A Thank You to Sports Interactive (and 1,000 posts!)

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I thought I would post something in contrast to a lot of the messages of frustration that are flooding the forum. I don't have anything to say about the activation business apart from this is clearly not the fault of the people who make the game who are just as upset and exasperated as everyone else.

I would just like to write and thank the programming team for their hard work on getting my graphics card to work in FM09.

After playing the demo, I had come to terms with the fact that 3D wasn't going to work on my machine. I reported this to the people at SI but expected that my on-board graphics were the problem.

I can report that, after the patch, I now have the game working in 3D mode and I am absolutely delighted with it. I was originally content to stay with 2D when I thought my system wouldn't support the new 3D view but I am overjoyed at my first sight of the 3D view. The game just got even better!

In addition to this, I have bugged the people at SI endlessly for what might seem like 'trivial' additions to FM09. In particular, regionalised FA Cup qualifying ties, reserve and U18 competitions for Blue Square South sides and a whole bunch of other minor stuff that might not seem too important compared to other aspects of the game but has made all the difference to me (and will do for other players who like starting in at non-League level). I am delighted to find a lot (not all) of the things I have requested are now in FM09. Where possible they have listened to my impassioned pleas and reacted where possible.

My point is that the people at SI love the game as much as we do and all of them will be gutted to read the hysterical comments on this forum. I admit that I am extremely lucky that my installation and activation worked straight away but if it hadn't, I would remain calm and be patient. This is because I know that SI games would be working as hard as they could to sort things out and make it right.

Remaining calm and keeping your posts polite will really help SI. Knee jerk reactions and abuse directed towards SI will just mean that your posts aren't taken seriously by anyone. We, the community, have a really unique relationship with the makers of the game. For how many other products, I wonder, could you raise ideas and make requests that will be taken very seriously? How many other companies have a forum such as this and, indeed, offer such a presence on that forum? Furthermore, what other game offers this kind of value? FM2009 will turn out to be the best FM of the series so far. After playing half a season, I can see that already. It is the only game I play and easily the best of its kind.

So, for my 1,000th post, I would like to finish by thanking SI for another great game.

C.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I thought I would post something in contrast to a lot of the messages of frustration that are flooding the forum. I don't have anything to say about the activation business apart from this is clearly not the fault of the people who make the game who are just as upset and exasperated as everyone else.

I would just like to write and thank the programming team for their hard work on getting my graphics card to work in FM09.

After playing the demo, I had come to terms with the fact that 3D wasn't going to work on my machine. I reported this to the people at SI but expected that my on-board graphics were the problem.

I can report that, after the patch, I now have the game working in 3D mode and I am absolutely delighted with it. I was originally content to stay with 2D when I thought my system wouldn't support the new 3D view but I am overjoyed at my first sight of the 3D view. The game just got even better!

In addition to this, I have bugged the people at SI endlessly for what might seem like 'trivial' additions to FM09. In particular, regionalised FA Cup qualifying ties, reserve and U18 competitions for Blue Square South sides and a whole bunch of other minor stuff that might not seem too important compared to other aspects of the game but has made all the difference to me (and will do for other players who like starting in at non-League level). I am delighted to find a lot (not all) of the things I have requested are now in FM09.

My point is that the people at SI love the game as much as we do and all of them will be gutted to read the hysterical comments on this forum. I admit that I am extremely lucky that my installation and activation worked straight away but if it hadn't, I would remain calm and be patient. This is because I know that SI games would be working as hard as they could to sort things out and make it right.

Remaining calm and keeping your posts polite will really help SI. Knee jerk reactions and abuse directed towards SI will just mean that your posts aren't taken seriously by anyone. We, the community, have a really unique relationship with the makers of the game. For how many other products, I wonder, could you raise ideas and make requests that will be taken very seriously? how many other companies have a forum such as this and, indeed, offer such a presence on that forum? Furthermore, what other game offers this kind of value? FM2009 will turn out to be the best FM of the series so far. After playing half a season, I can see that already. It is the only game I play and easily the best of its kind.

So, for my 1,000th post, I would like to finish by thanking SI for another great game.

C.

Wow how emotional.

