Worst FMH Yet!!!

I've been playing matches today in order to double check this scoring issue, and I know Marc has as well. We've not been experiencing the same issues. For example, playing as Middlesbrough I won my first league match 3-1, playing a simple 4-4-2 formation.

All I can suggest for now is that everyone gives the game some more time to settle into it.

ok think i have got it

A custom tactic that has been saved to Memory Stick can be imported directly into another FMH2008 game.

Highlight any formation in the formations list (Tactics->Formations) and press "Import", which is assigned to the [square] action button.

Then simply choose an available tactic to load from the file select display.

Loading a tactic will not replace one already in the game (regardless of which formation you have highlighted when you select to import), but you can only have a maximum of 10 custom formations loaded into the game at once.

There is a "Remove" action assigned to [circle] to delete the selected tactic from the current game and make space for importing others or making new ones. The Remove action only removes tactics from the current game, it doesn't delete them from Memory Stick. So if you save tactics to Memory Stick before removing them, they can be imported back in future.

oh right im with you

INSTALL:

Now you have extracted the zip file. Place the folder into the SAVEDATA

folder which you can find in the PSP folder.

e.g.

ROOT > PSP > SAVEDATA > ULES00934FMHPCT00

IT MUST BE IN THE FORMAT ABOVE.

The root is top level of the memory stick where your PSP folder is located.

Do NOT place the folder in the MP_ROOT folder.

He means from the PC to PSP, basically insert the psp usb thingymajig or memory stick into your PC. Download the tactic and then in the PSP folder, go to COMMON, then create a folder inside that called FMH2009, then put the tactic in there. Hopefully should work, though I've never downloaded tactics before.

The formation is 3-5-2

Emphasis - Normal

Passing - Short

Tackling - Normal

Pressing - Yes

Offside trap - No

Counter Attack - No

Men Behind the Ball - No

I also don't play with a playmaker.

Player instructions

Passing - All set to team

Tackling all set to team except 3 centre midfielders who are set to HARD.

Pressing all set to yes except the back 3 defenders and the goalkeeper.

Pass to - Everyone set to R/L/C

Set pieces - haven't changed

Free role - Both wide player (ML and MR) set to yes and everyone else No.

Forward runs all no except wide men and the middle man of the 3 central midfielders and one of the strikers

Run with ball - All no except wide men, middle of the 3 central midfielders and one of the strikers

Hold up ball - All set to NO

Long Shots - All set to No except all 3 central midfielders and the striker who is set to run with ball.

Through Balls - All set to NO

Cross Ball - All set to NO

If people remember, we were complaining last year that there were too many goals being scored. You'd win a division by not only scoring the most goals but also conceding the most. I for one wouldn't mind a few 1-0 wins.

• SI Staff

On the 'goal' front - seeing as a few people have indicated they weren't seeing many as Glenn mentioned I've just loaded up and played a few matches as a random team (Bristol Rovers).

They're a reasonable side but not exactly world class so I went for a physical approach - 4132, attacking, hard tackling, short passing, pressing on.

First match 2-0 (win), second match 3-0 (win), third match 1-3 (loss), fourth match 2-2, fifth match 3-2 (win).

Now obviously that style won't work for every team - but imho it does show that there are goals to be scored ;)

• SI Staff
I've been playing matches today in order to double check this scoring issue, and I know Marc has as well. We've not been experiencing the same issues. For example, playing as Middlesbrough I won my first league match 3-1, playing a simple 4-4-2 formation.

All I can suggest for now is that everyone gives the game some more time to settle into it.

One thing I'd like to ask people who have had problems scoring is have you signed lots of players? - if so then it might be that they're still settling into the side and haven't 'gelled' as a team yet ....

The difference in goal-scoring can be dramatic if the players are all new to a club ... sometimes a team can 'gel' straight away but normally if there are new faces it can take a little while for things to come together.

PS - If anyone who's having problems scoring wants to post their team and signings I'm happy to try and help work out a reasonable formation for them which might help their quest for glory.

This has happened to me on every new version of fmh, you naturally pick it up and think you will just do exactly what you done on the last version and the tactics never work quite so well and always need a bit tweaked, my advice would be to play an easy league like scotland or holland first with a good team to get used to everything thats new and no matter what you do you should still win with Celtic or PSV for example.

Archived