Match Engine/3D Team

Well... colour me impressed.

I'm one of those moaners (sorry) who blitzed the quality of the demo/match-engine/match presentation but I take much of it back tonight (erm, this morning - see what you've done to me?).

Sat down to play the game very late this evening, spent absolutely ages (as you do) preparing my team for the season ahead (QPR - I like the underdogs with loads of money) and managed to reach, and play through, my first pre-season game.

Absolutely.loved.it.

The game was a joy to watch. I really have no major complaints and I'm sure anything I were to mention you'd be aware of already and hoping to fix in the future/future games. The movement of players was decent, it was a lot easier to see players on the ball looking for a pass, the crossing was sensible, the finishing varied and exciting. My congratulations.

If that first match (watched on Extended Highlights/Elevated view) turns out to be a one-off and the rest are rubbish, then I reserve the right to pretend I never said this ;)

What I would say though - based on initial impressions - is the following:

1) I'm not overly happy with the match setting up time (a good 20 seconds I'd say but next time I'll time it)

2) Matches are going to eat up far too much time if I cannot run the match at a faster speed than the highlights - please consider match/highlights sliders

3) Anything else right now would be mean and I like to prepare properly for such occassions (mwaha etc.)

In summary: Appeared to be a vast improvement over the demo and I believe 3D is now, the only option for me. Thanks for all the hard work!

Can some kind person please tell me how to enable these 'widgets' I hear of? I would like the Ass Mans feedback on screen whilst the match is playing.

Can some kind person please tell me how to enable these 'widgets' I hear of? I would like the Ass Mans feedback on screen whilst the match is playing.

Top right hand corner when you're in "TV Mode"... it says something like "Match Day Info", or something along those lines... click that, and check the boxes for the widgets you want.

As for the 3D engine... well.. I'm actually the opposite to you - I loved it in the demo, but in the full game it's really jerky for me :(

Ah - so I cant access Widgets unless I'm in TV mode? Or can I turn them on from there and use them as normal? Guess I could find out. Just cant see myself sitting through another really long match instead of going to sleep just to find out about widgets! Really jerky for you, and the demo wasnt? Hmm, very strange that one. Might be a bit more info/ways around it over the next few days when all the mental-ness around here calms down.

Overlooked for the time being, I'm sure it'll become more of an issue when we start to realise only one match has passed in the past 24 hrs ;)

btw longyt - one of my sisters lives in the 'gong :)

Archived