PDA

View Full Version : Still having problems authenticating?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Miles Jacobson
14-11-2008, 23:45
Known solutions...

STEAM "Currently unavailable" game error.

1) On receiving the error, please uninstall the game
2) Please navigate to the following directory:
XP users: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate
Vista users: C:\Program Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate
3) Please ensure that it is the \certificate directory you are located in
4) Delete all content
5) Reboot the machine
6) Re-run the installation programme and retry activation - ensuring you have 'verified' your key using the following website: http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/ (http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/)
7) You should now be activated

Error 821 vista solution
It shouldn't happen to first time activators. If encountered the solution is to delete the XP or Vista directories:
XP users: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate
Vista users: C:\Program Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate
And reactivate.

"Application was unable to connect" - go to http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=62568 (http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=62568)
The "cannot connect" error will also occur if the server is saturated. This shouldn't occur moving forward, but it is worth adding that if the certificate on the computer is okay, attempting to activate again in a few moments might help.

703 - The correct response to a -703 is to retry again

Navie
14-11-2008, 23:46
Please post here if you are.....

I have problems making money in real life :D , oh btw...FM 2009 rocks!

Legendary Manager
14-11-2008, 23:47
me telling me its already been registered?"?!?!?

craigsim
14-11-2008, 23:48
i have activated it on my laptop , when i try to activate it on my computer this happens

'We're sorry but this installation of Football Manager 2009 certificate could not be activated for the following reason: The application was unable to connect to the internet. Please check your connection. For help please visit http://www.sigames.com. '

ClownCollege
14-11-2008, 23:48
Im still gettin the cannot connect to internet message on softanchor

noel33330
14-11-2008, 23:49
gutted. mine is just flashing up 'initializing'' for bloody ages. have re-installed and i just want to cry. it is unbelivable.

ClownCollege
14-11-2008, 23:55
So can we have some advice then...?

GioGio85
14-11-2008, 23:58
Yes, I still get that horrible "your not connected to the internet" message from the Soft Anchor window.

How do I get past this? why wont it let me past this?

having already authenticated once i fidn this so annoying conisdering I have been tryign since 5 pm

ClownCollege
14-11-2008, 23:59
Ok i guess not then, ill try 2moro...
Not happy

GioGio85
14-11-2008, 23:59
I have also installed steam and the other version, ntohign is working and i have a new dell 1525 inspiron, what the hell?

jasewood
15-11-2008, 00:00

Mine has just activated 2 minutes ago and now I am scared to shut it down it case it goes Titus Bramble up.

When can we expect some form of official cover story/Apology.

I don't think it was your lots fault but it would be nice to know someones arse is getting kicked for this shambles.

Surely a massive re-think is on the cards and your going to have to have a look at that joke you call a manual for an Installation guide, I have two mates who are waiting on me going to there house to fix it.

Sorry for going off topic but it's the only time I have seen anyone from SI for a while on here.

Funny that.

aufje
15-11-2008, 00:02

I've been trying for 12 hours now.
I install and activate my game with my activation code on Steam and it works swell. Then when I launch the game, SoftAnchor shows up asking me to re-enter my activation code. I've done that a billion times, and all I get is an error called 821.

PLEASE help :)

mikeseel82
15-11-2008, 00:02
Just a quick one, i don't have an internet connection or a landline (just moved into a nice new buil flat, BT issues!!!)

I tried phone authentification this morning but got as far as the 3rd step then the phone told me it was the wrong code. Tried this several times at great cost to my mobile!!! I put my code into the thing on your website and it gave me a different code that had 0's and o's. Will this now work. Bear in mind i can't download any patches.

I've been at work all night and am heading home soon. Is it worth me trying again or should i just take it back get my money back and buy it when i've got the inet installed???

This isn't a moan just a serious question!

ookie
15-11-2008, 00:05
yeah, i keep getting this image after i attempt to authenticate

http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/5284/17229762pf6.jpg

15-11-2008, 00:05
It would help if a moderator sticked this thread.

joshmay07
15-11-2008, 00:09
i have activated it on my laptop , when i try to activate it on my computer this happens

'We're sorry but this installation of Football Manager 2009 certificate could not be activated for the following reason: The application was unable to connect to the internet. Please check your connection. For help please visit http://www.sigames.com. '

i have the same as this on my friends laptop i am helping him with

juno123
15-11-2008, 00:10
i got it working but i turned it off and now when i turn it back on it asks for the code but...
when i put the code in it says already activated and doesnt let me on
you realy have made the biggest embarresment of yourself possible and we all have you to thank for WASTING Ģ30, cheers miles :D

rfcg
15-11-2008, 00:11
At a time of night where the majority of users with this problem say it is working now, and the servers should be quieter, I am still getting the 'Unable to connect to internet' message when trying to activate.

Purchased the game on steam more than 24 hours ago and still not been able to play it

Can anyone help?

inmotion_slb
15-11-2008, 00:12
i got it working but i turned it off and now when i turn it back on it asks for the code but...
you realy have made the biggest embarresment of yourself possible and we all have you to thank for WASTING Ģ30, cheers miles :D

dont put the code in, simply close the game and launch it again. do this a couple of times and maybe it may start working. did on mine for some reason

pjburrage
15-11-2008, 00:12
The code given to me in Steam doesn't seem to want to activate my version of the game. This has been more hassle than it's worth.

jimi m
15-11-2008, 00:14
yep mine either says you need a new code or you are not connected to the internet,,,,,what do I do??

rogier1985
15-11-2008, 00:20
have the same issue, pls get the solution..

joshmay07
15-11-2008, 00:21
same here wont coonect to net :(

Wardie9
15-11-2008, 00:22
yep
Get the code is incorrect, you need a new code from sigames.com etc etc
error 703

all a bit of a **** up hey?!
its a joke to be honest. but yeh hopefully be fixed like very soon!

Puj
15-11-2008, 00:23
Have put in the unlock key and it registered, clicked again and it says "the unlock key is already active, to purchase an unlock key please visit www.sigames.com" Why?:mad:

Blanchflower1
At a time of night where the majority of users with this problem say it is working now, and the servers should be quieter, I am still getting the 'Unable to connect to internet' message when trying to activate.

Purchased the game on steam more than 24 hours ago and still not been able to play it

Can anyone help?

Bro! You have to keep trying! I too got that message but I clicked "back and next" again for countless number of times and it finally worked for me a few hours ago. just don't give up hope!

Hope this helps!

GioGio85
I have an internet connection, I have provided the correct authentication number and it wont wont. It hasnt worked for 6 1/2 hours now. It is now half 12, the server surely isnt as busy as it was andpeople seem to be logging on. Wy are there still thhose of us that are having trouble???

nightfireuk2001
15-11-2008, 00:24
This is rotten....

Message im getting is the applicationwas unable to connect to the internet...

bollox im fully connected... im on this forum aint i.....

this is more hassle that its worth...fm2008 re installed!!

bigfootedfred
15-11-2008, 00:27
i would suggest you guys at SI use a diferrent company next time if you chose to do this authentication route agian.

i have had every game since the first CM.
and while i had no problems with this one, it came through on my steam no problems last night,
it seems many have had huge issues.

This third party company you trusted with the authentication has proven woefully inadquate to the task set to them.
i would hope you dont intend to do buisness with them again...

But anyway, this years game is the best ever by far.
and im greatly enjoying it.

loyal cm/fm customer.

bigfoot.

Wardie9
15-11-2008, 00:28
This is rotten....

Message im getting is the applicationwas unable to connect to the internet...

bollox im fully connected... im on this forum aint i.....

this is more hassle that its worth...fm2008 re installed!!

yeh i now have the error message, just got past the original one i got of an Error 703, wrong code thing, but now i am apprantly not connected to the internet. I have disabled anit-virus etc, yet no effect. hm...

leagle
What a waste of money. I have not got a clue wtf is going on. Game on disk, stick disk in machine, install, play. It's not bloody rocket science, its why I bought the game on disk as opposed to downloading and this steam crap has just made me so angry. PLEASE, PLEASE someone from SI as a gesture, advise all retailers to give a full refund to anybody who has bought the game today, without question.

Still not able to get it working and seemingly without prospect of ever getting the steaming pile of crap that was known as FM09 working. I give up and I want my money back.

jacobnotts
If I try and play through Steam, it registered fine but when I try and launch it says 'the game is unavailable'.

If I click on the fm.exe thing in program files, then it brings up the softanchor authentification page, which says the application is unable to connect to the internet.

