2D Pitch SOMETIMES Freezes?

Well, this has only happened 3 times, but it's getting frustrating. ONLY on the 2D engine, the match suddenly freezes. NOT the whole game, I can still move the curser and such. JUST the 2D engine. The first 2 times, I had to reboot the PSP, but the other time I left it for a bit and it fixed itself. Help?

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with the 2D pitch freezing. Could you provide us with a little bit more detail so we can take a look at this and try and reproduce it? For example, what was happening in the highlight when the 2D pitch freezes? If you leave the PSP running does the highlight eventually 'cut out' and the game continue as normal?

Thanks for the quickness Glenn.

Basically, the first time all it said down the bottom was 'Berbatov passes into the middle', then froze, and the other two were the ref running over to give a penalty.

For one, the game continued as normal after about 10-15 seconds, for the other two, after at least a minute, i was forced to turn the game off because I realised it wouldn't start again:)

Glenn quick question (or any SI guy for that matter). Is it actually possible to create a patch for the PSP version? Meaning has Sony got some rule to not allow patches or would it be too difficult etc.? I'm just curious, as FMH has never suffered from any major drawbacks like massive injury tolls like its PC cousin (although it is a much simpler game) and as a result have never seen any patches updating FMH versions.

Richie - thanks for the info, I'll take a look on Monday when I'm back in the office. If this happens again be sure to let us know so that we can try and isolate what is causing this to happen in the rare cases that you've reported.

Paris Hilton's Lover - as far as I'm aware it isn't possible to patch a PSP game.

• SI Staff
On my game normally the defender will give the ball away and the keeper will stand still and let the player score! This has happened a few times now and it is really annoying!

Out of interest what level (division) are you playing at and which players are normally the culprits?

Richie - thanks for the info, I'll take a look on Monday when I'm back in the office. If this happens again be sure to let us know so that we can try and isolate what is causing this to happen in the rare cases that you've reported.

Paris Hilton's Lover - as far as I'm aware it isn't possible to patch a PSP game.

I believe it is.

Killzone Liberation & SOCOM US Navy Seals Fireteam Bravo 2 had patches added (for extra single player levels and improved online play respectively)

Out of interest what level (division) are you playing at and which players are normally the culprits?

Marc, FYI, I've also have it happened a couple times playing as Real Madriad. It was a goal kick, I believe. My keeper kicks the ball up straight to the other team forward. He then stands at the corner of the 6 yard box and watch the forward runs from the halfway line to the edge of the box before putting it into the goal.

May I also add that the marking system is not realistic at times. I often see my midfielders (playing 4-3-3) line up across the middle when the attacking players were all behind them outnumbering my def 6-7 to 4. None of them drop back to help out.

• SI Staff
this happens to me 2, its dodgy, it will freeze and i can still move the cursor and the like just the match freezing, even after i tap PLAY and PAUSE numerous times its still frozen only way i get it working is by flicking the psp power switch and putting the psp to sleep and then turning it on again. :(

If that happens again can you leave the match 'as is' - ie. don't pause it and wait 20-30 seconds, I've only seen this inhouse once since release and it unfroze itself if left for a short while, we're looking into what the cause is.

just happened again, my DC had ran half the pitch got to the by line it said he was taking it around the keeper and then it froze next minute they are kicking off and he had scored even though he was quite a bit away from the goal

We're still investigating inhouse with regards to these match freezes - it is taking us quite a lot of time to first of all get a freeze (due to how rare they are) and then try and track what is causing it ... one thing I will ensure we investigate is if there are workarounds that will let you carry on without needing a restart - we're fairly confident that just leaving the freeze (ie don't press any buttons on the PSP) will solve it and the match will continue without you needing to restart your PSP. I'll be chasing this down tomorrow and hopefully my theory will be proven correct - in the mean time I'd suggest everyone tries this theory out and sees if it helps.

hi there

this has happened to me three times too. in one instance i was managing roma, and away at sampdoria. with only italian league selected. they scored, and their players ran off to the "crowd" but then it stopped. so i would click on something else to take the pitch away, stats etc... and then go back to pitch, and they'd move a couple of pixels, and the textbar remained constant.

i tried clicking on several things and persevered but they did not return upfied or the highlight cease. i powered off, and didnt mind as it was the first match since switching it back on after a save.

the other two times this has happened has been highlight related also and not recoverable.

ive been playing about a season n a half a day since 09 came out. I can tell u it happens quite alot, but as u say u jus leave it and it continues. Another thing that happens is the postions of players. Sumtimes u can have every player at one end ov the pitcth apart from a striker n the keeper n instead ov shooting the striker will pass it to the other end of the pitch if that makes sense lol. Also offsides never get caught.

I've got this reproduced inhouse now and have had a chance to look at potential workarounds. There are two:

1) Don't press any buttons on your PSP. The highlight will eventually time out and you can carry on as normal.

2) If you do press any buttons - I got the game going again by doing as posted by GloryGloryManUtd - again, the highlight will eventually time out.

In short, this is something that shouldn't be happening and we'll improve upon in the future but on the positive side you can ensure you don't have to restart your PSP to carry on your game if you follow the above workarounds.

Teehee...I had no problems with the 2D pitch until earlier, when something absurd happened. 2D pitch and commentary REALLY didn't match up:

In text: Ronaldo takes penalty, saved by Begovic, but the rebound falls to Hargreaves...GOAL FOR MAN UTD

In 2D: Ronaldo hits penalty which Begovic appears to catch comfortably, and the keeper walks to the edge of the box...then keeps walking OUTSIDE the box...then unloads a monster from about 10 yards outside his box into the top right of Akinfeev's goals at the other end of the pitch!!! GOAL FOR MAN UTD

Went down as a goal to Hargreaves as per the text commentary

Archived