Fm.exe Application problems!

This is beyond ridiculous, i must have tried over 100 times now. please please help! installed game, tried adding activation key doesnt work, says unablle to connect to internet error [ - 1003

also confirmed pincode on your 'find keycode' ????

This is beyond ridiculous, i must have tried over 100 times now. please please help! installed game, tried adding activation key doesnt work, says unablle to connect to internet error [ - 1003

also confirmed pincode on your 'find keycode' ????

That error is received when the activation server is down I believe. The only thing I can advise is to try again later. SI and Sega will be releasing a statement about the problems people have been experiencing later.

I have installed on steam but now it wont launch can anyone help please

Can you provide more detail for my sleep deprived brain to work with please? Does it just do nothing? Is it running in Task Manager/Processes? Have you tried rebooting (PCs are odd beasts sometimes)?

I too am getting the 'failed to initialize...' error. I've downloaded DotNet 2.0 but to be honest, have no clue about what destination it needs saving to or any of the inevitably complicated technicalities.

Please, please, please can some boffin come to my aid? This is truly driving me to distraction and as things stand is a total waste of £30 i could scarcely afford in the first place.

Thanks.

Right...i've downloaded dotnet 2.0 and still getting no joy whatsoever. It doesn't even seem to be trying, the error comes up almost instantaneosly after double-clicking the fm09 icon.

Any suggestions will be received with enormous gratitude, this is really getting my goat. There's a nagging doubt that i've just downloaded i to the wrong folder but perhaps i'm clutching at straws; seems that i'll be taking it back to the shop - been faffing for two days now. Bit of a heartbreaker.

yep i know how you feel my friend, i bought the game at 9:15 on friday and installed it and managed to play 3 games of it and now i cant get into it it keeps saying Football manager 2009 is already running (which its not) and then im getting 5 errors xml line 17 errors, its not sorted by Tuesday im tking it back and buying 08 at least i could play that!

• 1 month later...

I can't play the game due to an XML parsing error

If you have a shortcut on your desktop you can do the following:

• Right-click on the FM shortcut.
  • Choose "Properties" from the pop-up menu.
  • In the "Target" field, add the --reset_preferences command line option after "fm.exe", so it should look like this:
    "C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\fm.exe" --reset_preferences
  • Press OK and then try to run the game as normal, using the shortcut.

You'll want to remove the command after you run the game, as otherwise it will continue to reset your preferences every time you launch.

If you don't have a shortcut you can make one and then perform the instructions on the shortcut you've made.

• If you purchased and installed the game through Steam you should be able to find the fm.exe in the following directory:
    C:/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/Common/Football Manager 2009/
  • If you purchased and installed the game from a boxed DVD copy you should be able to find the fm.exe in the following directory:
    C:/Program Files/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009/

Try that?

Archived