Ho hum.

Haestad
15-11-2008, 00:30

This is really frustrating. Its like 'Check you're connected to the internet, please visit this WEBSITE for help'.

ScoRoss
Error 703 for me too

tedder_road
Still getting the same message as everyone else. Help?

bigfootedfred
15-11-2008, 00:31
jacob -

it did that to me last night. i restarted steam and it worked...
give it a try eh, you never know.

Timster
15-11-2008, 00:31
Well miles!? I'd really like to play this game but it still isn't working. This is frankly a ****take. It's been now a day and it's still not fixed.

Harlow Brown
15-11-2008, 00:32
Been trying since 2.30 this afternoon. Still says I'm not connected to the internet. 10 hours of pure fun. no wait. thats not right...

dannyj05
Hi still having problems trying to activate by phone.

Spent hours not getting through.

Now it asks for 16 digit number and then accepts and gives a response key of 0 (zero) and says you should get your next 16 digit number.

Nothing happens

PompeyAl
Launch softanchor,one of 3 things happens...

Unable to connect to the internet

Invalid key

or

NOTHING.........................just a box saying initializiign and thats it...

tried following advise from a previous topic if getting error 51.... and the file I am told to delete doesnt exist....

homerjnick
15-11-2008, 00:33
guys are you entering your key in lowercase or uppercase?

homerjnick
cos lowercase seems to work....

iamthequinn
Pfft. Having the same problem here with the SoftAnchor activation bit.

\_/
What a waste of money. I have not got a clue wtf is going on. Game on disk, stick disk in machine, install, play. It's not bloody rocket science, its why I bought the game on disk as opposed to downloading and this steam crap has just made me so angry. PLEASE, PLEASE someone from SI as a gesture, advise all retailers to give a full refund to anybody who has bought the game today, without question.

Still not able to get it working and seemingly without prospect of ever getting the steaming pile of crap that was known as FM09 working. I give up and I want my money back.

yes, cos the whole Ģ30 is wasted cos you've lost 1/2 days playing time, get a grip.

i'm sure they will address any problems people still have tomorrow when they've woken up, and if it still doesn't work, then they will offer a full refund/ replacement.

jacobnotts
jacob -

it did that to me last night. i restarted steam and it worked...
give it a try eh, you never know.

Have tried that many times, no luck.

Tyggis88
15-11-2008, 00:34
I am really really disappointed with the release of FM this year. I have now had the game in my hands, trying to activate for about 12 hours. This is actually a product I paid 34 pounds to use, and it is not at all living up to my expectations. Yet. Though it probably will, once I get to try it. I'm still getting the message from softanchor that the program cannot connect to the internet, and trying to open FM 2009 through Steam, I'm told that the program is "not available at the moment" or something like that.

I'm frustrated, and the fact that most people seem to be able to activate by now really tears me up...

dogs
15-11-2008, 00:35
bought the cd,

installed using steam option

had key from back of manual accepted and my account activated

installed fm09 and updated fine.

launch game and when i insert correct key into soft anchor online activation get message

"We're sorry, but this installation of Football Manager 2009 Certificate could not be activated for the following reason: The application was unable to connect to the internet. Please check your connection."

joshmay07
15-11-2008, 00:36
fone lines still buggerd aswell

Timster
15-11-2008, 00:36
bought the cd,

installed using steam option

had key from back of manual accepted and my account activated

installed fm09 and updated fine.

launch game and when i insert correct key into soft anchor online activation get message

"We're sorry, but this installation of Football Manager 2009 Certificate could not be activated for the following reason: The application was unable to connect to the internet. Please check your connection."

Ditto.

Are SI now honestly trying to **** their customers off now or something? This is pathetic.

GioGio85
15-11-2008, 00:37
Yeah, call me sad or whatever, but I have been lookign fowafrd to this for a period of 2 or mmore months. Game finally arrives , a game I hasten to asd I have paid 30 pounds for, and I cant even use it. IIt is essentially useless. Noww every man and his dog seems to be able to play and there are the few of us who are stuck with this rubbish internet problem. Yes the lack of internet that stops us publishing our negative feedbakc on the forum.

im so dispappointed. Im sure the game is great. just a shame that 30 pounds cant guarentee a fan the chance to play it

bigfootedfred

what i belive has happened. is 'soft anchor' the third part trusted with the authentication, has royally ****ed up, their servers simply cant handle the demand.

SI should not do buisness with them again.
But dont blame SI. give it time. you will play the game.

Van Macintosh
this dosen't seem to be getting any response but I've got the same phone related non updating 16 digit key, response key 0 rubbish. Such a bad product launch its almost laughable, almost

neckus
15-11-2008, 00:38
same here...

totti_is_god
Yep, still unable to connect to the internet on SoftAnchor.

TesBramble
I still don't get why you have to run a stupid program to run the game.

Serpico
15-11-2008, 00:39

Can anyone help?

if you bought the game on Steam I thought all you had to do was click a button to validate the installation.

tedder_road
15-11-2008, 00:40
cos lowercase seems to work....

No it doesn't you just got lucky. I just tried this, save the effort folks it would never be that easy.

RedmanJB
15-11-2008, 00:40

+1

GioGio85
15-11-2008, 00:41
"SI should not do buisness with them again.
But dont blame SI. give it time. you will play the game. "

I expect to play teh game when I buy it. I dont buy an apple and expect to eat it in 2 days time. If it didnt work why release it? I would of gone out and waited for a new release date instea dof spending 7 hours trying to type in a useless game code.

SI have to take some repsonsiblity I am affraid. It may nnot of been their direct problem. But why pick someone to work with if they didnt hav eot capacity to fulfil their end of the bargain?

PompeyAl
15-11-2008, 00:41
if you bought the game on Steam I thought all you had to do was click a button to validate the installation.

so did I, unfortunatly this has proven to not be the case

makavelithedon23
15-11-2008, 00:42
After repeated attempts to authenticate I was getting an error 703, not it's just the 'cannot connect to internet error'.
I'd visit the sigames website (as it tells me to) if the site actually loaded. The threads on here aren't much help as I can see nothing from SI relating to this error type & dont fancy reading the tons of pages that people have posted so far in hope of finding a resolution.

Somebody please help!! :(

neckus
15-11-2008, 00:42
Unable to connect again, and again , and again... im helping out this dude who's been having trouble for 20 hours now! And yes! He's been trying ALL 20 hours, nonstop!... He's going crazy and he's bringing the game back tomorrow if we dont get it working tonight.

LewisQ
15-11-2008, 00:43
Just tried it now on a shop-bought copy (purchased today) and a new pc (purchased yesterday.) Same old "Trial period has expired" and "Unable to connect to internet" lark that others have been getting. Sigh.

lightmind
15-11-2008, 00:43
I still cant authenticate.. Tried using SoftAnchor and it keeps saying the application was unable to connect to the internet.. Please help!

Serpico
15-11-2008, 00:44
so did I, unfortunatly this has proven to not be the case

i've seen a screenshot where the 'button' is clearly visible. Have you tried opening Steam and looking there to see if there's anything that might be this elusive button. Sorry for not being able to help more./

CovFan
15-11-2008, 00:46
I'm having the same "Unable to connect to the Internet" problem.

Ben James Smith
15-11-2008, 00:47
Yes first i rried to install on my pc and got to the activation screen and it had the option for phone so i tried to authenticate over the phone but it was busy for hours, then i reinstalled windows because of a seperate issue and when i reinstalled the game i no longer had the option to authenticate over the phone so i tried online and it says im not connected to the internet grrrrrrrrrrrrr i wanna play

GioGio85
15-11-2008, 00:48
Im going to bed. This shoudldof been a great day for me, playinfg a game I loved. Instead its left me severly doubting whether this rubbish is worth it. Playing round with the settings of my internet connections as suggested by STEAMhas now let a bit of spyware in...nice one SI :) How can somehtign so simple be so painful. I expect this to be sorted out while I sleep, hopefulyl my nightmares wont be as bad as this expeirence!

jacobnotts
Have they really made a thread asking us for our problems and then after nearly 100 replies, not bothered to even reply saying they have no idea how to fix it!?!

Just some kind of update is all I want.

Phwoar
Phone authentication is still not working for myself.

Unable to get through 99 times out of 100. The other time, the line cuts out after entering the 16 digit code.

jacobnotts
Well I now have a new error message on SoftAnchor, saying they're unable to process my request. Error [-821]

RedmanJB
15-11-2008, 00:49
OMG YES.

