Hold on, hold on....the release game is better than the demo?

I don't think any more animations went into the 3D engine in 9.1.0. It was mainly sorting gameplay and compatibility stuff.

The changelog suggests the animations are better synced though and there is more movement in some situations. I get the feeling that maybe in the demo some animations didn't appear when they were supposed to?

The changelog suggests the animations are better synced though and there is more movement in some situations. I get the feeling that maybe in the demo some animations didn't appear when they were supposed to?

This is true. For example, players rotate to face the direction they want to shoot/pass now. It's only minor tweaks but it makes a differences. There are also meshes in place for ther stadiums which I didn't notice in the demo (the stadiums are still empty though :().

The retail game is quite a bit better than the demo though :thup:

• 3 months later...
How may patches and stuff have there been now and how much has been fixed, compared to the vanilla demo?

Currently the latest patch is 9.2.0, with 9.3.0 slated to be released at the end of the month.

For a changelist of what was changed with the 9.2.0 patch, look here

Cheers for that. Just had a quick look, looks encouraging. Would you say, without getting into specific things, that the match engine is noticeably better? Remember, comparing to the vanilla demo.

I would say that the patch shows a marked improvement in most areas of the game in comparison to the demo

Archived