if anyone has managed montenegro please answer this!

basically i've got a game set up to start january 2007, i'm not in the euro qualifiers obviously so i have ten friendlies lined up for the year ahead. do mont. get put in the hat for world cup qualifiers? i ask this because my fixture list allows me to create friendlies for the international fixture slots for september, october and november 2008...which is when the qualifiers would be. so i'm thinking mont can't take part in the tournaments in fm2008?

thanks

basically i've got a game set up to start january 2007, i'm not in the euro qualifiers obviously so i have ten friendlies lined up for the year ahead. do mont. get put in the hat for world cup qualifiers? i ask this because my fixture list allows me to create friendlies for the international fixture slots for september, october and november 2008...which is when the qualifiers would be. so i'm thinking mont can't take part in the tournaments in fm2008?

thanks

Montenegro should be in the hat for WC '10, if they're not it'd be a bug, and someone would've noticed by now. I think their low standing in the international rankings makes them a popular pick for an international manager.

I can't answer definitively, but don't worry - if your friendlies clash with a competitive Fifa match the friendly will automatically be cancelled.

Try the Fifa website. If Montenegro are a recognised team they should be in the hat. The only reason they wouldn't be is that the people only voted for independence recently so it may take longer for Fifa to recognise the footie team.

yes, they are recognised for sure. they're in italy's world cup qualifying group.

i like the fact they're ranked 204th (bottom). i scheduled fixtures in the editor for teams in the top 30 rankings and my goal is to get them ranked as high as possible before the world cup draw, assuming i'm in it. the best way seems to be to start the game from brazil 2006 and play a years worth of friendlies.

are germany actualy coded to be any good? only ask as they dont have any proper players in the squad, guessing this is some sort of name rights issue with the german FA. i chose them as a friendly assuming they'd be beatable! lol.

Archived