Mine's still not working but thats through no fault of SI, i have been in constant contact with the guys at sega and they are sorting out my issues at the moment. I've never met a team as dedicated to customer service. All it took was a few PM's to find out the root of my problem and now they know that it's getting close to being resolved.

Keep calm guys, eventually you will get to play.

Oh and to the guys at SI, i'm sure you're getting pretty annoyed at the idiots on this forum, however if you were ever in doubt of the passionate support of your fans, here it is. What other game release would cause such a stir, regardless of it going a little bit wrong!!!

Thanks to all the support and the endless patience of SEGA and SI!!!! I look forward to hearing the press release of what actually went wrong!!!

That was like a speech from a movie.

You should be a speech writer.

All valid points and I'm glad your 3D is working, I had the same issue and after the patch the problem is gone and I can now watch the games in 3D.

I must admit at first I was dissapointed but I have realised that it was just the "getting to know the new changes" stage and my playing stint yesterday was a solid 13 hour stint, which I havent had on a FM since 06, so I have caught the bug and now I've settled into the game and am loving it even though my team are mid-table in the Scottish 3rd Division and likely to stay there.

All the issues aside I agree that this years is turning out to be fantastic and I'll add my thanks to SI for developing such a great game.

I agree totally too. This will be the Greatest FM ever and like I have mentioned in a couple of other posts, those with problems now activating etc ... please stick with it. Your efforts will be rewarded. SI and Sega are obviously doing all they can. Like many people have said already, how many other large companies would be active on a community forum board let alone very late into the night and even more so with those being active including the top people in the companies. Well done SI, well done Sega ..... you do not deserve the abuse you have received but I am sure the people giving it are just frustrated now and once they are playing will realise they were hasty and you will all receive the praise you deserve.

I think unfortunatly this thread will be swallowed up by the hundreds of other threads complaining.

Yes, you are absolutely right, but it is at least nice to see some people posting their positive experiences.

Got to applaud the comments of mikeseel82. Someone who is having troubles and has still posted positively. Also, because he has remained calm, polite and rational, it sounds as though he is getting lots of help in sorting out his problem. I hope you are playing very soon mikeseel82!

Good post Jeldokic. The true irony is that all of the people posting abuse and drivel, as well as claiming that they are taking their game back, will still be playing FM2009 long after the problems have been sorted out despite 'threatening' otherwise.

They are the first to post about negative things and the last to post how great the actual game is.

I would also like to add,

When the demo came out I had so much trouble with it like a lot of other people and I did complain on threads about it vigourisly and was very close to canceling my order. However I am so glad I didn't all the issues I had were fixed in the patch and that is testament to SI, to be able to address and resolves issues that so many users had on release day is to be applauded but unfortunatly other issues are overshaddowing this.

The game for me has been a bargain, I ordered it off of game and because I redeemed 9000 of my game points I got the game for £7.49, delivered free the day before the release date.

Just thinking about this brings a smile to my face.

I don't know what that means but if it means that I support the FM series and love the game then I plead guilty! :D

Unfortunately no, it means that if someone is beating your head with a big stick, I'd have some issues to say "thank you Sir!";)

Let me guess, you had to buy FM09 to see if it worked? How about those who couldn't get the demo to work as well? Do they have to buy the game just to see if it works? Shambles. Utter shambles.

Not so Evon. :rolleyes:

The game worked regardless, just on the demo I only had a 2D view due to the low specifications of my graphics.

Personally, I was getting the game with or without 3D. It was a bonus to see my graphics supported in the patch.

I certainly didn't have to buy the game to find out whether it would work or not.

Let me guess, you had to buy FM09 to see if it worked? How about those who couldn't get the demo to work as well? Do they have to buy the game just to see if it works? Shambles. Utter shambles.

Of course they don't, The price I got it for (£7.49 )was the main reason I didn't cancel and I took SI at their word that the errors I was experiencing along with everyone would be addressed and fixed.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

In addition to this, I have bugged the people at SI endlessly for what might seem like 'trivial' additions to FM09. In particular, regionalised FA Cup qualifying ties, reserve and U18 competitions for Blue Square South sides and a whole bunch of other minor stuff that might not seem too important compared to other aspects of the game but has made all the difference to me (and will do for other players who like starting in at non-League level). I am delighted to find a lot (not all) of the things I have requested are now in FM09. Where possible they have listened to my impassioned pleas and reacted where possible.

