miles i want you personally to read this

and have the guts to respond, something you have hardly done yesterday/today.

the phone line which i have been trying since 11 am yesterday still doesnt work so i decided to try activating on my old laptop through uniloc, this worked however this laptop is far too slow to play fm so i put the disc into the other computer that i have been trying to activate it on and it still wants activation?

help please?

Of course it does. You have to activate it on each computer you install on, that's the point. It activates the software on your computer, not on the CD.

Maybe, just maybe, Miles isn't here answering everybody's abuse of him because he's trying to fix the problems?

And he's going to respond to abuse, because?

Why should he? He helped make a successful game, that has problems, but problems they are trying to fix. Give them a chance and have some patience and understanding.

And he's going to respond to abuse, because?

Why should he? He helped make a successful game, that has problems, but problems they are trying to fix. Give them a chance and have some patience and understanding.

load of rubbish.

Now while i've got mine working, you are missing the point. This lad puchased a game that he cannot play through no fault of his own, so why should he have some patience and be understanding.

Do you think the SI and Sega would have the same patience and understanding if the game worked but the lad said he would pay them in a couple of days.

No one who has purchased the game should have to give them a chance, the should have worked the moment it was put in the PC, now while over the years it is possible to get a copy that doesnt work (that's just tough), what happened yesterday was inacceptable and even more now that 24 hours after people have paid their hard earned cash it still doesnt work for people.

Now while I expect SI to be working on the problem and also ****ed off, it makes no different to the current possibly 1000's of people who cannot play the game they have paid for.

I do think that this could be the death of FM as many people where debating about buying this game anyway and I think this may have put them off but also caused problems for next year as many will just not bother.

load of rubbish.

Now while i've got mine working, you are missing the point. This lad puchased a game that he cannot play through no fault of his own, so why should he have some patience and be understanding.

Do you think the SI and Sega would have the same patience and understanding if the game worked but the lad said he would pay them in a couple of days.

No one who has purchased the game should have to give them a chance, the should have worked the moment it was put in the PC, now while over the years it is possible to get a copy that doesnt work (that's just tough), what happened yesterday was inacceptable and even more now that 24 hours after people have paid their hard earned cash it still doesnt work for people.

Now while I expect SI to be working on the problem and also ****ed off, it makes no different to the current possibly 1000's of people who cannot play the game they have paid for.

I do think that this could be the death of FM as many people where debating about buying this game anyway and I think this may have put them off but also caused problems for next year as many will just not bother.

You read way too much into the importance of these forums. The few disgruntled voices on the forums are always in the minority. In a week they will have disappeared and will be playing another great FM game. This version will break sales records, as have all prevous releases, "the death of SI", honestly. Get a grip.

People would see the responses that the SI guys have posted if they didn't keep posting new threads on the same subject and knocking the official replies down the further down the forum.

200 threads on the same subject is not helping anyone. Do you really expect an an official response in every thread and for the same guys to be working on the solution simultaneously?

You read way too much into the importance of these forums. The few disgruntled voices on the forums are always in the minority. In a week they will have disappeared and will be playing another great FM game. This version will break sales records, as have all prevous releases, "the death of SI", honestly. Get a grip.

A few????????????

Your taking the **** right?

And of course it will break the sales record as most people purchased the game yesterday, but then found that they could not play the game at all. People who took time of work and people who handed over hard earned cash.

I've played these games since time began and have spent countless hours loving every minute of these games but I really for the life of me cannot understand how anyone can defend the company who created the game this time.

People still cannot play the game but I guess for the SI lovers out there, that is acceptable.

• SI Staff
A few????????????

And of course it will break the sales record as most people purchased the game yesterday, but then found that they could not play the game at all. People who took time of work and people who handed over hard earned cash.

I've played these games since time began and have spent countless hours loving every minute of these games but I really for the life of me cannot understand how anyone can defend the company who created the game this time.

People still cannot play the game but I guess for the SI lovers out there, that is acceptable.

It's unacceptable! I can't say that enough on these forums.

