Promotion Race Hots up

Well what can i say, im enjoying one of the most heart racing promotion battles i have ever experianced on Fm.

Im leeds in League 1, second season and currently sitting top (even with a recent bad run of results).

I am being very closely followed by 5 other teams with only 10 games to go, the difference between first and 6th spot is 2 points. ( the 5 teams are Swindon, Doncaster, Burnley, Hull and carlise in that order)

This got me wondering whether anybody else has ever been engrossed in usch a massive promotion battle, or Premiership league title

Chers Sweeney-G

Well what can i say, im enjoying one of the most heart racing promotion battles i have ever experianced on Fm.

Im leeds in League 1, second season and currently sitting top (even with a recent bad run of results).

I am being very closely followed by 5 other teams with only 10 games to go, the difference between first and 6th spot is 2 points. ( the 5 teams are Swindon, Doncaster, Burnley, Hull and carlise in that order)

This got me wondering whether anybody else has ever been engrossed in usch a massive promotion battle, or Premiership league title

Chers Sweeney-G

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by al23:

look for free transfers if you find anything good to help you for the final sprint </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is somtehing i normally do, just found a pritti good antoine sibierski, mite sign him for rest of season n try him as super sub

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by al23:

does he have some preferred moves? in my game he already retired. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ye his preffered moves are: Moves into Channels, Shoots from distance, Places shots, Likes to try and beat offside trap and tries first time shots.

WHat season you in mate?

Well what a team performance, i was 2-0 down to swindon at half time, yes you guessed it ROY MAKAAY comes on, unofrtunatly he doesnt get on the score sheet but gets an overall rating of 8, which i think is amazing considering he is severely lacking in match fitness

Final result swindown town 2-4 Leeds

6 games left, i am in second, 3 points behind Doncaster who have a better goal difference by 5, the rest of teams have whittled away and there are only me doncatser hull and burnley still in the chase for first place

I had a good surprise signing a 35 years old striker, Alexandre Rey (I play with Servette FC) of course not as good as Makaay, but he did very well for me for 2 seasons, finishing second striker in the team, at the beginning of his third season he scored 6 in 7 games and got a nine month injury at the end of the 7th game, a few weeks later he announced his retirement at the end of the season. But he was a great asset for the 2 seasons he played for me, and scored about 50 goals in 70 games.

just won ma next game 1-0, makaay coming off the bench in the 70th minute, however he made a howler from a one on one situation and didnt look 2 convincing, still hes trying to find form and im looking forward to him bagging his 1st goal, and on your point i remember signing alexander rey a few fms back, he did well for me and hes always one of them who sticks in my mind lol

To conclude i finished second, 2 points behind doncaster and ROY MAKAAY didnt turn out to be the wonder signing afterall, my ass man told me hes on the decline and so im just using him as a tutor, he scored no goals in no 6 sub appearances ahhh well

Whats your team look like?

I took over leeds. In the first season I has a awfull start but got confidence up and went on a run that was amazing, we were unbeatable. Only missed out on playoff on gal diff.

Second season managed to get automatically promoted(mainly cos of my opponents bottling it).

My first season in champ i struggled but my aim t o stay up meant i had this season with no pressure on me and could use it as a season long trail. Did what you did and got a couple of old heads in to steady the team and slowly built the team up during the season.

The second season I went above the expectations took the money and speant it on a quality backbone(centre half. Def Mid. and goalscorer) they dragged me to an unexpected promotion came downto the wire but i was lucky especially with how the fixtures panned out. All my rivals had to play each other and took points away from each other.

My first season on the prem and I intended just to make sure that if i went down i would have the strongest squad in the champioship and i could just bully my way up. I managed to keep in touch till january were i went for broke and bought another striker for 10 mill (my entire budet. His goals were keeping me up until disater srruk and BOTH my strikers got injuries.

It was back to trying to nick a point here and ther for the rest of the season,

I've had 5 situations like these

2 were relegation battles,3 were title battles

In the first relegation battle,i was colchester,last day 18th with watford and fulham above me(in the pl).I was 1 point below waftord and 2 by fulham.Won my match,fulham lost theirs,and watford drew.Got safe that time roumd

2nd relegation battle,i was norwich,sheffield utd. were above me,and burnley below me,all on level points.Burnley won theirs,I drew and Sheffield Utd. lost

In the 1st title battle it was between 3 teams,West ham(me),blackburn and Portsmouth.Portsmouth were second,i was 3rd.My match was against Blackburn and I was only 2 points behind them,and 1 behind Portsmouth.I won,but even Portsmouth won,would have been the 1st ever hammers top flight title.

2nd title battle,Between me Man Utd. and Blackburn.All on level points.I had a match with QPR(19th).Easily won,4-0,had the better GD and won the title for the 3rd time.

3rd wasnt that good.Blackburn and the Hammers only,Blackburn had 1 point more than me.Last day i was winning until the 91st minute,and Blackburn were drawing.And then Harry Van Barneveld(regen)scored and levelled,and i lost the premiership.

I took Leeds to the Championship League at end of season 2, finished 6th in said league and won the playoff. In the Premeireship I was give 35 million dollars to buy my way to a Euro Cup qualifying finish. By 2013 I was offered the Arsenal job outright, without applying, when Arsene retired. I am now in second, beating everyone except Leeds - I even lost the semifinal Cup home and away to my former Leeds - playing the same lineup I left in August. I can't even take any of my "ambitious" Leeds players over to Arsenal since Eduardo and Hieb and Toure and co. are all "determined", however, with 106 mil to spend I will evenaully crush Leeds, even as they sing my name from the stands at Elland. Now if only Man United would come calling........

The closest thing for me was when I was managing Man City. I made a last dash for the title, sat 4th just 2 points off the top with 4 games to go. Liverpool, Man Utd and West ham were above me. I won three out of three and was level on points for the last game. I lost 3-0 away to Millwall icon_mad.gif Liverpool managed a draw and won the title. I was so mad.

Archived