After 10 mins of cannot connect I had one long "load time" then fail.

Tried again and a PASS. Lol. It is so beautiful. The SI GAMES logo. A luscious, sensual blue!

Just keep trying guys! I'm a success story.

Miles Jacobson
15-11-2008, 00:50
Jacobnotts - there have been a bunch of PM's sent by some of our tech support people to others in this thread.

I'm going to go through it now and see if there are any issues I can personally help with - I've been busy in other threads.

Ched
Had posted this in a different thread, but will post here as it appears to be the right place to do so:

I'm now getting a response from the phone lines rather than the "we're busy, call back later".

However, having entered my key, i'm then informed that it "cannot be activated now"

I've checked it on the "key-checker site thing"( originally i'd confused an I and a 1) and re-entered the correct key, gone through the phone thing again, and was told again that my key cannot be activated.

Very confused :confused:

rfcg
Success!!....or so I thought.

Went to the screen saying thank you the game has been activated. Clicked Ok, the window closed, I clicked to start up the game..... and that bloody window with 'Your trial period has expired' appears again.

I'm now back to stage 1.

Sometimes it doesn't work (no internet message)
When it does work it does not activate properly

*tearing hair out*

tedder_road
15-11-2008, 00:51
OK I got a new message! It says "It would appear what you have attempted to enter is not a valid unlock key. To purchase and unlock key visit si games"

[error -1003]

Now here's intriguing part. It only GAVE me this error after it spent the longest time yet that it ever has on the flashing "sending activation request" portion of the validation process. It was up for around 20 seconds, and now I get this error everytime.

Deltaroad
The problem is too many people trying to access the code and getting it to work. It's over loading the system

brandon
"this unlock key is already active. to purchase an unlock key, please visit http://www.sigames.com"

sort it out si! im sick of seeing this message. of course its already active! i bloody activated it. 7 hours ago! whats going on?

Timster
15-11-2008, 00:52
Finally worked!

Bosnian
Just authenticated for me. I was getting the same problems unable to connect etc. I did nothing at all!! all i can assume is it is waiting for a connection to the server.
I used the fm.exe not steam

jacobnotts
Jacobnotts - there have been a bunch of PM's sent by some of our tech support people to others in this thread.

I'm going to go through it now and see if there are any issues I can personally help with - I've been busy in other threads.

Cheers mate, all I wanted!

wolvo_boi
15-11-2008, 00:55
Guys have faith - i read a reply that said just keep pressing back when you get the internet connection rubbish, then press next and keep repeating process, after ages it worked, i am so happy have faith guys it will work. SI have explaining to do and i wont be buying 2010!!!!!! A lot of money has been made on this game but i am sure they will need it as i reckon they will loose alot next year!

Trust me guys have faith, keep pressing back and next, back and next!

Miles Jacobson
For those getting the "703" error, I am told that the code is correct, and that you just need to keep trying. Far from ideal, but this is the information I've been given.

If you are getting a "1003" error, that means that you are putting the key in incorrectly.

I am trying to look through other threads now to see about some of the other issues listed.

jimi m
We were unable to process your unlock request.To recieve a new key please visit www.sigames.com.
Error : [-821].

When u do get sigames website working there is no help what so ever,how great..

tedder_road
15-11-2008, 00:56
I'm in! Authenticated and in!

neckus
15-11-2008, 00:57
For those getting the "703" error, I am told that the code is correct, and that you just need to keep trying. Far from ideal, but this is the information I've been given.

If you are getting a "1003" error, that means that you are putting the key in incorrectly.

I am trying to look through other threads now to see about some of the other issues listed.

We had that, suddenly it worked.. and now the game just crashes and shuts down :( ...

brandon
The problem is too many people trying to access the code and getting it to work. It's over loading the system

no sh*t sherlock. we were assured that this wouldnt happen when the doom & gloom merchants reared their heads. all 3 methods to validate your game have proved disasterous.

nightfireuk2001
Mines just worked 15th Nov 2008 @ 00.57!!!

LewisQ
15-11-2008, 00:58
Right, it just worked for me after about fifteen minutes and maybe five attempts. I guess I got very lucky...

Lanthal
15-11-2008, 00:59
I am yet another of the thousands, most likely, that are receiving the "can't connect to the internet" message by SoftAnchor. I've been trying since yesterday afternoon. I hope to God that you ditch them SI. I can't understand what was wrong with the standalone CD-key option...

RedmanJB
That was epic guys. I'm curious to see how SI reacts to this whole situation. Their official statement would be like something like:

OMFG third party fail

In all seriousness though that was a debacle and measures should be taken.

donscullione
I've been at this since 7.20am and still getting the 'cannot connect to the internet' from SoftAnchor. Am closing in on the 18th hour of trying this. Am working in 5hours so i have to give up on it now. I'll try and ahve ago tomorrow and fingers crossed. to the rest of you GOOD LUCK. And thanks to Miles and his team for continuing to try at this late hour of the weekend

brandon
I'm in! Authenticated and in!

just dont quit your game! you wont be able to get back into it!

CovFan
15-11-2008, 01:00
Just this very second it's authenticated.

DanyHMFC
Keep getting told that my activation code is not valid no matter how bloody much I edit it, and yes I have bought the game through Steam.

Ben James Smith
it worked hahaha about 15th time over the course of 7 hours bye im off to get 20 mins in before bed good luck all you still trying

ScoRoss
15-11-2008, 01:01
How do do I get a "new key" as Soft Anchor seems to think I need one...

rougess
right, i was just about to come on here and moan, but mine was just verified! it makes me feel better but in truth i'm still deeply disappointed in SI, i'm a loyal fm'er ever since i first played it, and i like the new fm, but why am i paying the same amount of money for something that took 12 hours before i could play it, as well as having to install a patch to make it work properly?
and for those of you who say "it's 12 hrs man, that's nothing compared to how much you will play it" but that's not the point. if we buy something like a game, cd, dvd, etc, we should be able to use it instantly, it's our right as a customer.

jimi m
now mine is error [-819] any1 else gettin this???????,this came after ages of cannot connect to the internet,back and next back and next back and next back and next

Phwoar
You know what's more annoying than this game not working?

Posting 20 times over the course of over 12 hours that the phone authentication system isn't working, and NOT RECEIVING A SINGLE RESPONSE FORM SI/SEGA ACKNOWLEDGING THIS.

There have been dozens of posts regarding phone activation, but no help given.

FFS. SORT IT OUT.

Antoz7
15-11-2008, 01:04
I live in New Zealand, bought the game over 24 hours ago, cannot play the thing, have treid through uniloc and steam and each and every time i get as far as the stupid nsoftanchor thing as follows:

Come on, a little help PLEASE?????
:mad:

davidwindall
15-11-2008, 01:09
Well clicking Launch from within Steam gets me a Vista message saying "Football Manager has stopped working." All I can do from there is close. Absolutely flummoxed as to what I should try.

jimi m
15-11-2008, 01:09
yeah I have to say no matter how ****ed off I am well done to the guys who are helpin us at this hour and the stressful day they must of had and every1 includin me rantin...

mine says error 819 now wtf

dogs
15-11-2008, 01:10
authenticated now

i've launched and exited 10 times and no issues,

now i can go to bed ;)

totti_is_god
15-11-2008, 01:12
When I originally installed the game through Steam this afternoon, I created a desktop shortcut from which to load it. Since then I had been trying to do the authentication through the desktop shortcut and receiving the same messages as everyone else. As a last ditch effort tonight, I went back to Steam and tried launching directly through it. I was not even asked to do the online authentication - the game loaded up immediately. Seems to be fine now.

jimi m
15-11-2008, 01:12
ffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccc ccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk............... .work for me please please please

BadgerBurgers
15-11-2008, 01:13

Same problem, I havn't been able to find a fix for this mentioned anywhere. Whenever i try to go back on it askes me to buy another code. Nice.

Miles Jacobson
15-11-2008, 01:15
It seems a lot of you are now getting through and getting authenticated, which is very good news indeed.

I understand that some of you are still having issues, but it is now unlikely that these will get looked at properly til the morning. I can only apologise for this, but those of us who are still online and trying to get people up and running do not have the knowledge of the system to be able to help.

It's worth checking out Sega's customer support section at http://help.sega.com/index.php?loginresult=1&group=default&group=default&t=EnglishUK as there are a couple of FAQ's there, and I believe that you can also open tickets using your login details of this forum with their customer support who may well have answers quicker than we will.

