People that are finding ways around their problems please read.

I have the unable to loads graphics message or whatever, then patched the game to see if it fixed the problem, but what a surprise it hasn't.

Has anybody managed to find a way around the graphics error problem????

Having lots of really nasty feelings right now about this whole situation, but will keep them to myself... for now.

I have the unable to loads graphics message or whatever, then patched the game to see if it fixed the problem, but what a surprise it hasn't.

Has anybody managed to find a way around the graphics error problem????

Having lots of really nasty feelings right now about this whole situation, but will keep them to myself... for now.

What graphics card do you have?

I dont know, my computers only a few years old, so this 100% should not be a problem.

There were tonnes of people complaining of the same issues yesterday so i know its not my computer.

Nobodys complaining about it today as they were yesterday so i figured people must have answers, and i need answers!! :(

I dont know, my computers only a few years old, so this 100% should not be a problem.

There were tonnes of people complaining of the same issues yesterday so i know its not my computer.

Nobodys complaining about it today as they were yesterday so i figured people must have answers, and i need answers!! :(

Parky - We need more info to help. As was previously asked, what graphic card / chipset do you have? Have you downloaded the patch?

Ok. Go to Start. Then Run, then type in dxdiag. And press Ok.

Then go into the tab called Display, on the left hand side. You'll see your graphics card info.

Please copy this, thanks.

Parky - We need more info to help. As was previously asked, what graphic card / chipset do you have? Have you downloaded the patch?

I know its not as much info as you probably need but i dont have a clue what graphics card and really shouldnt have to find out, my system is 2 years old, and cost me a fair amount of money, its only FM for gods sake its funny how i can run Medal of Honor and COD without any problems whatsoever!

Sorry that wasn't very helpful, but SOOO many people were complaining about the exact same problem yesterday its obviously a general problem, but no longer do, im pretty sure all those people do not have really old/cheap computers with incompatible graphics cards!

Im just looking for answers from people who had this problem, but no longer do and are happily playing their game, there must be an explanation....?

Ok. Go to Start. Then Run, then type in dxdiag. And press Ok.

Then go into the tab called Display, on the left hand side. You'll see your graphics card info.

Please copy this, thanks.

INTEL® 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV graphics controller.

Theres more info. there but it wont let me copy and paste

The 82845G is below the minimum Intel card specification.

In the dxdiag interface click 'Save all information' or words to that effect. This will save it as a text file called DxDiag by default. Open that text file then cut and paste what is listed from the beginning as far as everything under Display Devices heading.

I would suggest updating your drivers to see if that helps.

---------------

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: Intel® 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller

Manufacturer: Intel Corporation

Chip type: Intel® 82845G Graphics Controller

DAC type: Internal

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2562&SUBSYS_2010107B&REV_03

Display Memory: 64.0 MB

Current Mode: 1152 x 864 (32 bit) (75Hz)

Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor

Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200

Driver Name: ialmrnt5.dll

Driver Version: 6.14.0010.3722 (English)

DDI Version: 9 (or higher)

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

Driver Date/Size: 1/30/2004 09:13:06, 36927 bytes

WHQL Logo'd: Yes

WHQL Date Stamp: n/a

VDD: n/a

Mini VDD: ialmnt5.sys

Mini VDD Date: 1/30/2004 09:13:06, 95579 bytes

Device Identifier: {D7B78E66-6622-11CF-417D-1A00A2C2CB35}

Vendor ID: 0x8086

Device ID: 0x2562

SubSys ID: 0x2010107B

Revision ID: 0x0003

Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_B ModeMPEG2_C ModeMPEG2_D

Deinterlace Caps: {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch

{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC4,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch

Registry: OK

DDraw Status: Enabled

D3D Status: Enabled

AGP Status: Enabled

DDraw Test Result: Not run

D3D7 Test Result: Not run

D3D8 Test Result: Not run

D3D9 Test Result: Not run

Ha ha that is all complete jargon to me, hope somebody can help.

I dont see why i have to update my graphics so your basically saying i have to spend a fortune just to play my favourite game that i have been playing without problems for 7 years.

It worked for 08 i dont see why it wont work now, i dont give a sh*t about playing in 3D all i want to do is sit down at my computer and play my game, no questions asked.

Whoevers fault it is for creating all these problems for everyone who have paid good money for this game needs hand over their P45

---------------

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: Intel® 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller

Manufacturer: Intel Corporation

Chip type: Intel® 82845G Graphics Controller

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2562&SUBSYS_2010107B&REV_03

Current Mode: 1152 x 864 (32 bit) (75Hz)

Driver Name: ialmrnt5.dll

Driver Version: 6.14.0010.3722 (English)

Driver Date/Size: 1/30/2004 09:13:06, 36927 bytes

Mini VDD: ialmnt5.sys

Mini VDD Date: 1/30/2004 09:13:06, 95579 bytes

Device Identifier: {D7B78E66-6622-11CF-417D-1A00A2C2CB35}

Vendor ID: 0x8086

Device ID: 0x2562

SubSys ID: 0x2010107B

Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_B ModeMPEG2_C ModeMPEG2_D

Deinterlace Caps: {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch

{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC4,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch

Registry: OK

DDraw Status: Enabled

D3D Status: Enabled

AGP Status: Enabled

DDraw Test Result: Not run

D3D7 Test Result: Not run

D3D8 Test Result: Not run

D3D9 Test Result: Not run

Ha ha that is all complete jargon to me, hope somebody can help.

