3D Match Engine = SUPERB!!

:D I hated the demo 3d match engine but whatever SI have done over the last 2 weeks have totally sorted it out!! BRILLIANT. You lot must of been working hard!

Cheers for a GREAT game

Lee

Can you elaborate on this mate?

The 3D engine was the one thing I didn't like about the demo.. I loved every other bit of the game.

What's different about it in the full game?

The 3D engine was the one thing I didn't like about the demo.. I loved every other bit of the game.

For me the 3D is now smooth, no more juddering or lag, 3D loads up pretty fast, 3D engine seems improved...feels better somehow.

Goalies are the only thing what does need sorting.

From penalty's they can't get antwhere near the corners it's like their playing in giant goals but that's my only bad point.

Peter evo have you tried windowed mode or playing about with your screen resolutions?

They have just tighten the match engine alot. I got a measly 1.4Ghz Laptop and its running superbly, the full game seems lighter than the demo itself. The 3d Match engine is much sharper than the demo version :)

I had been getting the beta versions to test as I am a researcher and never liked the 3D and always used the 2D classic but now with the patch I love the 3D and will never go back. Something just seems better. Lots of little things I suppose just smoother more animations and so it looks way more realistic.

Still not perfect but it is now good enough to make it better than 2D.

yeh must admit, demo really put me off the 3d engine, looked tacky and wasn't very realistic (players standing still for ages, eratic goalkeeping etc..). but after the patch, it's much better, realistic, smoother. still looks like a sega mega drive game, lots to improve for 2010, but a good starting 3d engine.

peter-evo a word of advice...don't go crazy now just because something does no go good for you like alot of the people on these forums.

First things first...have you run the game without the patch?...its the same as the demo and if your match engine works then the patch is the problem. If it does not work without the patch try uninstalling the game then re-installing as an error might have occured during installation.

peter-evo a word of advice...don't go crazy now just because something does no go good for you like alot of the people on these forums.

First things first...have you run the game without the patch?...its the same as the demo and if your match engine works then the patch is the problem. If it does not work without the patch try uninstalling the game then re-installing as an error might have occured during installation.

Also if you have the demo installed see if the match engine works on there to make sure.

I can definitely see some improvements over the demo but it is still very far from being superb IMO. Animations need a lot of work. The short pass, long pass, crossing and shooting animations all basically look the same. That's the main thing that makes the match look so unnatural. Also, as it's been said, goalies need sorting as well.

Looking forward to see how much will 3D be improved in future. For now, I still prefer 2D.

But the important thing is, has the lag where the players on my demo ran for a second slowed, the run again, slowed..

Has anyone else noticed that in their demo but gone in their full game?

I was set on not getting it this year and getting FM10 when a few bugs could be sorted properly.. but i'll be damned if I'm now not interested in getting this years offering after these recent 'reviews' on here.

Archived