Once again, I apologise to those who are still having issues, and will post in the coming days with details of what, exactly, happened in the last 24 hours that ended up causing these problems.

Phwoar - the phonelines should, in theory, be working now. That is what I've been told, anyway.

PompeyAl
15-11-2008, 01:15
off to bed, best of luck to all. If its stil not working when I get in from work tomorrow, guess I'll be contacting steam about a refund

myy1981
15-11-2008, 01:16
My product code is also not working!!!

brandon
authenticated now

i've launched and exited 10 times and no issues,

now i can go to bed ;)

youll be dissapointed when you wake up buddy then. you cant relaunch it! i authenticated mine 7 hours ago, quit the game and now i cant play it! all i get is this message-

"this unlock key is already active. to purchase an unlock key, please visit http://www.sigames.com"

sweet dreams! lol

Miles Jacobson
Same problem, I havn't been able to find a fix for this mentioned anywhere. Whenever i try to go back on it askes me to buy another code. Nice.

See Totti's post 2 posts up from yours - if he had the same issue, and fixed it in that way, it will hopefully work for you too.

Butler-WUFC
15-11-2008, 01:18
Absolute shocking......Get it fixed.....The fact that ive paid Ģ30 to buy FM 09 and can't get it on my PC makes me feel sick. Every other game that i've bought ever gets itself onto the PC but now I have to go to Asda, buy the CD, then put it the computer, go to Steam,have to enter my number,then download something that doesn't work.....Why would you change something that isn't broken?I expect for my Ģ30 at least an honest answer from someone near the top

jimi m
15-11-2008, 01:21
Miles,whats error 819 about says unable to process your unlock request,it also changes to error 821 and 820 sometimes....??????

Nero182
15-11-2008, 01:23
It seems when I start the game in steam it a box pops up and says here's ur code enter it when told...But the Authenticon software never comes up and it just starts the game! And when I just go threw the start menu the game just starts right away :O!.

What happened when I was out!?! lol?

BadgerBurgers
15-11-2008, 01:23
It seems a lot of you are now getting through and getting authenticated, which is very good news indeed.

I understand that some of you are still having issues, but it is now unlikely that these will get looked at properly til the morning. I can only apologise for this, but those of us who are still online and trying to get people up and running do not have the knowledge of the system to be able to help.

It's worth checking out Sega's customer support section at http://help.sega.com/index.php?loginresult=1&group=default&group=default&t=EnglishUK as there are a couple of FAQ's there, and I believe that you can also open tickets using your login details of this forum with their customer support who may well have answers quicker than we will.

Once again, I apologise to those who are still having issues, and will post in the coming days with details of what, exactly, happened in the last 24 hours that ended up causing these problems.

Phwoar - the phonelines should, in theory, be working now. That is what I've been told, anyway.

Thanks, I bet you have had a pretty ***** day? Once on, the game is very very good. I'm sure once I can get back on my life will be happy again.

shels1234
15-11-2008, 01:24
Basically, when i go to authenticate I get told that it can't be activated because it can't connect to the internet.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

brandon
15-11-2008, 01:25
See Totti's post 2 posts up from yours - if he had the same issue, and fixed it in that way, it will hopefully work for you too.

miles, ive tried that also. the game has worked on about 3 occassions. but everytime i exit more often than not im faced with STEAM asking for my code for the upteenth time and then faced with the message-

not good. not good at all since i bought this game at 10.30am this morning and espescially took the day off work.

BadgerBurgers
15-11-2008, 01:25
Basically, when i go to authenticate I get told that it can't be activated because it can't connect to the internet.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

I had that, but either i'm dumb or stubbon, and just kept on trying over and over, until it worked. ignore all of the messages, I went through a whole range of them. They appear to be random to an extent.

shels1234
15-11-2008, 01:29
Have had the same message all day though. Getting tired of doing it.

Sir_Liam
15-11-2008, 01:32
The phone line still isn't working for me. I've got through several times, type in the 16 digit activation key, press 1 to confirm it, and it says "I'm sorry but we cannot activate your game at this time", or something along those lines.

I will also add that I reset my computer, and the activation key changed when I loaded it up again. Is that supposed to happen?

Phwoar
15-11-2008, 01:37
Phwoar - the phonelines should, in theory, be working now. That is what I've been told, anyway. Thank you, I appreciate the response.

I've had three people check my keycode using the website, the activation code generated from it, and have had them enter the number on the phone line. I'm told that my account cannot be activated at this time.

Miles Jacobson
15-11-2008, 01:49
I really wish I could be of more help here, but as I mentioned in the post above, I don't personally know the ins and outs of the system.

Murray will be back online in the morning, as will Sega customer support to look into the tickets that are raised using the link I gave above.

I know none of that helps those of you that are having problems at the moment, and can only apologise for that. Which again, won't help much, but there's little else I personally can do at the moment.

VDVaart
15-11-2008, 01:51
Well after about 9 hours of trying i fianlly get this message.

We were unable to process your unlock request. To recieve a new key, please visit http://www.sigames.com

Error : [-821]

I'll try again in the morning but its bed time for now. Hope everyone else on the same boat is having better luck than me

Phwoar
15-11-2008, 01:56
I really wish I could be of more help here, but as I mentioned in the post above, I don't personally know the ins and outs of the system.

Murray will be back online in the morning, as will Sega customer support to look into the tickets that are raised using the link I gave above.

I know none of that helps those of you that are having problems at the moment, and can only apologise for that. Which again, won't help much, but there's little else I personally can do at the moment.Again I appreciate the response, but you're right that it's little consolation. If the problem had been acknowledged at all in the 16 or so hours since I started posting about it, maybe it would have been fixed already, or people wouldn't have left for the night assuming there was no problem to be fixed.

Chris Ritchie
15-11-2008, 01:59
We all know there's a problem. Unfortunately we also know that us still being in the building won't fix it. Trust me, we put the hours in.

FM06Matt
15-11-2008, 02:00
Mines already activated yet it wont let me play FM09 ****in *****

Miles Jacobson
15-11-2008, 02:36
Again I appreciate the response, but you're right that it's little consolation. If the problem had been acknowledged at all in the 16 or so hours since I started posting about it, maybe it would have been fixed already, or people wouldn't have left for the night assuming there was no problem to be fixed.

Phwoar - as I've said many times on the forums this evening, I'll be posting over the weekend with a full rundown of what has happened in the last 24 hours, with information from all of those that were involved with trying to sort it out.

It may have seemed that the problem was being ignored, but it wasn't. The people who were trying to get it all fixed were trying to do just that, and therefore posting on the forums became less of a priority than actually working on the issues. As I have already done, I can only apologise for that, but the primary aim was getting people up and running and whilst you, and some others aren't, which I know and fully understand is unacceptable for you, there were 50,000 people playing the game whilst the major issues were going on, and 40,000+ more since most of the issues have been sorted.

Now that the major issues are fixed, there will be more time for the tech guys to be able to sort out the individual users with what might be isolated cases, or could be affecting multiple users, but that's not going to happen til the morning now - Murray, or Muzchops as he is on the forums, should be back online and will help deal with the problems some people are still having.

asmith1977
15-11-2008, 02:52
Could I please have some help for my problem which is :

The game apparently installed via Steam (after 3 hours). I then click on the FM icon that appeared on my desktop and it comes up with a message saying "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0150002). Click on OK to terminate the application."

Nobody else seems to be reporting this problem so maybe I am being particularly thick and have done something wrong, or not done something ??

Thanks

davehanson
15-11-2008, 02:59
Could I please have some help for my problem which is :

The game apparently installed via Steam (after 3 hours). I then click on the FM icon that appeared on my desktop and it comes up with a message saying "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0150002). Click on OK to terminate the application."

Nobody else seems to be reporting this problem so maybe I am being particularly thick and have done something wrong, or not done something ??

Thanks

I had that 1st of all, well at least something very simlar. Go through this way to launch the game:

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2009 then double click the fm icon to run the game.

Miles Jacobson
15-11-2008, 03:13
For those who were having problems when activating through STEAM, can you please try again, and let us know if you are still having problems?

dannyj05
15-11-2008, 03:36
Thought i'd post a reply saying phonelines are working and just activated my game.

With teething problems out of way now hope to enjoy the game.

Thanks for working on the problems...