What I would like to see is a little more balance from posters. There was some issues yesterday and a few today that need ironing out. However we will get them sorted. There might be some people with hardware that can't run the game. We can sort that out too.

I guess what I'm asking for is a little bit of patience from some of you - you will be able to get your 'fix' shorly.

Robbie, I work in Customer Service/Tech Support. Someone calling and giving me that phrase would get about 10 seconds to apologize or be disconnected and blacklisted.

The fact that you are experiencing a problem (which in all likeliness is going to be fixed within a reasonable amount of time) does not give you an excuse whatsoever for being rude. End of story.

What I would like to see is a little more balance from posters. There was some issues yesterday and a few today that need ironing out. However we will get them sorted. There might be some people with hardware that can't run the game. We can sort that out too.

I guess what I'm asking for is a little bit of patience from some of you - you will be able to get your 'fix' shorly.

OK Marc, I understand I guess i was just really annoyed yesterday (you would think at my age, i would be okay with it). I only buy one game a year and it's this one and it's the only game I play. I even only update my lap top in order to play the game so yesterday was awful.

Again sorry if I sound like a baby and thanks for all the hard work, you've all no doubt put into sorting this.

A few????????????

If you have played the game since the beginning you will know not to be so hasty; I guarantee that, a week from now, the majority of people that have experienced problems will be playing the game and loving it. Will there still be a VERY SMALL minority experiencing problems? Yes. Will this bring SI to it's knees? No. My point is that it will not "be the death of SI". In a week you will say the same. I would also like to be reading about people's opinion of the game and not trawling through pages of moans (that SI have responded to by the way) about exactly the same activation problems. Gain some perspective and don't make sweeping judgements too quickly.

In all reality the number of individual posters is far in the minority of people who would have brought the game, some have posted the exact same thing in more than one thread, I have no doubt there are some who have created more than one account to say very similar things, in a slightly different way.

It does tend to show that loyalty is low amongst some "fans" tho, I had problems yesterday too, I had been waiting 11 hours total before I could the game but I had faith and patience that SI would fix the problem eventually and for the majority they have done just that.

Marc - There is positive threads around, it seems most of the them have been lost and/or locked tho.

If you have played the game since the beginning you will know not to be so hasty; I guarantee that, a week from now, the majority of people that have experienced problems will be playing the game and loving it. Will there still be a VERY SMALL minority experiencing problems? Yes. Will this bring SI to it's knees? No. My point is that it will not "be the death of SI". In a week you will say the same. I would also like to be reading about people's opinion of the game and not trawling through pages of moans (that SI have responded to by the way) about exactly the same activation problems. Gain some perspective and don't make sweeping judgements too quickly.

Fair enough and once I get cracking with the game today, I will more than likely forget about yesterday, but while the comment about the death of SI may have been over the top, I do think that people wont forget what happened and it may well put them off buying the game.

I wasnt going to buy this game and was going to stick to 08 (as I have a nice little tactic that works) but yesterday found myself once more as i've done every time a new game has come out since 1992, getting the game. So guess I was still a little angry this morning, despite just winning 2-0.

So sorry about the death of SI comment and of course as someone who loves the games, i hope this is not the case but I do think this will have damaged them.

I tend not to post much on these forums due to their bi-polar nature, i.e there seems to be a massive majority of fanboys who think SI can do no wrong and haters who just want to take out the fact they have empty lives and were bullied at school out on SI.

SI & Sega have made a mistake, a very big one if you ask me, hopefully they will learn from it though. I realise the deal with Steam has probably earned them a fair bit of cash but for me it's just not what I want when I buy a game. I want to put the disc in the drive then have a couple of icons appear on my desktop which say FM09 and FM09 editor. I don't want to have to go searching through Steamapps or whatever it is every time I want to find the data editor, and I don't want to have to have Steam always running as it's a bit of a bugger on the processor of a pc that is coming to the end of it's useful life.