Remaining calm and keeping your posts polite will really help SI. Knee jerk reactions and abuse directed towards SI will just mean that your posts aren't taken seriously by anyone. We, the community, have a really unique relationship with the makers of the game. For how many other products, I wonder, could you raise ideas and make requests that will be taken very seriously? How many other companies have a forum such as this and, indeed, offer such a presence on that forum? Furthermore, what other game offers this kind of value? FM2009 will turn out to be the best FM of the series so far. After playing half a season, I can see that already. It is the only game I play and easily the best of its kind.

C.

Absolutely spot on, good call. I hope SI know how much we appreciate their efforts. It really makes me cross that when people have a problem they cannot be reasonable about it and not resort to abuse.

If only we had more posters like this fine gentleman!

The game is good........but sorry guys no way to treat people who have been buying the game since 1992.

how big is sega,how big is si....and nobody for one moment could see this coming,do they not know how many people are going to buy it on the day it comes out...im sorry but its been **** take our money....sort them out when we can. sorry uncool,just to finish with been on fm09 website no page to say just how sorry they are no that because there down the pub spending our money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The game is clearly great. But the problem is a) quite a few people can't even play the demo and b) most people can't even play the full game because of the ridiculously complicated system put in place. And for what? Not to stop piracy according to this:

Is this going to stop piracy?

No. We expect that eventually the game will be pirated. Unfortunately, piracy is a hard fact in our industry. What we have attempted to do here is create a system by which legal users can get the utmost flexibility to use and play the game in a fair manner. We believe that by putting the hard work into providing a generous 5 computer seat policy and the ability to administer your licenses yourself that most people will not feel the need to pirate the application or put their computers at risk by downloading copies from torrents and will purchase a legitimate copy.

Officially the worst reason ever for implementing a new system. If it's not to stop piracy then how the hell is it going to make the consumer's lives easier? IT ISN'T! I can't even play the game so this doesn't even affect me but I can see why so many people are being ****ed off.

think u are good couse u spammed 1000 posts? ;)

game is already pirated and all work SI made on that issue took 18 hours for them to break up and release it.

i think 2009 is a big upgrade from 2008. 2008 was not better then 2007 exept new roosters and a few new options.

I'm in the same position actually. 3D now works perfectly whereas it didn't work at all on the Demo

Well done SI, all the moaners will shut up once they activate and see just how good FM09 is:thup:

Demo run like a dream.

Full game crashes when going to tactics or from 3d to 2d classic.

I'm a patient type of fella, but disappointed I'm experiencing these issues, especially as the demo was utterly perfect and had nowt problems with it running on my 'powerful and up to date' machine.

think u are good couse u spammed 1000 posts? ;)

game is already pirated and all work SI made on that issue took 18 hours for them to break up and release it.

i think 2009 is a big upgrade from 2008. 2008 was not better then 2007 exept new roosters and a few new options.

Roosters... in FM08, I must have them

I am nearly at 2000 posts :p

Love FM09 and it was always going to be pirated

i was one of the ones swearing and causing a nuisance of myself. it took me 11.5 hours to get the game running,but,now it is working it is a fantastic version.so i would like to apologise now for my previous outbursts.thank you and sorry si.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

C.

I am Bath in the BSS league, did they manage to fix the fact that there is no reserve or U18 league? Is this part of the patch that has been released?

Good post by the way.:)

I agree. Got 2d working perfectly. Loving it and don't give two flying monkeys about 3d.

If I want 3d, I'll play Pro Ev on my PS3.

Football Manager is supposed to be about attention to detail, not flashy graphics. I think SI will admit they got it wrong on this occasion, and maybe the demand for 3d wasn't quite as substantial as the forums suggested.

But loving your work SI. You've got my vote (& money!!)

Hi guys,

Congratulations on your 1,000 posts, and good to see someone giving SI the credit they deseve.

I was just wondering, is there anybody out there that likes the 2D more than the 3D ? Well, anyone except me ? .... I find the 3D to be quite 'jumpy' whereas the 2D is more than adequate.

Archived