Oswaldo
15-11-2008, 03:41
Just tried activating again through stream the same softanchor box xomes up and im still receiving the same "cant connect to internet message"

projektion
15-11-2008, 03:58
Phwoar - as I've said many times on the forums this evening, I'll be posting over the weekend with a full rundown of what has happened in the last 24 hours, with information from all of those that were involved with trying to sort it out.

It may have seemed that the problem was being ignored, but it wasn't. The people who were trying to get it all fixed were trying to do just that, and therefore posting on the forums became less of a priority than actually working on the issues. As I have already done, I can only apologise for that, but the primary aim was getting people up and running and whilst you, and some others aren't, which I know and fully understand is unacceptable for you, there were 50,000 people playing the game whilst the major issues were going on, and 40,000+ more since most of the issues have been sorted.

Now that the major issues are fixed, there will be more time for the tech guys to be able to sort out the individual users with what might be isolated cases, or could be affecting multiple users, but that's not going to happen til the morning now - Murray, or Muzchops as he is on the forums, should be back online and will help deal with the problems some people are still having.

I'm sure this 'statement' will help pacify those that have had major headaches with this current release so more power to you. *rolls eyes*.

ZeistBSkool
15-11-2008, 04:07
Miles and everybody if helpful

If I try to Install with UNILOC, i get th message " Windows cannot access the device, path or specified file. Maybe you don't have the right permissions to access this item" ( maybe the english is different, because im translating this from portuguese )

If I try STEAM, the message is that "the game is not available" even If I'm just finished installing it !

I thought I would be playing all night but I couldmn't even star it !

PLEASE HELP

bigfootedfred
15-11-2008, 04:13
zeist.

are you on vista?

if so, try "run as administrator"

akkm
15-11-2008, 04:15
I have just made 5 phone calls from an irish mobile to the UK phoneline (as irish one is closed) and i kept getting cut off at the 3rd step for activation codes. At that point it told me that the code i got from the back of the manual was invalid, even tho it allowed me to get 3 codes into the process !!! It then just cuts me off. Is this going to be rectified or what ?

And what of the cost of 5 international phone calls to a premium line which does not do what its supposed to ie to enable the playing of a product which gives no indication that i need to activate anything in the first place.

masonsfc1
15-11-2008, 04:23
DANNYJO5.......i have gone through the phone process 3 times now and have entered all rsponse keys, and auth keys, after the last auth key nothing happens? the phone line says im activated but nothing on the comp!! did you have to do anything after the last auth key?

projektion
15-11-2008, 04:26
I have just made 5 phone calls from an irish mobile to the UK phoneline (as irish one is closed) and i kept getting cut off at the 3rd step for activation codes. At that point it told me that the code i got from the back of the manual was invalid, even tho it allowed me to get 3 codes into the process !!! It then just cuts me off. Is this going to be rectified or what ?

And what of the cost of 5 international phone calls to a premium line which does not do what its supposed to ie to enable the playing of a product which gives no indication that i need to activate anything in the first place.

Hey Akkm, don't worry...their little 'statement' will be your compensation so I'm sure you can hardly wait. Guess what as well? They'll detail what they've been doing for the past twenty four hours after this horrific system they forced upon you to try to get it working! Now if that's not worth all the money you've spent trying to get your game active, I don't know what is.

Vanq69
15-11-2008, 04:34
Hi there, after a day of trying I finally got FM to work around 11pm which was great, was enjoying a nice game before my laptop decided my day hadnt quite been stressful enough and would simply decide to erupt into flames making it as dead as a dodo.

Now I have got onto my older XP computer, which meets the minimum spec, have tried installing the game, downloaded steam again. I believe I have installed it correctly but there is very little in program files, but it did patch it.

Then when I click on launch game, the "preparing FM" window pops up for about 3 seconds, disappears and nothing else happens. I havent got to softanchor on this computer yet if thats what its waiting for.

Hope someone can help, even though its late.

Tottiseiya
15-11-2008, 04:41
Hope everything goes well.

masonsfc1
15-11-2008, 05:05
here i go again, 12 hours trying yesterday, 5am start today!! i need to get out more!

Kev1nGraham
15-11-2008, 06:53
i have validated my FM09 keycode, i have tried the uniloc and steam installation methods and still i get the message from softanchor saying the application was unable to connect to the internet.

I have performed a windows update, deleted the certificate folder, tried numerous times uninstalling/re-installing but nothing seems to let me run the game.

Any advice on things to try next?

Windymillar
15-11-2008, 07:01
Like most folk I am getting this message:

Tried installing it both ways. Twice with the code on the back, and twice with the code I inserted on the site which came up different, just won't work at all

champlodge
15-11-2008, 07:05
Doesn't seem like there's any point activating at the moment anyway because we won't be able to quit and play it again. Why hasn't there been any explanation for Error: [-821]. These error codes must mean something to SI/SEGA/SoftWanchor?

serdario1
15-11-2008, 07:19
Those who have still having problem : not connected to internet.
If u are on vista, disable UAC(user account control) then make sure windows date is correct and restart.
I did, activated after 1 try.I had the same problem like 5-6 hours and now it s working.

JCL
15-11-2008, 07:23
I get error -1003 when i try to activate. When I try http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/ it says itīs unable to find my key. I have two 0 and two 1 and i have tried so many combinations that I canīt even remember wich I have tried anymore. The pirates are winning again... I read on piratebay that they canīt go on vacation but everything else works for them...

Harlow Brown
15-11-2008, 07:36
Those who have still having problem : not connected to internet.
If u are on vista, disable UAC(user account control).

How do you do this mate?

davewilson90
15-11-2008, 07:36
when i try to launch game i get CANNOT RUN GAME FAILED TO SET UP GRAPHICS SYSTEM is this a common thing or is it me??

JCL
15-11-2008, 07:45
How do you do this mate?

Klick on the picture on top of your start meny and it will take you to user accounts or something like that and on the bottom of that screen there is an option for turning off UAC.

pjburrage
15-11-2008, 07:50
For those who were having problems when activating through STEAM, can you please try again, and let us know if you are still having problems?

I have tried again, however I am still getting the same issue. Having downloaded the game, I've taken not of the key code, and then gone to activate and entered it in - yet keep getting the same issue.

This is a screencap of what the error says:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3203/3031660670_8f9bd11caf_o.jpg

Hope you (or one of your tech guys) can help.

pjburrage
15-11-2008, 07:55
hmm seems I can play the game through Steam though :confused:

Marc Duffy
15-11-2008, 07:58
I have tried again, however I am still getting the same issue. Having downloaded the game, I've taken not of the key code, and then gone to activate and entered it in - yet keep getting the same issue.

This is a screencap of what the error says:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3203/3031660670_8f9bd11caf_o.jpg

Hope you (or one of your tech guys) can help.
Have you checked the code against this site first : http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/

Marc Duffy
15-11-2008, 07:58
when i try to launch game i get CANNOT RUN GAME FAILED TO SET UP GRAPHICS SYSTEM is this a common thing or is it me??
I believe it's a directX issue and can be fixed by downloading this file : http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=5493F76A-6D37-478D-BA17-28B1CCA4865A&displaylang=en

pjburrage
15-11-2008, 08:05
Have you checked the code against this site first : http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/

yeah I had done, Ii even made sure I copied to Notepad, and typed it in rather than just ctrl+V

But as I said in my next post, I'm able to play the game through Steam?

Marc Duffy
15-11-2008, 08:07
Ok, well you are up and running now then which is the main thing...right?

Harlow Brown
15-11-2008, 08:11
Wow, for some reason I found that despite being shut down, ZoneAlarm still had its firewall running. I opened the program back up and tried running activation, the pop up asked for permission to the internet, i accepted and finally it registered.

I think the motto here is, beware secretly running firewalls.

Buzzell
15-11-2008, 08:13
Im getting the same problem with the Graphics problem! I click on http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en to download what I need and the page dont load up! :@ Getting pretty ****ed off now!!

UmaX
15-11-2008, 08:15
Well, now I can activate the game. It says: "Thank you. This installation of Football Manager 2009 Certificate has been activated under Product Key: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" But when I click "Ok" nothing happens. When I try to open the game after this, it goes back to the activation window..

Italiano
15-11-2008, 08:15
I am still unable to authenticate by phone. Thought I'd try this morning before work and I get to 3rd input of 16 digit code entry, then get a message saying my product key code is invalid. It's the correct code from my manual and I've pasted it after using the key determination tool thing. Is this a known problem? Anyone been able to activate via phone yet?

Marc Duffy
15-11-2008, 08:17
Seen a few people say they had firewalls at work on their machine that they disabled and this then worked.