I also don't want to have to phone some bloody telephone line to activate my game but if I have to I want the damn thing to work. Yes there have been problems with the launch and they are not as minor as just teething troubles, they also aren't the disaster that other people are making out. I would hope that the FM09 team are very unhappy indeed about the situation and are working hard to resolve it and come up with a better system for next year, I would also hope that the people who are seemingly having nervous breakdowns about not being able to play a computer game are using this time away from the screen to do something constructive like getting a life.

Fair enough and once I get cracking with the game today, I will more than likely forget about yesterday, but while the comment about the death of SI may have been over the top, I do think that people wont forget what happened and it may well put them off buying the game.

I wasnt going to buy this game and was going to stick to 08 (as I have a nice little tactic that works) but yesterday found myself once more as i've done every time a new game has come out since 1992, getting the game. So guess I was still a little angry this morning, despite just winning 2-0.

So sorry about the death of SI comment and of course as someone who loves the games, i hope this is not the case but I do think this will have damaged them.

Well said. You've hit the nail on the head, you thought about not buying it and... you bought it. This is probably because you know SI will be reliable in the end. How are you finding the game?

Have read a lot of whinging posts from all sorts over the last day, and I was ****ed off myself as well yesterday, but the way some people have gone on you'd swear it was a life or death situation. The pomposity of some people to just log on to a forum and expect an immediate answer from the main man.

The way I see it is if it wasn't for SI there wouldn't be a FM game, plenty of other developers have tried their hand it and have fallen way short. I don't like the way they've gone about their release process but can't understand the need for all the wailing about "hard earned cash". Anyone that's bought this game isn't quite on the bread line.

To those whose lives are "ruined" by this absolutely disgraceful fiasco....GET A LIFE.

Well said. You've hit the nail on the head, you thought about not buying it and... you bought it. This is probably because you know SI will be reliable in the end. How are you finding the game?

Still not sure to be honest, but the kids have all gone out so going to get a good session in today. 3d is a little jumpy for me, but that could be the lap top, but if I have to i'll buy another one as i only ever update the PC when this game doesnt work the way it should.

Problem is a always start at the bottom (Blyth) so its hard to win at the best of times, but like i said just won the first game of the season 2-0 which was nice.

I think what the general public ask of games manufacturers and not just SI is that before a game is released it is tested thouroughly in all areas, I tried to raise this with Paul C in a private message but never go a reply. It is simply unacceptable to release a game with so many errors and then expect the buying public to be patient.

Next year spend more time on testing, perhaps evan beta testing as this seems to be very successfull with other games. I think if you had left it another month or two before releasing you would have had a more positive response.

I myself have been able to install the game and patch and been able to play, but there are still many bugs here that even the most useless of games tester should have been able to find.

As you can imagine, yesterday was rather hectic for SI and many of the problems were truly unforseen circumstances. The team are working on the issues as we speak and more and more people are activating their game.

My tip to everyone is take a deep breath, count to 10, and before making a post like this in anger and frustration, make sure you have a good look around the this forum and try all the different ways people have had success in activating the game.

Thank you for your patience.

You have to remember too that those of us who hang out in game forums are for the most part 'hardcore', we understand the game, it's history, PC issues etc and while we are vocal in our frustrations we aren't ignorant of what's going on.

Now for every 1 person on here think of the 100 who has no idea what's going on or how to fix it ... all they know is that they payed for a game that does not work. I wouldnt be suprised to see many many returns in stores today. My brother went into the city last night and the game store clerk warned him against buying the game as they already had a few returns. That's bad news for a game company.

If I had any stake in SI today I'd be awfully ****ed off at the moment ;)

Anyway, hope you all get things going smoothly somehow and that this mess doesnt hurt SI to much.

Myros

Of course SI understand this. They aren't in the business of biting the hand that feeds them.

The generally regret the whole debacle that was yesetrday. Things are getting back to normal now though and more people ar reporting success. The phone line appears to be working now as does softanchor. The poor print quality of the activation codes was dissapointing, but ultimately beyond the control of SI.

Like I say, please hang in there.

Archived