Is the game worth buying?

Is the game worth buying?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Is the game worth buying?

• No don't waste your money spend it on a blow up dart board.
    • Yes buy the game. The game is great.

I am thinking of buying the game but the mass of threads on

The game not working

Trouble installing

Steam not working

Activation code not working

Game freezing

Not being again to start, load,

People reinstalling

Patch doesn't solve bugs

Problems with this, problems with that etc etc etc

Has made me glad I didn't go out to buy it and waited for people's views. Reading threads I don't understand why so many people have trouble activating codes. Or why it restarts, feezes etc? I thought or this was suppose to fixed?

Dare I ask is there a going to be another patch to fix the issues experienced by other users?

The reviews here are terrible.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/review/product/B001FA0DLK/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt/276-8712315-3480129?_encoding=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

I think its getting better installing it but Steam I hate as it puts unneccassary software on your PC and I've now installed it via the other method and can't download the new patch as all the downloads they have given aren't compatible with Vista 64 as they aren't digitally signed.

Bottom line a complete **** up!

Here's how things went for me...

- Steam was opened, i clicked on the FM 09 link. I then clicked the purchase button and entered my payment details.

- The game was purchased.

- I then installed the game which took about 20 minutes.

- It gave me the activation key but it seemingly did it for me.

- I launched the game and am currently managing St.Albans City with a couple of weeks to go until the season starts.

It's a very good game, get it.

Here's how things went for me...

- Steam was opened, i clicked on the FM 09 link. I then clicked the purchase button and entered my payment details.

- The game was purchased.

- I then installed the game which took about 20 minutes.

- It gave me the activation key but it seemingly did it for me.

- I launched the game and am currently managing St.Albans City with a couple of weeks to go until the season starts.

It's a very good game, get it.

This is the exact same for me, except not managing St Albans. I paid / downloaded / installed in the early hours of this morning and its worked perfectly and I am very pleased with the game and features. Then again I didn't really have a problem with the demo. All this despite my computer being 3 1/2 years old. Maybe I am just lucky but I would say to everybody questioning whether to buy the game... Do It ... it is very much worth it. :thup:

Been playing on and off since 9pm thursday and havn't had any problems. I avoided steam and chose to activate using uniloc over the net. No probs with code only took 10 mins to install/activate. best game in the series for me.

I think its brilliant. I dont know exactly whats going on with the activation side of things. I had a few problems, but eventually got it to work about 8pm. From what I understand - the problems are due to overload, as so many people are activating at the same time (I may be wrong - please dont flame me!). Now release day has gone (although the weekend may be busy), the issue may have gone away. Who knows?!

Archived