Marc Duffy
15-11-2008, 08:18
I am still unable to authenticate by phone. Thought I'd try this morning before work and I get to 3rd input of 16 digit code entry, then get a message saying my product key code is invalid. It's the correct code from my manual and I've pasted it after using the key determination tool thing. Is this a known problem? Anyone been able to activate via phone yet?
I've seen a few people with this problem this morning and I've flagged it with the relevant people to get sorted asap.

Marc Duffy
15-11-2008, 08:18
You know what's more annoying than this game not working?

Posting 20 times over the course of over 12 hours that the phone authentication system isn't working, and NOT RECEIVING A SINGLE RESPONSE FORM SI/SEGA ACKNOWLEDGING THIS.

There have been dozens of posts regarding phone activation, but no help given.

FFS. SORT IT OUT.
See the post above. I'm on it.

Italiano
15-11-2008, 08:19
I've seen a few people with this problem this morning and I've flagged it with the relevant people to get sorted asap.

Ok, thanks :)

champlodge
15-11-2008, 08:22
I'm going to ask again...

Doesn't seem like there's any point activating at the moment anyway because we won't be able to quit and play it again. Why hasn't there been any explanation for Error: [-821]. These error codes must mean something to SI/SEGA/SoftWanchor?

Harlow Brown
15-11-2008, 08:24
Seen a few people say they had firewalls at work on their machine that they disabled and this then worked.

In contrast, I had to turn mine on. I think I'm just awkward though

Marc Duffy
15-11-2008, 08:25
I'm going to ask again...

I'm trying to get more info on the error codes.

Buzzell
15-11-2008, 08:27
Does anybody know any websites where i can get the DirectX Software Development Kit from? I went on to microsoft and the page doesnt load up, just says 'Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage' Please help?

Pickles
15-11-2008, 08:28
complete ****ing shambles.

Marc Duffy
15-11-2008, 08:29
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Programming/SDK-DDK/DirectX-Software-Development-Kit.shtml

Marc Duffy
15-11-2008, 08:29
complete ****ing shambles.
Thanks for your constructive post.

Buzzell
15-11-2008, 08:30
Still the page wont load up :(

Any other websites??

daniswolves123
15-11-2008, 08:31
im still getting the cannot connect to the internet problem, is there a fix for this yet? please help, ive installed the game through team and uniloc

JCL
15-11-2008, 08:31

Thank you for a useless game...

Marc Duffy
15-11-2008, 08:32
im still getting the cannot connect to the internet problem, is there a fix for this yet? please help, ive installed the game through team and uniloc
Can you check your firewall? It could be something is preventing your PC connecting to the authentication server.

davidwindall
15-11-2008, 08:33
Well clicking Launch from within Steam gets me a Vista message saying "Football Manager has stopped working." All I can do from there is close. Absolutely flummoxed as to what I should try.

I'm still getting this issue which appears a little different from everyone else. Any thoughts on what I should be doing?

alex.padmore
Hi,

I have been trying since 4.00pm yesterday with no luck.

"I am getting a 703 error: We were unable to process your unlock request. To recieve a new key please visit sigames.com."

Please please help!

Piers Barton
What is error 819 piers, i have tried since 1800 yesterday, and i am becoming increasingly frustrated, thinking, why cant u enter a code on install and then play it

UmaX
15-11-2008, 08:34
http://www.fmsuomi.com/forum/download/file.php?id=211

WHAT SHOULD I DO?!?!? After I click Ok nothing happens!!!!

alex.padmore
15-11-2008, 08:35
Is the phone system up? If so why do i have no option to activate by phone??

daniswolves123
15-11-2008, 08:35
Can you check your firewall? It could be something is preventing your PC connecting to the authentication server.

My firewall is switched off, and ive turned off user account control. my windows date is correcy aswell. been trying since 10am yesterday, im like a zombie now

jasewood
15-11-2008, 08:39
I waited nearly 24 hours to play my game - I urge anyone on vista to run the fm.exe by right clicking and choosing run as admin.

It might not work but the 1st time I done that it went through

Pickles
15-11-2008, 08:39

thanks for your constructive game

oh no, was about as constructive as my post. oops.

mate, i don't wanna moan, but this is taking the ****.

jasewood
15-11-2008, 08:40
http://www.fmsuomi.com/forum/download/file.php?id=211

WHAT SHOULD I DO?!?!? After I click Ok nothing happens!!!!

Play,Play,Play.

I Would go into your C drive and find the fm.exe and make a shortcut on your desktop to be safe

LutonNil
15-11-2008, 08:43
1. I uploaded game to Steam - activated on there and updated no problem - yay

2. When I launch the game I get another white window - it has Sports Interactive in the title bar
It says "your trial period has EXPIRED - Please visit http://www.sigames.com" (the link opens IE which I cannot use)
Then there are 5 boxes to put the product key into (key has been verified on the footballmanager.com site)
Then there is another link "How to find your product key" (opens in IE again but doesn't connect)
Then there is a box called Checksum - sometimes there is a value in there, sometimes not
Then there is a box with "Product activation options" - there are NO options
Underneath this are the words
PASTE
NEXT
CANCEL

I cannot click on ANYTHING to continue - I DO NOT GET A MESSAGE SAYING I CANNOT CONNECT

I haven't seen anyone else with this problem

What is wrong? - Is there a problem with firefox?

Last try before I return the game

This is the fourth time I have posted this - no answers

UmaX
15-11-2008, 08:44
Play,Play,Play.

I Would go into your C drive and find the fm.exe and make a shortcut on your desktop to be safe

But I cant play.. If I click the fm.exe it opens the online activation screen...

Pickles
15-11-2008, 08:44
Miles is busy counting our cash

Marc Duffy
15-11-2008, 08:47
Pickles, I would ask that you refrain from posting in your current tone. I'm afraid if you continue to do so it will result in a ban.

Marc Duffy
15-11-2008, 08:47
thanks for your constructive game

oh no, was about as constructive as my post. oops.

mate, i don't wanna moan, but this is taking the ****.
and we're working hard to get things sorted....

Pickles
15-11-2008, 08:49
okay, probably good that i've got to go out now eh?

i know it's no-one's fault it particular, i'm just a bit miffed. that's all. and also a little confused as to why we need so much protection for a computer game. it hasn't worked as i've been sent the cracked version already (which i don't want to use, but if I can't get my paid version to work then what choice do i have?)

shrewsbury
whats error 51 mean

treble99united
I installed twice through steam with authentication accepted only to then still have to authenticate through softanchor which told me I had to connect to internet (which I was). I uninstalled everything and tried installing again through uniloc instead. After finally getting through this morning to autenticate over the phone I inserted my code, and I was given a response key. After entering this the phone message told me a new activation key should appear. This didn't happen. So when I was asked to enter new code I didn't have one. Entering my first one didn't work either. Can anyone help?!!! Would love to take the game back as I've have enough but due to it being opened I can't even get a refund! So annoyed.

JCL
15-11-2008, 08:50

Which you should have done before you released the game...

Pickles
15-11-2008, 08:50

good. sorry for being a dribbling moaning mess this morning :D i'm tired and frustrated.

colufan
15-11-2008, 08:51
I don't want to moan about SI or anything like that. I think it's quite clear most of us are having problems playing what was a much anticipated game. I simply want some help from the form of a polite request. Let me explain my situation because I haven't seen this on other threads and any help would be much appreciated after 12 hours of trying to figure it out.

I had no problems installing initially. put the cd in, was asked for no activation code and it installed fine until I went to play and it said it couldn't initialize.

So i clicked on the icon via My Computer and installed through STEAM and the activation code etc. What annoyed me was buying the game on CD then still having to download off the internet. Why couldn't it have been a simple install and play like previous years??

I had problems with the STEAM server but now it says it's installed and everything, yet there is no evidence, no files on my laptop and now it won't launch from STEAM

It also won't auto run or load from the CD icon. This is infuriating now. I have a CD which isn't recognised and after spending 6 hours downloading from STEAM, wasting my internet credit, it won't load. Why???
Please can Miles or someone with a technical mind give me an insight, or something to brighten up a truly awful day. I would like a response from SI too as to these bizarre problems

Please help guys, thanks

serdario1
15-11-2008, 08:57
here is how to disable UAC on vista:

go to Start menu and click run.
type there msconfig
after msconfig pops up , go to tools section and find disable UAC .then launch it and reboot.Be sure that your computers date is correct.then find fm.exe and right click on it and run as administrator.
me and my friend tried this way and worked in 1st go after trying like 5-6 hours yesterday and 1-2 hours today.

