Complete shambles

Miles, this is probably the worst EVER launch of a computer game I've come across.

I bought a game yesterday at 3pm. It's 8.30am and I still can't crack the ****ing code to play the bloody thing. So I think I'll be giving up, getting my £28 back, and finding another, cheaper way to play the game.

I couldn't get through to the phoneline to activate at all last night. Tried this morning and after entering 3 sixteen digit codes in a ****ing Yank automated phone system it says my game can't be activated and hangs up. Repeat x3.

Getting a bit bored now to be honest. So send me a PM with how to crack this game so I can play it legally please.

Oh and not one of my friends who has bought the game that doesn't visit these forums has been able to start a game.

You joined the Facebook group yet btw? And I hope Shortlist get in touch for a follow up to last week's article? I know you won't reply cos you're probably really comfy in your MASSIVE chair, but have a great weekend. I'll wait til Christmas Day to post the crack link ;)

Miles, this is probably the worst EVER launch of a computer game I've come across.

I bought a game yesterday at 3pm. It's 8.30am and I still can't crack the ****ing code to play the bloody thing. So I think I'll be giving up, getting my £28 back, and finding another, cheaper way to play the game.

I couldn't get through to the phoneline to activate at all last night. Tried this morning and after entering 3 sixteen digit codes in a ****ing Yank automated phone system it says my game can't be activated and hangs up. Repeat x3.

Getting a bit bored now to be honest. So send me a PM with how to crack this game so I can play it legally please.

Oh and not one of my friends who has bought the game that doesn't visit these forums has been able to start a game.

You joined the Facebook group yet btw? And I hope Shortlist get in touch for a follow up to last week's article? I know you won't reply cos you're probably really comfy in your MASSIVE chair, but have a great weekend. I'll wait til Christmas Day to post the crack link ;)

Have a read of Spore and other games released on Steam a few years ago, its not the worst as you'll see

Yep some SI / Sega grovelling required. However temper your frustration against the game play..... you wont forget these problems but you will get over it

Come on launch the game....

i can't get my activation to work, so i can't even play it. it's a joke.

This is what I did

1. Downloaded the patch off hosting site

2. Tried to install FM09 and despite having the software on the DV it insisted on a 4.5 hour download

3. Ran the patch loader and installed patch

4. Run the game and spent all yesterday failing with the activation key. I had 3 zeroes / Oh's so had to try a few combinations. In the end I gave up

5. Ran game today and activation worked fine

I can't say this is a solution, just that this worked for me

• SI Staff
so the fix is to "try again tomorrow"?

I'll try again after the rugby this afternoon and again tonight, then once more tomorrow. If it doesn't work then it'll be going back to the shops on Monday

No, I've got emails flying out of my mailbox to get these issues sorted today.

so the fix is to "try again tomorrow"?

I'll try again after the rugby this afternoon and again tonight, then once more tomorrow. If it doesn't work then it'll be going back to the shops on Monday

On Friday the servers were just to overloaded - I think your activation should work today.

First of all as suggested above get your activation key checked to ensure you have this right

It should be OK now

I share your frustration , there are a lot of lessons to be learnt here

Archived