Game Speed Issues - not good!

Don't really understand all the problems with STEAM etc... it worked for me instantly.

Anyway, been playing the game since 1 and it's fantastic. However I will be returning it tomorrow, why?

It takes 4 mins to save/load savegames.

It takes 30-45 seconds to make a substitution in game.

After a match it takes 2-3 minutes to finish the game.

I am running English Leagues (conf north/south up) only on Large DB

I have been playing since 1 and have played 11 league games. I don't use 3D (hell I don't even use 2D) - and on FM08 I could get through maybe 3 times what I have got through today on the same laptop. I also used to play with about 20 leagues running.

I have turned sounds off, I have turned images off, I have closed all applications that my laptop had been running before. I am running a 2gig processor and a gig of DDR2 RAM

The game is simply too slow... it becomes unenjoyable despite the fact that when I'm actually able to interact with it, it's fantastic.

Well it ran the last game fine, barely any loading times at all, ever ... and yes I am running Vista

And it's not like it ran it fine a year ago... it ran it fine yesterday for god's sake... so it's not that my laptop has deteriorated.

This laptop was bought new a year ago so shouldn't be out of date.

Is it going to get to the stage where SI may as well only release a game as an add-on to a new PC as that is what the user will need?

No issues on my computer.

Takes about two seconds to load a saved game, and about thirty seconds to make a new game.

Big improvement from last years one.

How weird that it can differ that much user to user.

It can't be my laptops fault... as it ran FM08 a dream

How weird that it can differ that much user to user.

It can't be my laptops fault... as it ran FM08 a dream

I'm using a Quad Core processor (Q6600). With Windows XP 64bit, couldn't install it at first (On XP 64bit). But then i ran it as administrator. And it worked.

20 mins? Ouch.

Im doing about thirty leagues and Large database. Took about thirty seconds for Large database (4 leagues), and 30 leagues took about one minute.

I think defragmenting your harddrive may help.

I am running 19 playable leagues on large database with a 3 years old computer (Core2Dual 3.0 GHZ and 2 GB RAM) and I am having no problems with the speed of the game, in fact I feel the processing speed is faster than fm08. But that's on condition that I have defragmented my harddrive before playing.

Im running full leagues from 5 countries and running perfectly fine for me. Loading games takes no more than 20 seconds. My computer is 3 1/2 years old .. 2.2ghz Athlon with an ATI Radeon x200 graphics card which was the one originaly installed. All I have added is 2 gig of ram (making a total of 2.5gb) It is strange that some people are having problems but it is NOT only people at NASA that can play

I think defragmenting your harddrive may help.

I am running 19 playable leagues on large database with a 3 years old computer (Core2Dual 3.0 GHZ and 2 GB RAM) and I am having no problems with the speed of the game, in fact I feel the processing speed is faster than fm08. But that's on condition that I have defragmented my harddrive before playing.

My laptop automatically defrags once a week... the last one was yesterday!

Your RAM is probably the problem, particularly since you're running Vista and using a large db (my 09 large db game is currently taking up about 600MB of RAM - for reference I loaded a large 08 game and it was using 290MB), so your system's probably having to access the page file to often for good performance. That said personally I wouldn't even try running Vista with 1 gig let alone FM as well...

I think I have fixed the speed problem... moved the game to my other hard drive (dual HD laptop) which is fairly empty and it's going loads quicker.

Obviously the hard drive is more important than I thought.

It's almost always faster to have your OS running on one hard drive and your applications installed on the other, and since FM seems to be very database intensive, hard drive access speeds and fragmentation probably make a big difference.

P.S: 1 gig RAM is not enough to run vista optimally, i run a quad core q6600 vista 32 bit and my RAM usage averages 0.9-1.5 gigs idle (w antivirus in the back ground), at least 2 gigs of RAM for vista, its a major resource hog

Archived