary lol. Training and coaching - using my own training schedule that has every important stat for them heading upwards, and 7-star training in all categories. Hopefully it's just the first-season and it will be better next year. Overall, good tactic as you do win, reserving judgement on the goal-scoring front yet tho!

any updates from anyone ? working with newcastle...haven't won the league or anything but finished seventh in league last season and expect higher this season. the new game is more realistic so steady progress, rather than instant unrealistic success as in FM08, is to be expected

Archived