I dont see why i have to update my graphics so your basically saying i have to spend a fortune just to play my favourite game that i have been playing without problems for 7 years.

It worked for 08 i dont see why it wont work now, i dont give a sh*t about playing in 3D all i want to do is sit down at my computer and play my game, no questions asked.

Whoevers fault it is for creating all these problems for everyone who have paid good money for this game needs hand over their P45

Mate. Thats not a graphics card, its a graphics accelerator. Therefore, it probably won't run FM2009. I'd get a new graphics card. A Ati Radeon 3850 would be fine.

I DONT WANT TO! there will be absolutely tonnes of people who have worse systems than me that are happily playing the game. Its not acceptable that the the game needs far better graphics cards to run than last years game. I only use my computer for FM i do not expect to have to go out and buy new components ontop of my £35 game to play something that has been like clockwork in my house for 7 years.

I probably just pasted the wrong information, but again, a sh*t load of people had the same problem and were complaining about it yesterday, and now they arent, i doubt they all went running out to buy a brand new graphics card as soon as they encountered some issues!!!!

Here's the minimum system requirements:

OS - Windows Vista or XP

Processor Speed - Vista - 2.0GHz, XP - 1.4GHz

Memory - Vista - 1GB, XP - 512MB

Videocard - 128MB Nvidia FX 5900 Ultra, ATI Radeon 9800, Intel 82915G/82910GL or greater

Your card, Intel® 82845G, is below the minimum.

If you want to learn something new google 'dxdiag' or 'how to read a dxdiag' or something to that effect.

Otherwise just go to your system manufacturer's website and look for a new graphics card driver as yours is 4 years old. See if that makes a difference. It probably won't as others have posted about the same card having issues with the latest drivers installed.

Seen reports of lower spec machines (see next to Display Memory it syas 64 MB, the FM 09 minimum spec is listed as 128MB) working after installing the latest DirectX End User Runtimes. So go here

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=886ACB56-C91A-4A8E-8BB8-9F20F1244A8E&displaylang=en

download the file and run it to install. That theroretically should work as it installs all of the end user directx files. If for whatever reason it doesn't then go here and download

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=5493F76A-6D37-478D-BA17-28B1CCA4865A&displaylang=en

as others have reported this installing being a definite fix (although others have reported error messages with it, the message being s1010. If anyone is familiar with this please post in here).

As for 08 working but not this, it's the nature of PC gaming. For those of us who only play one game on our laptops/PCs and the specs do what we use them primarily for, the clock is ticking I'm afraid.

I DONT WANT TO! there will be absolutely tonnes of people who have worse systems than me that are happily playing the game. Its not acceptable that the the game needs far better graphics cards to run than last years game. I only use my computer for FM i do not expect to have to go out and buy new components ontop of my £35 game to play something that has been like clockwork in my house for 7 years.

I probably just pasted the wrong information, but again, a sh*t load of people had the same problem and were complaining about it yesterday, and now they arent, i doubt they all went running out to buy a brand new graphics card as soon as they encountered some issues!!!!

Most systems now a days, have a graphics card. Even laptops do.

You could even buy a £20 graphics card, and FM2009 would run.

Most systems now a days, have a graphics card. Even laptops do.

You could even buy a £20 graphics card, and FM2009 would run.

And you think this would solve the problem? Im willing to do that, reluctantly, but im just not happy if i have to fork out like 50 quid just to play FM, i dont even want the 3D match engine, so if you take that out, how is this years installment at all different to last years, when it worked fine?

That ******** of people either

(a) gave up

(b) are still in bed

or

© did a search to see if a solution had been found instead of starting their own thread so that some idiot like myself would do the work for them

I DONT WANT TO! there will be absolutely tonnes of people who have worse systems than me that are happily playing the game. Its not acceptable that the the game needs far better graphics cards to run than last years game.

All games have minimum specs to work properly. If your system is below that, then it is not the responsibility of the manufacturer but yours to make sure that you have those minimum requirements. The minimum specifications will generally increase year-on-year to match the current state of technology. If they didn't we'd still be playing on Spectrums.

Anyone fancy having a look at mine?

---------------

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: SiS Mirage Graphics

Manufacturer: SiS

Chip type: SiS 661

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1039&DEV_6330&SUBSYS_E0121631&REV_00

Current Mode: 1280 x 1024 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Driver Name: SiSGRV.dll

Driver Version: 6.14.0010.3730 (English)

Driver Date/Size: 3/9/2006 20:30:40, 1868800 bytes

Mini VDD: sisgrp.sys

Mini VDD Date: 3/9/2006 20:26:14, 245248 bytes

Device Identifier: {D7B71ED9-2070-11CF-137B-18C0A1C2CB35}

Vendor ID: 0x1039

Device ID: 0x6330

SubSys ID: 0xE0121631