Stop Complaining, SI & FM09 Rule

I just wanted to write this in response to all the posts in the forum. People have been writing posts complaining about everything from forums not working to the game not working to not being able to read the key. People show know who to blame, in most cases SI are not responsible. Maybe they should have partnered up with someone better that Steam, but maybe if they have chosen someone else it would have been worst. It was a first time experience give SI a break.

Its understandable, I like other people want to play the game with no problems and get frustated when that doesn't happern but we can't just starting blaming people without thinking it through. SI is the only company that I know that offers so much feedback especially in their forums. They are working people like us.

I just hope SI continue to listen to us and our opinions. And of course everyone is free to express theirs, about liking or disliking the game, as long as their opinions are supported and well thought of not just a quick rash expression of anger.

THANK YOU SI!!!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK

I think people have the right to be disappointed, but some are just acting like spoilt teenagers. If they had bought any other product in a shop and taken it home to find it wasn't working properly, they would have taken it back and (most likely) politely asked for it to be exchanged etc. On here, because it's a faceless community, many feel it is ok to turn into keyboard warriors and abuse the game, SI and on one thread Miles personally (for which the poster was rightly banned).

Something has gone badly wrong with the release, but SI have posted that they too are deeply embarrassed, Miles has promised a full enquiry when he has ALL the facts and the SI guys are doing everything they can to help people.

What more can be done? Why people are so against copyright protection is beyond me. If you buy any computer software, you normally have to authenticate it, so why not FM? It seems to me that the companies controlling the authentication process made promises they were ultimately not able to keep due to the HUGE popularity of the game and hence the huge demand on their servers. I would even go as far to say that this "****-up" is not SI's fault, but we'll see when Miles gives us his post-mortem.

I wouldn't say that SI rule (because in theory anyway only The Queen does), but they have made a damn fine game, which many people will realise when this issue has been sorted. I only hope that these people are big enough to then apologise for their over-reactions.

Edwin: people are against copyright protection because there are two schools of thought. Mac users don't have to authenticate their copies of Leopard or iLife, because there is trust and confidence that their software is good enough for people to buy it. Good software leads to good sales, even with piracy involved.

There is another school of thought of Bill Gates, where an authentication system would hinder loyal and innocent users, and force some people to purchase their product, while others who pirated before would just end up not using it and finding an alternative.

Piracy has always been around, since the days of the VCR recorder and sound recordings of Elvis at his live concerts. Its the fact of life that corporations can't live with since they feel that what got them to become corporations (through the legit users $$) aren't enough.

Basically, people would still buy FM if it didn't have a CD key. Mac software don't have CD keys, yet people buy their software still. There aren't any solid numbers that prove that authentication converts more pirates into purchasers, nor discourage pirates from being pirates. Pirates love the challenge afterall, that is their ONLY MOTIVATION.

Yea im dissappointed that the forums been down, but ppl probably have been probably flooding them like crazy so I cant blame them. And Yes I agree wot a game, I thought it wasnt possible but I luv this version best yet!

I think the 3d looks better in the full game tbh, and yes FM09 is great.

But personally I am still very annoyed with yesterdays farce. The OP says know who to blame, and then goes on to target Steam whereas in fact it was AFAIK down to Uniloc/Softanchor. But at the end of the day SI/Sega ARE to blame - they set the system up and failed to make sure it was up to scratch.

You have to accept people have a right to be angry ... in my case (and I am sure I am not unique) I started work early and skipped breaks to get back asap to start playing .. then found that I couldn't. OFC it's not the end of the world, but to try and paint SI as blameless is wrong.

• SI Staff
when they fix my data editor, they will rule :) until then i think they perhaps didnt antisipate how well the game would sell and how many users would activate

I think people have a right to be disappointed. I do think some people show their emotion in ways which are not constructive or helpful. The first thing we want to do is get everyone activated - from there we can look to review everything and let you knows know what happened and what we're doing about things.

• SI Staff
I think the 3d looks better in the full game tbh, and yes FM09 is great.

But personally I am still very annoyed with yesterdays farce. The OP says know who to blame, and then goes on to target Steam whereas in fact it was AFAIK down to Uniloc/Softanchor. But at the end of the day SI/Sega ARE to blame - they set the system up and failed to make sure it was up to scratch.

You have to accept people have a right to be angry ... in my case (and I am sure I am not unique) I started work early and skipped breaks to get back asap to start playing .. then found that I couldn't. OFC it's not the end of the world, but to try and paint SI as blameless is wrong.

Yep - I'm with you! I said many times yesterday that there were things that were our fault but there were also a couple of things that were not. One which I'm sure we'll be able to tell you all soon caused no end of issues for everyone.

Archived