Matty Kyle
15-11-2008, 09:00
Guys give them a ****ing break there obviously trying there hardest to solve the problem, there was Miles online at 3am trying to sort it without any knowledge of the third party system at all, but still stayed taking the crap.

Please just be patient, yes its a arse, but posting ****ing this ****ing that on here doesnt solve anything. Simple state your problem.

Kharn9
15-11-2008, 09:05
Hi,
Here is my problem : after typing in my Keycode, I'm always provided with either error 51 or 703, please what should I do to get it fixed ?

Fishy1
15-11-2008, 09:06
Morning Marc/Miles,

I won't ask if either of you slept well ;o)

I'm having a similar problem to the previous poster in that when I'm trying to launch the game through Steam this morning, it's telling me that the game is currently unavailable and to please try later. I'm sure you don't need me to use colourful language to understand why this is a complete farce - I have registered the game, it's installed on my machine, the disk is in the drive.....and yet I have to try and fit my playing time around when it's convenient to a third party?!

I assumed having finally got the game installed at 2.00am this morning, some 17 hours after purchasing it, that I over the worst. Foolish boy!

Could you please explain why having gone through the activation process the game is then not free to use as and when I feel like it? Am I always going to be at the mercy of Steam?

It's a shame for you guys having spent so many years gaining such a loyal fanbase that some numpty at Sega (unless one of you wishes to admit responsibility?!) has done quite so much damage with this activation process.

Anyway, I'm sure you've got enough mail to work through this morning, so I'm off to grab myself a much needed coffee.

Marc Duffy
15-11-2008, 09:10
Morning Marc/Miles,

I won't ask if either of you slept well ;o)

I'm having a similar problem to the previous poster in that when I'm trying to launch the game through Steam this morning, it's telling me that the game is currently unavailable and to please try later. I'm sure you don't need me to use colourful language to understand why this is a complete farce - I have registered the game, it's installed on my machine, the disk is in the drive.....and yet I have to try and fit my playing time around when it's convenient to a third party?!

I assumed having finally got the game installed at 2.00am this morning, some 17 hours after purchasing it, that I over the worst. Foolish boy!

Could you please explain why having gone through the activation process the game is then not free to use as and when I feel like it? Am I always going to be at the mercy of Steam?

It's a shame for you guys having spent so many years gaining such a loyal fanbase that some numpty at Sega (unless one of you wishes to admit responsibility?!) has done quite so much damage with this activation process.

Anyway, I'm sure you've got enough mail to work through this morning, so I'm off to grab myself a much needed coffee.
I've sent an email requesting more info. I understand your frustration and I hope we can get this sorted as soon as possible.

makle
15-11-2008, 09:13
I'm having the same problem as UmaX, it tells me that activation was successful, but I still get the softanchor screen.

Fishy1
15-11-2008, 09:13
I've sent an email requesting more info. I understand your frustration and I hope we can get this sorted as soon as possible.

Thanks Marc, much appreciated.

babyburns
15-11-2008, 09:22
on mine it wont let me go to game. on the softanchor i enter key and press ok and it says 'the unlock key is already active. to purchase an unlock key, please visit sigames.com'. i cannot get beyond that

Bicky
15-11-2008, 09:27
Yesterday I bought footballmanager 2009, after long trying I finally succeded to activate my game. But now I'll tryed to play the game again and he ask me again to activate my game. If i give my activationkey he says that this key is already used, ofcourse it's allready used I used it. What can I do about this

Slappy UK
15-11-2008, 09:28
I took a day's annual leave yesterday to buy the game and play it but after 8 hours of not having my password activatied I'm gonna try again today but I don't want to waste more time doing nothing other than clicking back and next as has been suggested. I'm consider downloading this " steam " as people have talked about but I'm wonderingw hat people's views and pro's and cons are for this system ?????

Many thanks in advance

Slappy

mikeseel82
Guys....

So i tried to authenticate my copy until 4.30am. I unfortunately don't have the internet at home and as i type i'm at work. I got through to the stupid american dude on the phone everytime but when it got to the third step of authentication i got "were sorry this licence key is invalid for the game you are playing". Well seen as though i bought it from "Game" yesterday morning, thats a lie. I posted the key into your lookup thing and tried that, along with every combination of o's and 0's i could think of (around 12) and cause i don't have a land line at the mo (brand new building with bt issues) this was at great expense on my pay as you go mobile!!!

Basically can you help??? I want to play the game and while i'm not as angry as some of you, i'm probably more dissappointed as i've owned every game since the original CM2. All i wanna do is play!!!

Fishy1

Coffe seems to do the trick, it's now launching the game through Steam.

It would be great if you could clarify if this is going to be an ongoing problem though.

The other question I have (and apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere) regards Steam - will we always need this open in order to play the game, and if so, will we always need to be connected to the internet?

Kaka_Canary
15-11-2008, 09:30
It's working!

Finally got it working 00:30 last night. Still working this morning. I think, but no time to play now!

Make sure you eject the disk one installation complete.

Also why do I not have a full FM09 icon on my desktop? I have an icon but it doesn't look like the game has fully installed?

Terras-FM
15-11-2008, 09:33
This is really a joke i have got loads of my mates to buy the game and theres isnt working i cant get past the authentication part ive downloaded my game then when i go to open it it opens soft anchor then i put the key code in and it says its denied please dont just say put it into the key look up because it denys it its like ive got a code thats invalid what shall i do i want an answer quick ive tooken the weekend off work to play this and after 24 hours its still not working.
Answer quick please

Bicky
15-11-2008, 09:34
Yesterday I bought footballmanager 2009, after long trying I finally succeded to activate my game. But now I'll tryed to play the game again and he ask me again to activate my game. If i give my activationkey he says that this key is already used, ofcourse it's allready used I used it. What can I do about this

lww23
15-11-2008, 09:34

Morning,

just regard to your comment ''If you are getting a "1003" error, that means that you are putting the key in incorrectly.''

Well im not! ! must have copied, then pasted from the link you've set up advising me of the '0' & 'o' issues you had, 3/4 characters at a time carefully placed into there individual boxes on the anchor link and still the message 1003 error,

all i wanna do is be the manager of arsenal and buy a defensive midfielder!

Muzchap
15-11-2008, 09:38
This is really a joke i have got loads of my mates to buy the game and theres isnt working i cant get past the authentication part ive downloaded my game then when i go to open it it opens soft anchor then i put the key code in and it says its denied please dont just say put it into the key look up because it denys it its like ive got a code thats invalid what shall i do i want an answer quick ive tooken the weekend off work to play this and after 24 hours its still not working.
Answer quick please

You are getting your keycode wrong - please try again.

O and 0 - pick one - keep it consistent throughout
1 and I - pick one - keep it consistent throughout

We've also seen an issue where 7 looks like T and vice-versa.

Once you have your key ascertained you will play.

Muzchap
15-11-2008, 09:39
Guys....

So i tried to authenticate my copy until 4.30am. I unfortunately don't have the internet at home and as i type i'm at work. I got through to the stupid american dude on the phone everytime but when it got to the third step of authentication i got "were sorry this licence key is invalid for the game you are playing". Well seen as though i bought it from "Game" yesterday morning, thats a lie. I posted the key into your lookup thing and tried that, along with every combination of o's and 0's i could think of (around 12) and cause i don't have a land line at the mo (brand new building with bt issues) this was at great expense on my pay as you go mobile!!!

Basically can you help??? I want to play the game and while i'm not as angry as some of you, i'm probably more dissappointed as i've owned every game since the original CM2. All i wanna do is play!!!

Hi can you PM me - I'll try to assist.

Bicky
15-11-2008, 09:39
where do you see the number of the error. ore the code of the error?

ms998
15-11-2008, 09:40
What ever happened to zeros where you put a line through it to differniate between 0 and o. The same point applies to I with eiher lower case to be used or a suitable font.

I pity those with poor eyesight who will struggle even further.

Ched
15-11-2008, 09:40
Still trying to activate by phone and its still not working:

I've checked my key on the soft anchor site and it is now correct. (at least according to the site)

I phone the activation line and get to entering the 3rd activation key before it tells me it is not valid.

What exactly am i supposed to do??

Bicky
15-11-2008, 09:43
what can I do about the problem that I allready activated my game but that he ask me to activate it again and if a give my code he says that this code is allready used. What can I do please help me I just want to play my new game. Why do they have to make the activation so difficult.

andow2
I'm at a loss.......unbelieveable incompetance doesn't cover it.

