I Absolutely LOVE The Game!

Mr.G

I guess you don't like anything in life then, seeing as nothing is perfect

How unfortunate

That's not true, I love Mona Lisa, I love the Turkish March, etc.

That's not unfortunate imo, as I'm not easily satisfied and want better if possible if not I'll accept that version as perfect. For example Mona lisa is not the prettiest woman but it's still perfect. Altough it's true I am unhappy with at least something everyday; I'm not complaining about my life because I'm living to try to turn them into things I'm happy with without doing the opposite for someone.. My avarege happiness is much higher than an average citizen.

The wait was worth it. Agree?

Yep, totally agree! A few issues getting it to install, but nothing that a little patience didn't solve. The 3d match engine is excellent, the game speed, whilst not lightning, is still perfectly acceptable. The press conferences are a nice touch, although we'll see if that changes after the novelty wears off.

All in all, they have taken all the great things from previous versions, added a superb 3d match engine (at long last!) and tweaked a few other areas . I also like being asked if you want 1st team players including in the reserve squad without constantly having to check the reserve fixture list!

Top marks guys!

Right, time to grab another beer then back to it! Can't be wasting too much time posting, management is a serious business you know!!!

I'm really happy to hear that. I myself have been pleasantly surprised by the way the game moves on my fairly average laptop. As someone who's new to working for SI, but has bought the product since 1993, I think this is the best game on release day that's ever been put out. Admittedly it does need the patch, but it's worth the download.

I have to agree. The demo left me feeling a bit "meh", and I was going nuts waiting for five hours to authenticate the game. Now I'm playing it though.... sheer genius. The 3d view - which I was a bit sniffy about - gives you so much more ability to interpret the effects of your tactics. The engine is brilliant, the new bits and pieces all add to the immersion, and I love the decimal match ratings. It's the most immediate "yay" reaction I've had to a game in this series since way back when with CM00-01. Given I'll be playing this for months, I've already forgotten about the initial installation problems. If anyone who made this fantastic game turns up in my local I'll gladly shout you a pint or three. :)

The wait was worth it. Agree?
I don't agree, after 9 hours of waiting, the excitement and anticipation i had all day was sucked out of me

Give it a couple of days. You'll have forgotten about the install issues and have the added bonus of being left with the best ever game of its genre!

I hope some positive feedback on the game itself manages to survive on this board over the next day or so, amongst all the OTT sillyness being posted. This game really is an instant classic.

I'm struggling to get a game going meself. Was on a night shift last night and been desperately trying to get interested in it whilst going back and forth to town on a bus to get me MOT. Tiredness eventually kicked in but spent the last couple of hours getting a feel of it, but it hasn't settled with me just yet. Gonna get a marathon going monday so we shall see.

I hope some positive feedback on the game itself manages to survive on this board over the next day or so, amongst all the OTT sillyness being posted. This game really is an instant classic.

Not sure it really matters. Let people have a rant if that's what they want to do. The game is excellent and once people get over the disappointment and infuriation a few minor launch day niggles, people will start to focus on the game and i have no doubt it will win people over.

I don't know what SI have done with the patch but its made the game SUPERB! The game itself seems so much involving and with the 3D that makes it even more real. Love it!

The 3D is far superior to the demo...and 10 times smoother. I am only playing my second match after hours of frustration and then dicking around on this forum. :o

Has it been worth all the hassle...maybe, maybe not. But the finished product (now that it is working properly) is a fantastic game, so much more immersive than the demo.:thup:

Archived