Still having problems authenticating?

• SI Staff

Known solutions...

STEAM "Currently unavailable" game error.

1) On receiving the error, please uninstall the game

2) Please navigate to the following directory:

XP users: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate

Vista users: C:\Program Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate

3) Please ensure that it is the \certificate directory you are located in

4) Delete all content

5) Reboot the machine

6) Re-run the installation programme and retry activation - ensuring you have 'verified' your key using the following website: http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/

7) You should now be activated

Error 821 vista solution

It shouldn't happen to first time activators. If encountered the solution is to delete the XP or Vista directories:

XP users: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate

Vista users: C:\Program Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate

And reactivate.

"Application was unable to connect" - go to http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=62568

The "cannot connect" error will also occur if the server is saturated. This shouldn't occur moving forward, but it is worth adding that if the certificate on the computer is okay, attempting to activate again in a few moments might help.

703 - The correct response to a -703 is to retry again

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Please post here if you are.....

Mine has just activated 2 minutes ago and now I am scared to shut it down it case it goes Titus Bramble up.

When can we expect some form of official cover story/Apology.

I don't think it was your lots fault but it would be nice to know someones arse is getting kicked for this shambles.

Surely a massive re-think is on the cards and your going to have to have a look at that joke you call a manual for an Installation guide, I have two mates who are waiting on me going to there house to fix it.

Sorry for going off topic but it's the only time I have seen anyone from SI for a while on here.

Funny that.

Please post here if you are.....

I've been trying for 12 hours now.

I install and activate my game with my activation code on Steam and it works swell. Then when I launch the game, SoftAnchor shows up asking me to re-enter my activation code. I've done that a billion times, and all I get is an error called 821.

PLEASE help :)

Just a quick one, i don't have an internet connection or a landline (just moved into a nice new buil flat, BT issues!!!)

I tried phone authentification this morning but got as far as the 3rd step then the phone told me it was the wrong code. Tried this several times at great cost to my mobile!!! I put my code into the thing on your website and it gave me a different code that had 0's and o's. Will this now work. Bear in mind i can't download any patches.

I've been at work all night and am heading home soon. Is it worth me trying again or should i just take it back get my money back and buy it when i've got the inet installed???

This isn't a moan just a serious question!

i have activated it on my laptop , when i try to activate it on my computer this happens

'We're sorry but this installation of Football Manager 2009 certificate could not be activated for the following reason: The application was unable to connect to the internet. Please check your connection. For help please visit http://www.sigames.com. '

i have the same as this on my friends laptop i am helping him with

i got it working but i turned it off and now when i turn it back on it asks for the code but...

when i put the code in it says already activated and doesnt let me on

you realy have made the biggest embarresment of yourself possible and we all have you to thank for WASTING £30, cheers miles :D

At a time of night where the majority of users with this problem say it is working now, and the servers should be quieter, I am still getting the 'Unable to connect to internet' message when trying to activate.

Purchased the game on steam more than 24 hours ago and still not been able to play it

Can anyone help?

i got it working but i turned it off and now when i turn it back on it asks for the code but...

when i put the code in it says already activated and doesnt let me on

you realy have made the biggest embarresment of yourself possible and we all have you to thank for WASTING £30, cheers miles :D

dont put the code in, simply close the game and launch it again. do this a couple of times and maybe it may start working. did on mine for some reason

At a time of night where the majority of users with this problem say it is working now, and the servers should be quieter, I am still getting the 'Unable to connect to internet' message when trying to activate.

Purchased the game on steam more than 24 hours ago and still not been able to play it

Can anyone help?

Bro! You have to keep trying! I too got that message but I clicked "back and next" again for countless number of times and it finally worked for me a few hours ago. just don't give up hope!

Hope this helps!

I have an internet connection, I have provided the correct authentication number and it wont wont. It hasnt worked for 6 1/2 hours now. It is now half 12, the server surely isnt as busy as it was andpeople seem to be logging on. Wy are there still thhose of us that are having trouble???

i would suggest you guys at SI use a diferrent company next time if you chose to do this authentication route agian.

i have had every game since the first CM.

and while i had no problems with this one, it came through on my steam no problems last night,

it seems many have had huge issues.

