Why does my game keep freezing?

I am playing along nicely then all of a sudden the screen freezes and i can't get it to do anything and have to 'ctrl, alt, delete' to exit the game

Has anyone else had this problem? It's happened 3 times already now

Ok.

What is your graphics card?

To find out this, go to Start >> Run.

And type in dxdiag, when your there. Go to display, then on the left hand side you'll see your graphics card.

Then please paste/write that here. And i'll find the latest graphics card drivers for you. :)

make sure no programs in background are running , make sure your pc as adequate cooling

Background programs always going to be running if you're using Windows. For example:

• Virus checker
  • Firewall
  • Sidebar apps
  • Taskbar programs

Plus if you install with Steam that will be running too. It shouldn't make a difference if other programs are running if you have enough memory. I use CPU intensive 3D programs and they work fine while running with Word and Firefox open. FM should be the same seeing as it is a game for Windows (Note the plural)

Any chance of a Liunx version SI? I know you can do this as Mac OS X is based on a Linux kernal.

The game hasn't been properly tested and is full of bugs, the DRM is a joke as it seems the crack is already out.

What did SI expect to achieve, did they not see the flack that EA got with the Spore DRM??

make sure no programs in background are running , make sure your pc as adequate cooling

Background programs always going to be running if you're using Windows. For example:

• Virus checker
  • Firewall
  • Sidebar apps
  • Taskbar programs

Plus if you install with Steam that will be running too. It shouldn't make a difference if other programs are running if you have enough memory. I use CPU intensive 3D programs and they work fine while running with Word and Firefox open. FM should be the same seeing as it is a game for Windows (Note the plural)

Any chance of a Liunx version SI? I know you can do this as Mac OS X is based on a Linux kernal.

The game hasn't been properly tested and is full of bugs, the DRM is a joke as it seems the crack is already out.

What did SI expect to achieve, did they not see the flack that EA got with the Spore DRM??

Man reasons for the game freezing tha I have experienced is due to playing in ful screen mode and not windowed mode.

Might be an option to try to play in wondowed mode if you ca (via the game preferences) and see if it still freezes.

• 3 months later...

Archived