First time starting unemployed [FM 09]...

So I've started unemployed with Semi-Pro experience and 4 nations and many leagues selected.

I've started at June I think (whichever time the English league option starts).

I have gone on holiday with the option to apply for a job and return form holiday when I've got a successful job application.

It is now October in game time and the game is still on holiday LOL....

Being the game is just out, I'm kinda edgy that it may be a bug? If not, how do I start unemployed and get a job?

Is there a 'boot cleaner' staff position I have to apply to first? :p

It happens on most fm's actually. I did this and got a job within the first month though.

It may depend on which leagues you have active. I started of as low as possible in England, so that could be why I got a job so quick.

OKAY NEVER MIND!

November now and got a job at 'Darlington' Coca-Cola Champ.2....Guess it'll have to do.....:p

Sorry for the impatiently made thread....I was just anxious to get going :)

And I guess the thread is a good indication to other unemployed noobs on when to expect to get a job. :p

Thanks for the reply anyway Neji mate, enjoy FM09!

Dude, you cant get instantly job at some high reputation club.

You always have to start with at least second division club.

I know that mate :p, I was just asking, "Does anyone employ you/ how long it takes?" I didn't say "why am I not getting into Arsenal!!?!?" ;)

Anyway, been playing non-stop since my last post, it's been a great ride.

The media is EXCELLENT, the 3D view works well and has surprising amount of animations (too bad no dugout view though) and it's no doubt the best FM yet (whilst FM08 > FM07 was questionable).

Thanks for the great game SI and I'm sorry your forum is such a mess :eek:

I hope the activation stuff gets sorted soon, Steam is a great application (been using it since 2004 with no problems) and I'm sure once people are over thsi hurdle, it will work wonders and they'll come to love it :)

Archived