This third party company you trusted with the authentication has proven woefully inadquate to the task set to them.

i would hope you dont intend to do buisness with them again...

But anyway, this years game is the best ever by far.

and im greatly enjoying it.

loyal cm/fm customer.

bigfoot.

This is rotten....

Message im getting is the applicationwas unable to connect to the internet...

bollox im fully connected... im on this forum aint i.....

this is more hassle that its worth...fm2008 re installed!!

yeh i now have the error message, just got past the original one i got of an Error 703, wrong code thing, but now i am apprantly not connected to the internet. I have disabled anit-virus etc, yet no effect. hm...

What a waste of money. I have not got a clue wtf is going on. Game on disk, stick disk in machine, install, play. It's not bloody rocket science, its why I bought the game on disk as opposed to downloading and this steam crap has just made me so angry. PLEASE, PLEASE someone from SI as a gesture, advise all retailers to give a full refund to anybody who has bought the game today, without question.

Still not able to get it working and seemingly without prospect of ever getting the steaming pile of crap that was known as FM09 working. I give up and I want my money back.

If I try and play through Steam, it registered fine but when I try and launch it says 'the game is unavailable'.

If I click on the fm.exe thing in program files, then it brings up the softanchor authentification page, which says the application is unable to connect to the internet.

Ho hum.

'We're sorry but this installation of Football Manager 2009 certificate could not be activated for the following reason: The application was unable to connect to the internet. Please check your connection. For help please visit http://www.sigames.com. '

This is really frustrating. Its like 'Check you're connected to the internet, please visit this WEBSITE for help'.

Launch softanchor,one of 3 things happens...

Unable to connect to the internet

Invalid key

or

NOTHING.........................just a box saying initializiign and thats it...

tried following advise from a previous topic if getting error 51.... and the file I am told to delete doesnt exist....

What a waste of money. I have not got a clue wtf is going on. Game on disk, stick disk in machine, install, play. It's not bloody rocket science, its why I bought the game on disk as opposed to downloading and this steam crap has just made me so angry. PLEASE, PLEASE someone from SI as a gesture, advise all retailers to give a full refund to anybody who has bought the game today, without question.

Still not able to get it working and seemingly without prospect of ever getting the steaming pile of crap that was known as FM09 working. I give up and I want my money back.

yes, cos the whole £30 is wasted cos you've lost 1/2 days playing time, get a grip.

i'm sure they will address any problems people still have tomorrow when they've woken up, and if it still doesn't work, then they will offer a full refund/ replacement.

I am really really disappointed with the release of FM this year. I have now had the game in my hands, trying to activate for about 12 hours. This is actually a product I paid 34 pounds to use, and it is not at all living up to my expectations. Yet. Though it probably will, once I get to try it. I'm still getting the message from softanchor that the program cannot connect to the internet, and trying to open FM 2009 through Steam, I'm told that the program is "not available at the moment" or something like that.

I'm frustrated, and the fact that most people seem to be able to activate by now really tears me up...

bought the cd,

installed using steam option

had key from back of manual accepted and my account activated

installed fm09 and updated fine.

launch game and when i insert correct key into soft anchor online activation get message

"We're sorry, but this installation of Football Manager 2009 Certificate could not be activated for the following reason: The application was unable to connect to the internet. Please check your connection."

bought the cd,

installed using steam option

had key from back of manual accepted and my account activated

installed fm09 and updated fine.

launch game and when i insert correct key into soft anchor online activation get message

"We're sorry, but this installation of Football Manager 2009 Certificate could not be activated for the following reason: The application was unable to connect to the internet. Please check your connection."

Ditto.

Are SI now honestly trying to **** their customers off now or something? This is pathetic.

Yeah, call me sad or whatever, but I have been lookign fowafrd to this for a period of 2 or mmore months. Game finally arrives , a game I hasten to asd I have paid 30 pounds for, and I cant even use it. IIt is essentially useless. Noww every man and his dog seems to be able to play and there are the few of us who are stuck with this rubbish internet problem. Yes the lack of internet that stops us publishing our negative feedbakc on the forum.

im so dispappointed. Im sure the game is great. just a shame that 30 pounds cant guarentee a fan the chance to play it

Archived