Cristiano Ronaldo instructions

Tell him to flounce about like the ponce he is, dive a lot, score only against weaker teams, then bugger off to Real Madrid asap.

It's not my fault that Ronny is far the best player in the world :) he's not just scoring against weak teams. try to remeber some of his crucial goals in the last seasons :)

ok, so the problem here is that your instructions for Ronaldo are going to have to tie in with your team tactics to some degree. Which if I was playing as Man U (I'm not and I won't :D ) wouldn't necessarily be a problem becasue I like my teams to play expansive attacking attractive football. Of course Man U have the players with the ability to do this. However if you prefer to play a more defensive game then getting Ronaldo to do what your looking for is going to potentially seriously unbalance your team.

I'm guessing that if you are trying to get Ronaldo to act as closer to real life as possible you will probably be taking this approach to the rest of the team. In this case can I direct you to this thread, Tactical Theorems & Frameworks 09 , as quite simply the best thread on tactics availible in this forum.

Hope this helps

ok, so the problem here is that your instructions for Ronaldo are going to have to tie in with your team tactics to some degree. Which if I was playing as Man U (I'm not and I won't :D ) wouldn't necessarily be a problem becasue I like my teams to play expansive attacking attractive football. Of course Man U have the players with the ability to do this. However if you prefer to play a more defensive game then getting Ronaldo to do what your looking for is going to potentially seriously unbalance your team.

I'm guessing that if you are trying to get Ronaldo to act as closer to real life as possible you will probably be taking this approach to the rest of the team. In this case can I direct you to this thread, Tactical Theorems & Frameworks 09 , as quite simply the best thread on tactics availible in this forum.

Hope this helps

Beautiful reply Celtic1967 - I have set Ronny up with about 75% creative freedom, running a lot with ball and passing short, crossing from byline and long shots about 75% enabled - won a couple of MVPs with this

Hope this helps

you are very kind :thup: thx a lot :)

Hope this helps

Hope this helps

Metality: to be balanced with your team

Creative freedom: high

passing: short/mixed

closing down: close to the same as mentality (1 or 2 notches higher)

tackling: mixed / hard

Forward runs: often

Run with ball: often

Long shots: rarely / mixed

through ball: rarely

cross ball: rarely

cross from: byline

cross to: mixed / target man

free role: yes

hold up ball: no

i use these setting for messi, there are a very similar player.

messi has scored 11 goals in 4 games (2 from p.k)

so i hope this works for you, obviously your team will have to provide the support he needs to get the ball to him.

Edit: well these settings did work for Eto'o as well, messi was at the olympics & i played eto'o on the right wing, he scored a brace & i wont he game 6-0.

this could be down to the overall quality of the barca squad, who knows...

my ronaldo is playing very good hes played 12 scored 6, but i want him to play like 'real life' as fabio says. In real life ronaldo is startin to drift into the middle, and attacks through the centre more often. How do u get him to do that on fm 09, it was easy on fm 08 because of the diagonal arrows. But how do u get wide players to drift inside (not cut inside) on fm 09 as the diagonal arrows are gone.

ive always done best with CRON when playing him in a 4-3-3, except him right underneath Rooney and Tevez in the middle of the pitch. (might be better described as a 4-3-1-2 with CRON as the 1)

haven't used them in 09, but my guess is to play Berbs up top and have CRON underneath him with maximum creativity, free role and an aggressive mentality.

there could be ways to maximize his output on the wings but ive always done better with him playing advanced in the center. you want him touching the ball almost every possession.

my ronaldo is playing very good hes played 12 scored 6, but i want him to play like 'real life' as fabio says. In real life ronaldo is startin to drift into the middle, and attacks through the centre more often. How do u get him to do that on fm 09, it was easy on fm 08 because of the diagonal arrows. But how do u get wide players to drift inside (not cut inside) on fm 09 as the diagonal arrows are gone.

Try to place him in the center , as left AMC or right AMC, and give him freerole. He will then deside when to play near the sideline and when to focus more central on the field.

Tell him to flounce about like the ponce he is, dive a lot, score only against weaker teams, then bugger off to Real Madrid asap.

Hmm.

Chelsea in the Champions League final springs to mind.

No way am I a Utd fan, and I hate the diving, but mate - respect where it is due - he is one the best, if not the best player in the world.

Hmm.

Chelsea in the Champions League final springs to mind.

No way am I a Utd fan, and I hate the diving, but mate - respect where it is due - he is one the best, if not the best player in the world.

As he play atm... he is not the best in world right now.

I can list several other offensive midfielder/wingers in Serie A who plays just as good or even better right now :)

Beautiful reply Celtic1967 - I have set Ronny up with about 75% creative freedom, running a lot with ball and passing short, crossing from byline and long shots about 75% enabled - won a couple of MVPs with this

This. I want to know how to do it if possible :)

I finally got Ronny scoring like in real life :D (in almost every game he scores a brace :D )

mentality mx. hig

creativity 80%

forward runs mixed(the key is for him not to have an arrow up!)so forward runs shold be mixed

run with ball-often

long shots-often

through balls-mixed

crossing-mixed

cross form-mixed

free role :thup:

he is not a corner taker so he goes forward in the opposition area and score a lot of headers

but, a had to adjust team instructions towards Ron.

Archived