The corner trick still works

Literally, all I did to enable it was take my forward off of flick and change him to attack far post, and switch my centre half to challenge keeper.

Put all corners into 6 yard box...

And set my best corner takers.

Even easier than FM08 IMO.

Agreed! First Version I have not ordered this new one because the last one had too many problems to cheat the system….single player fine but online anything like that’s a killer……….

Love the game to death but actually if the match engine does this for example I cant be arsed putting in the effort CM03 anyone…………

Got to say enjoyed playing online over the years but CM03 still very close to my heart it was addictive as hell and you could trust your tactics and players, you knew how to fix problems to build with 08 I lost interest as was it tactics , players, or sliding bars……..that were wrong.

Literally, all I did to enable it was take my forward off of flick and change him to attack far post, and switch my centre half to challenge keeper.

Put all corners into 6 yard box...

And set my best corner takers.

Even easier than FM08 IMO.

How do i set it so that the corners go into the 6 yard box?

Never realised you could tweak corners so much :)

Any specific skills for the defenders?

I'm sure i read in another thread of this nature that it wasn't possible to fix this entirely due to knock on effects in other parts of the match engine (i might have dreamed this btw so if i have i'm sorry:) ).

At the end of the day, even if it is present, you have to choice whether you want to use it or not. If u think it's cheating then just simply don't use it, it in no way effects the way you play the game surely?

I'm sure i read in another thread of this nature that it wasn't possible to fix this entirely due to knock on effects in other parts of the match engine (i might have dreamed this btw so if i have i'm sorry:) ).

At the end of the day, even if it is present, you have to choice whether you want to use it or not. If u think it's cheating then just simply don't use it, it in no way effects the way you play the game surely?

I struggle to believe that when FM06 and FM07 had perfectly good match engines and didn't include this bug - the FM06 engine (fully patched) has been the best they've made so far, that doesn't have any glaringly obvious bugs, whereas every release since has never been fixed properly. Unless im forgetting something about the 06 engine.

No you didn't dream it, I read it too ;)

I know I have a choice but I'd rather not have it. It just seems stupid (and motivation-sapping) having a tactic available to you that'll win you more games and not using it; its really no better than the diablo tactics of old, albeit less effective. And since its not possible to fix it entirely why not just block off the user's ability to access it by removing the relevant buttons? It just seems like a no-brainer.

From what I've read, your best bet if you want to avoid the corner 'cheat' is to leave corners on "mixed" rather than "6 Yard Box". That way you can still set up reasonable corner instructions, such as challenging the keeper, without it guaranteeing you a goal every 1 or 2 corners you get.

I struggle to believe that when FM06 and FM07 had perfectly good match engines and didn't include this bug - the FM06 engine (fully patched) has been the best they've made so far, that doesn't have any glaringly obvious bugs, whereas every release since has never been fixed properly. Unless im forgetting something about the 06 engine.

There were corner issues in both '06 and '07. In 06 all you had to do was have a player with good long shots stand on the edge of the area, set corner distribution so it went near him and he would bang in 30+ goals a season.

In '07 you just had to put a player with good jumping to 'near post flick on', set corners to near post and again you could get 30+ goals a season.

So it's not as clear cut as saying 'this never used to be a problem so why is it now'. It one area that SI have struggled to get right for a long time.

From what I've read, your best bet if you want to avoid the corner 'cheat' is to leave corners on "mixed" rather than "6 Yard Box". That way you can still set up reasonable corner instructions, such as challenging the keeper, without it guaranteeing you a goal every 1 or 2 corners you get.

It's pretty sad though that we have to do that just to keep it realistic.

There were corner issues in both '06 and '07. In 06 all you had to do was have a player with good long shots stand on the edge of the area, set corner distribution so it went near him and he would bang in 30+ goals a season.

In '07 you just had to put a player with good jumping to 'near post flick on', set corners to near post and again you could get 30+ goals a season.

So it's not as clear cut as saying 'this never used to be a problem so why is it now'. It one area that SI have struggled to get right for a long time.

Edge of the area thing was 05 wasn't it? I'm sure i remember trying that in 06 and it never worked..

My memory ain't that accurate though so you could well be right :D

Kolo Toure was my top scorer with 8 after 10 games with Arsenal. That was with the delivery mixed and him challenging GK.