This is way too much effort to install a game.

I'm sure SI didn't intentionally set out to destroy their reputation, but thats whats happened. I know of 5 people who bought the game (including me). 4 of us are sending it back for a refund and will likely not return for another SI fiasco. The other is an FM addict and is sticking with it, so fair play to him. I have been buying the product since version 1.0, games in general since 1986 and can honestly say, I've never known anything like it.

This DRM scenario was always likely to lead to tears and punish the law abiding people who actually buy the game.......this unfortunately sends out a clear message that if you want to play the game trouble free you're better off downloading it for free with the DRM removed....nice one.

I hope other companies learn a lesson here on what can go wrong when you complicate a simple process by getting greedy/paranoid.

Not only were we unable to play the game, no, further to that we have been fobbed off by ridiculous statements telling us they didn't expect such demand from one of the worlds most popular and highest selling games.....have they employed idiots?

Further to this the communications blackouts have been a cause of frustration to everybody.

I don't understand how a software release can have been so badly messed up.

I work in I.T and if I messed up like this I wouldn't have a job.......:thdn:

Ched
Oh, and now the phone number is "temporarily unavailable"

lww23
15-11-2008, 09:46
has anyone been successful with 'telephone activation' ?

ClownCollege
15-11-2008, 09:48
Ive still got the unable to connect to internet problem on softanchor, whats going on i thought it was all sorted?

Bicky
15-11-2008, 09:49
what can I do about the problem that I allready activated my game but that he ask me to activate it again and if a give my code he says that this code is allready used. What can I do please help me I just want to play my new game. Why do they have to make the activation so difficult.

lww23
15-11-2008, 09:50
come on Si get some replys on here. were all in the same boat and are unable to help each other....

WhatABoy1234
15-11-2008, 09:53
I'm getting the message from Soft Anchor saying i'm not connected to the internet. Very frustrated, game arrived this morning. Was keen to get some play in today before i'm off for the weekend. Do we just have to eep trying with this?

ClownCollege
OH MY GOD ITS AUTHENTICATED!! But now i have some graphics ysmtem problem?!

russ81
From 5:30 yesterday i was trying to install this thing finally at 2:30am this morning it work and i got in. Decided to go to bed and not start a game to try and get some sleep got up early to start finally playing only to find it again asks me to activate the game again and then tell me my key has already been used (of course it has i used a few hours ago!!!!) can someone tell me wwhats going on and when this will be fixed?

Bicky
15-11-2008, 09:54
man I just want to play the game what in the hell happens overthere at SI. Please just help us we bought your game so now it's your turn to help us. I buy this game because I want to give a reward to the makers but if it doesn't work it wil be the last time that I bought it and maybe it's more easy to download it. I know that this doesn't sound good and I'm not a fan of downloading but if it works with a downloaded game and not with the original game...

russ81
15-11-2008, 09:55
Just got it fixed using the desktop shortcut i put on you have to right click and run as admin!

Celts1888
1. I uploaded game to Steam - activated on there and updated no problem - yay

2. When I launch the game I get another white window - it has Sports Interactive in the title bar
It says "your trial period has EXPIRED - Please visit http://www.sigames.com" (the link opens IE which I cannot use)
Then there are 5 boxes to put the product key into (key has been verified on the footballmanager.com site)
Then there is another link "How to find your product key" (opens in IE again but doesn't connect)
Then there is a box called Checksum - sometimes there is a value in there, sometimes not
Then there is a box with "Product activation options" - there are NO options
Underneath this are the words
PASTE
NEXT
CANCEL

I cannot click on ANYTHING to continue - I DO NOT GET A MESSAGE SAYING I CANNOT CONNECT

I haven't seen anyone else with this problem

What is wrong? - Is there a problem with firefox?

Last try before I return the game

This is the fourth time I have posted this - no answers

I have the exact same problem except I got to play my game then I saved and quit, I restarted 1 hour later to get the message your trial has expired, I am also using firefox.

Bicky
russ81 I have just the same problem but don't know what to do about it.

GioGio85
Mine still is nnot activating and it is 10am on saturday. I am on the intenret and I still gget the 'not connected message".....please help!

lww23
15-11-2008, 09:57
ITS BLOODY ACTIVATED ddddeeeeellliiiigggghhhhhhhhttteeedd

Bicky
15-11-2008, 09:58
ok but than I need to know the password of the admin

russ81
15-11-2008, 09:59
Bicky that will be the admin password on your computer, go to user accounts in control panel and try and reset it if your not sure

Bicky
15-11-2008, 10:07
how do I get there
I'm not a computer specialist

etel66
15-11-2008, 10:08
what a nightmare spent all last night trying to sort this out,got to the orange box bit typed in the key code again and it said it had expired but cant even get to that no its saying cannot run game failed to setup graphics system,please someone help,im going mad i buy this game every year,just want it to work,please help!!!!

Bicky
15-11-2008, 10:10
Ok I got there but I only see my account witch is the owner and the guest but I don't see the admin.

WhatABoy1234
15-11-2008, 10:14
This is pretty poor really. Who knows how long i'm going to be sat here trying to get this activated! Knowing how this has gone from demo through to now (I haven't mplayed a single second of FM09 yet) then i'm sure this won't be the end of my problems.

Sorry SI, but clearly better planning is needed next time.

SOLOJUVENTUS
15-11-2008, 10:18
I still can't get any Cd-Key from softanchorinsight and I don't get any "Phone activation" (with 16 numbers)
I don't know what to do now..

Fatboykim
15-11-2008, 10:29
Still getting that "your not connected to the internet" after 22 hours of tryin!

Fifty
15-11-2008, 10:30
'We're sorry but this installation of Football Manager 2009 certificate could not be activated for the following reason: The application was unable to connect to the internet. Please check your connection. For help please visit http://www.sigames.com.

Chapman6159
15-11-2008, 10:33
think it may have 24 hours for hours of trying!! :( all i want 2 do is play the f*cking game! people i know actually have it working that depresses me even more! hopefully will get my code to actually work before FM10 comes out, but nae 2 sure.

jimi m
15-11-2008, 10:33
i cant believe its still not fixed yet

im still gettin error 821,error 820 or error 819

Tim Bayliss
15-11-2008, 10:40
My friend woke up at 8am yesterday and went and bought it.

I sat there while it updated Steam and I had to type in the key like 3 times.

Anyway, it does not authenticate, we've been trying for like 24 hours every 20 mins.

It says "internet not connected" in the stupid auth window.

Which is complete rubbish cause Steam works - and the key is FINE - I pasted it off Steam "Copy CDKEY" thing.

Now, after having a broken FMLive account for 3 months with no fix, witnessing this just makes me laugh.

My friend paid good money to play it.

This just proves why you should pirate games. People who get up early and pay good money have to go through RUBBISH authentication procedures which DONT EVEN WORK ---- while people who pirated the game are playing and enjoying themselves.

Sort it out or I will tell him to download it for free. At least then he will get to play it.

Excuse my tone but after having a broken FMLive Account for like 3 months I have already witnessed your previous fail over simple server issues first hand.

2 occasions now where it's been obvious to see the SEGA Servers not up to scratch (after 2 FMLive gameworlds managed to delete themselves... hmm yes)

Soulditch
15-11-2008, 10:44
Yesterday evening I managed to play the game.

Now I'm back from work and want to play again.
After filling in the bloody code again, it tells me that the code is already active and I need to buy a new one.

I'm using the steam thingie.
Also, I tried several options, like making a shortcut. Nothing seems to work.

What should I do?

Van Macintosh
15-11-2008, 10:45
I thought i'd got through then!!! Phone activation system started working again, i got through the first 16 digit code which hasn't happened before but when i entered the third, bam!! your code is invalid!! i've checked my key code and its definately correct?? whats going on. anyone gunna refund these calls for me as there not free on a mobile??

WhatABoy1234
15-11-2008, 10:45
Any of you chaps got the phone number to activate? Can't find this on myy brief looka round.

FFFJeff
15-11-2008, 10:46
Error 51 anyone else? :(

makle
15-11-2008, 10:48
I've been through phone activation too now, and it told me (like online activation) that it was successful. But when I try to start FM again, softanchor appears again....

Muzchap
15-11-2008, 10:51
Ive still got the unable to connect to internet problem on softanchor, whats going on i thought it was all sorted?

Please see this post: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=62568