Linux - FM2009

Just bought a copy of 2009 via Steam...

Works fine on the desktop (Windows) but on the laptop (Linux Mint 5) I can't get past the authentication (the window where it asks you to put in the CD key and click Next)...

Now, the demo worked fine, because it didn't have this (obviously).

Would any developer be willing to assist with getting past this? Surely this authentication window attempts to read an existing instance of the CD key before appearing? Maybe a registry key?

Is there anywhere I can store my CD key so that it will read this and not bring up the auth window?

I'd be very happy to give any developer my CD key if you'd be able to help me get my fix on the move.

I'm completely aware of that. I'm not asking SI to support Linux, I'm asking if anyone knows where the game reads the CD key from when it determines whether to open the activation menu.

I'm getting a very corrupted display of the menu, and the buttons Paste/Next don't show up.

This one:

screenshotsportsinteracdi9.png

I'm not sure why it would be asking for this when we've already activated by Steam. The frustrating thing is that I could bypass this with a few moments googling for a crack, but since I've bought every CM/FM since CM9798 (and in a moment of madness, retroactively buying CM2 to see what it was like) I don't feel like incriminating myself.

• 1 month later...

Archived