Fm 2009 mac loading issues

Installation is complete and them when i start the game i get a black screen, the cursor turns to the football for a mo and then all i get is a grey screen and no sound of loading.

Can anyone tell me what the prob is? I've got a 3 yr old iMAC with OSX which seems to have enough memory

Thanks

The main problem will be that the game was made and tested only for high spec macs:

Intel processor and OSX Leopard and at least Radeon1600 graphic card

Without posting the specs of your macintosh, including graphic card and OSX they can't look into those issues.

For the specs information click on the apple.

A lot of people are posting in different threads expecting Macs that are three years older and more to run this game. Unless you r old machine is a MacPro and you have upgraded the graphics card and OS, you are going to be disappointed.

That's not SI's fault. I wouldn't expect a three year old PC to do too well either unless it had been upgraded along the way.

Computers don't age well. Macs keep going for years, but their specs fall further and further behind the industry standard.

A lot of people are posting in different threads expecting Macs that are three years older and more to run this game. Unless you r old machine is a MacPro and you have upgraded the graphics card and OS, you are going to be disappointed.

That's not SI's fault. I wouldn't expect a three year old PC to do too well either unless it had been upgraded along the way.

Computers don't age well. Macs keep going for years, but their specs fall further and further behind the industry standard.

but thats the bit that i find a bit funny.

Firstly FM has always run albeit slowly on older macs..

Secondly and more importantly, the fact that the game even opens on a ppc mac means that SI have put time into making it a universal application rather than an intel only... So why do that then not support it or make it work properly?

Archived