Black Loading Screen

ono

I had the trouble with the graphics problem so i downloaded the microsoft update. Now when i try and load the game i just eventually get a black screen with what i presume is a loading ticker. Basically it's an 'L' in the bottom corner with what looks like a speed dial. The dial is flickering like mad but absolutely nothing happens.

Any ideas?

I had the trouble with the graphics problem so i downloaded the microsoft update. Now when i try and load the game i just eventually get a black screen with what i presume is a loading ticker. Basically it's an 'L' in the bottom corner with what looks like a speed dial. The dial is flickering like mad but absolutely nothing happens.

Any ideas?

Download and install this: ( i know you might think you've already done it, but this is a different one )

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&displaylang=en

Mine does exactly the same soo annoyuing! hours going through the first error, finally sort it and now this!, tried downloading the file you said fm08 but it says setup could not download the file, please checknetwork and try again later. This is so annoyuing i just want to play it, is there anything i can do???? thanks 4 any help

Ok cheers mate. I've just give it a whirl and it's saying 'setup could not download the file. Please retry later or check network connections'

Sorry to be a pain, any ideas why it's saying that? It appears to download it, but when i try install it it's displaying the message above.

Cheers again for your help, it's really appreciated.

Ok cheers mate. I've just give it a whirl and it's saying 'setup could not download the file. Please retry later or check network connections'

Sorry to be a pain, any ideas why it's saying that? It appears to download it, but when i try install it it's displaying the message above.

Cheers again for your help, it's really appreciated.

ono mine is doing exactly the same has your problem been fixed m8?

ono mine is doing exactly the same has your problem been fixed m8?

No mate, tried downloading it from a different site....still got the same message.

Suppose we'll have to keep on trying while we wait for somebody to help us. It's so annoying. Thanks to those who are trying to help us though, it's much appreciated.

This is actually beyond farcical. I don't fancy buying a new graphics card just to support a feature that i'm not that fussed about, for a game that i haven't even played yet.

Has anybody got anywhere with this issue?

yeah got the same problem. someone on here recommended me a graphics card so took my comp to a shop cus i wouldnt know how to install it and he said that i cant fit one on my motherboard and i need a whole new one. which il have to fork out around £160 just to play in 3d(which im not that fussed about). its shocking. and if i do have this new motherbaord, what about next years fm? what will i need different then?! why change it? fm08 ran fine.

• Administrators

Make sure you have the 9.10 patch installed, and download this file - http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Make sure your are downloading it with the firefox browser as people have encountered difficulties doing it with Internet Explorer.

Let us know how you get on either way. Thanks.

I have the same problem.I installed it normally and i managed to play about 5 minutes.Then i changed the skin cache option from the preferences and it stuck.I closed it and since then everytime i open the game i see a black loading screen after the loading pictures and right before i would normally see the main menu.I downloaded dxwebsetup.exe but i have the same problem with the other guys.I think its not my graphic card's problem cuz it happened since i changed the skin cache and after all i played the demo without any problem.Does anyone know what to do?Maybe i have to change the skin cache option outside of the game , but how?

Archived