Activation for Demo??

BDW

I recently downloaded the demo for Football Manager 2009, and it didn't work. So I've just downloaded the patch and its telling me that my trial period has ended and I must enter an activation code.

Well, I haven't got one as it's the demo. What can I do?

I recently downloaded the demo for Football Manager 2009, and it didn't work. So I've just downloaded the patch and its telling me that my trial period has ended and I must enter an activation code.

Well, I haven't got one as it's the demo. What can I do?

The patch does not apply to the demo, only the full game.

By patching the demo, you overwrite the demo exe with the full-game exe which has the DRM included in it. As such running the exe after patch will run the DRM as well, requiring you to activate.

The patch does not apply to the demo, only the full game.

By patching the demo, you overwrite the demo exe with the full-game exe which has the DRM included in it. As such running the exe after patch will run the DRM as well, requiring you to activate.

Thanks. So, how can I find out if the full game will work before buying it if my demo doesn't work. My computer fits all the specs but it doesn't work. I'm having the same problem as most people when it says "Windows has encountered a problem and has had to close" before it even loaded.

Archived