He finished the season with 14 in all competitions... To me thats jsut a defender hitting a really 'good/lucky' run. I'm sure Lescott scored nearly that many last season. And Laursen seems to get him fair share too...

Edge of the area thing was 05 wasn't it? I'm sure i remember trying that in 06 and it never worked..

I think 05 was 'stand on far post' in a multi-player game my friend had 62 or 67 goals from Materazzi in a season! (he took free kicks and penalties too) was stilla good screenshot though

No you didn't dream it, I read it too ;)

I know I have a choice but I'd rather not have it. It just seems stupid (and motivation-sapping) having a tactic available to you that'll win you more games and not using it; its really no better than the diablo tactics of old, albeit less effective. And since its not possible to fix it entirely why not just block off the user's ability to access it by removing the relevant buttons? It just seems like a no-brainer.

Lol glad someone else read it as well.

Personally for me the fact that its there doesn't really bother me, but I can understand where you're coming from. Tbh i don't think it would be a bad thing just taking the buttons out of use, Im not really sure how many people use them really, i know i don't. But then again, i'm not bothered if they stay, cos i'm just not interested in using the exploit, so its not of any consequence to me lol and i'm sure that people can control themselves not to use it if they don't want to.

It was '06 as well. Freddy Guarin was my top scorer for about 4 seasons simply because his long shots were awsome.

Has anyone got any stats for this in fm2009 over a full season?

Personally I haven't noticed it yet using the same corner settings that I used in '08 which resulted in a lot of goals from corners.

If someone posts the exact settings they're using to get this I'll happily give it a test over a full season, the more people that try it here the better.

Right..

Why don't most central defenders get 20 goals a season then?

Can you post the settings you're using to get this to happen Wakers?

Lots of people are claiming it still works but not one person has posted the settings they use. I've tried it and have not seen an issue but would like to find out if there is a problem.

Can you post the settings you're using to get this to happen Wakers?

Lots of people are claiming it still works but not one person has posted the settings they use. I've tried it and have not seen an issue but would like to find out if there is a problem.

to be honest i've left everything on mixed. I have Eddie Nolan on loan and he scored 15 goals in his first season, just from corners and free kicks.

Tbh you should :confused:

I think he means people claiming to have over 20 goals, like the years version that had the bug/flaw.

This guy may hve just got lucky, it isn't crazy for one defender to get a few goals one season.

edit. someone said 15, that is a bit high tbf

to be honest i've left everything on mixed. I have Eddie Nolan on loan and he scored 15 goals in his first season, just from corners and free kicks.

15 isn't a lot to be honest, compared with the amount of goals being scored in '08.

That could quite easily be put down to a good / lucky season.

Anyone else?

Has anyone got any stats for this in fm2009 over a full season?

Ok set 6 yard box set cb (carragher) with highest jumping stat to challenge keeper result.

4 goals in 1 st season

3 goals currently second season.

I know theres probably better players to test this on but he had the highest jumping stat to use in my team.

it normally goes like this : you need high jumping and heading 16+

highest jumping : challenge GK

2nd highest jumping : attack near post

3rd highest : attack ball from deep

guy with good crossing : short option

guy with long shots : outside area

EVERYONE ELSE : Stay back

set corners to "6 yard box"

you can get an unbeliveble amount of goals, if you have a corner taker with 18+ and a jumper / header 18+

He said, "compared with the amount of goals being scored in '08". People were posting screenshots of centre backs with 30+ league goals, so yes 15 isn't a lot in comparison, however it is still over the norm.

You're right he did say that, my bad. Still, its too many.

You're right he did say that, my bad. Still, its too many.

True, but i'm not sure if it can considered a problem until it happens in consecutive season. The 15 goals your CB scored could just be an anomaly, if it happened again next season and the following season then it would be a problem.

I haven't noticed a problem with corners, but i've only played pre season and one league game so far :p

True, but i'm not sure if it can considered a problem until it happens in consecutive season. The 15 goals your CB scored could just be an anomaly, if it happened again next season and the following season then it would be a problem.

I haven't noticed a problem with corners, but i've only played pre season and one league game so far :p

Well i'm 4 games into the next season and he's already scored 2 so it looks like he could have another good season ;) This is worse though because I can't just stop it from happening.

Archived