The worst release day of all time

I just have to say this has got to go down as the worst release of any game ever made!!

In all my years playin games(only 15)that I have seen or heard such ******** in all my life.

Buyin a game and you cant even play it even though you have the correct requirements,what a bunch of useless amateurs.

This better be the best FM yet when I do or if I do get it working or Im never buyin a FM game again!!!

I just have to say this has got to go down as the worst release of any game ever made!!

In all my years playin games(only 15)that I have seen or heard such ******** in all my life.

Buyin a game and you cant even play it even though you have the correct requirements,what a bunch of useless amateurs.

This better be the best FM yet when I do or if I do get it working or Im never buyin a FM game again!!!

1, It is the best FM ever and

2, Dont you think you thread title is a little over dramatic!

First of all it would want to be the best one made yet and second of all no,they could of delayed the game a week to sort out problems and come on can u think of any game u bought and couldn play it even though you had the correct requirements!!!its the truth

Its not even close to the worst release day ever . E-rage is funny though

MOAR MOAR

are u having a larf,this is up there among the worst ever,definately would be my number 1 worst release

I do agree with people saying it is out with SI's hands, But....

It was there stupid decision too put this in, just so they could get themselves some more money, if they haven't got enough allready!

That's called BUSINESS btw... (and having met a bunch of the SI guys, I do love the fact that people seem to have this image of them all driving round in Bentleys and Ferraris :D )

and for the record, there's a decent chance it WASN'T SI's decision.

A highly frustrating day that has really spoilt what shoud have been a really exciting day. I can forgive SI releasing a buggy product, I know they'll fix it, but I can't forgive them putting in place security measures and then failing to ensure they had the resources in place to ensure those measures worked properly and allowed people who had legitimately bought the game to play it. That's really, really poor.

In all my years playin games(only 15)

I guessed you were only a child. Post back when your a bit more mature and have gone through puberty! :rolleyes:

People need to calm down and post in a mature and sensible manner. Sure there are problems with the authentication and reading the code off the back of the manual but a work around\solution has been posted at

http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/ for this so try it and if it doesnt work complain then but do it sensibly. You people are lucky because you've at least got the game whereas I'm still waiting for mine to arrive form play.com but I'm not screaming abuse at everyone in sight.

I have not got my copy from play.com either. Nor have my mates. In a way im quite happy about it. Reading all the threads on here allday that is. Took the day off work to play tho. Hopefully the problems will all be sorted by monday, so i can really get stuck in to it. It better be worth the wait.

I've had a lovely day.

Got up. Walked to the shops. Had a coffee and bought FM.

Came home, installed, authenticated and ran game to make sure it worked.

Went down pub and had dinner.

Came home and have been happily playing since.

Worst release day of all time?

Not on your nelly fella.

That's called BUSINESS btw... (and having met a bunch of the SI guys, I do love the fact that people seem to have this image of them all driving round in Bentleys and Ferraris :D )

and for the record, there's a decent chance it WASN'T SI's decision.

Business?? Do you know anything about business?

I am a fan who has bought every FM release (living in Australia, it is even more expensive for us) and now I am contemplating not bothering for next time AND I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE.

A good business plan would be to test the system out properly. Judging by the fact that they didn't even work out the O--->0 or the 1--->I think, how much must they have tested the rest of the stuff?

pfft @ That's called BUSINESS btw... you make me laugh.

I guessed you were only a child. Post back when your a bit more mature and have gone through puberty! :rolleyes:

People need to calm down and post in a mature and sensible manner. Sure there are problems with the authentication and reading the code off the back of the manual but a work around\solution has been posted at

http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/ for this so try it and if it doesnt work complain then but do it sensibly. You people are lucky because you've at least got the game whereas I'm still waiting for mine to arrive form play.com but I'm not screaming abuse at everyone in sight.

Im 20,what did u do shoot out of your mothers fanny and start playin games,shut up then

i tried that,i tried everything i read on these forums so yes Il continue complaining until it works

It's not the worst release day of all time, there's been worse game releases in the past few years alone.. occassions where serial keys weren't included in the boxes, also occassions where the servers got hammered and nobody could use the game at all. We're quite lucky. ;)

[

I've had a lovely day.

Got up. Walked to the shops. Had a coffee and bought FM.

Came home, installed, authenticated and ran game to make sure it worked.

Went down pub and had dinner.

Came home and have been happily playing since.

Worst release day of all time?

Not on your nelly fella.

For the minority it isnt the worst,read that MINORITY thats why its the worst,its like releasing a game and only having minumum copies of it....

Business?? Do you know anything about business?

I am a fan who has bought every FM release (living in Australia, it is even more expensive for us) and now I am contemplating not bothering for next time AND I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE.

A good business plan would be to test the system out properly. Judging by the fact that they didn't even work out the O--->0 or the 1--->I think, how much must they have tested the rest of the stuff?

pfft @ That's called BUSINESS btw... you make me laugh.

well since I clearly highlighted the part about "making more money" that someone else had written, yes that IS business...

Obviously the release hasn't gone as planned, and SI have said as much. The majority of the things that have gone wrong aren't in their hands, and those people who ARE responsible have been working to get things going again.

And if you're going to cut your nose off to spite your face (not buying future versions because you've had to wait a day or two - out of a whole YEAR of the life cycle of the game - to play it, then that's your problem :thup:

[

For the minority it isnt the worst,read that MINORITY thats why its the worst,its like releasing a game and only having minumum copies of it....

You're wrong I'm afraid. It's the MINORITY that are having trouble and posting all over these threads.

The MAJORITY are happily playing the game and not bothering to post to the affirmitive.

[

How do you know its the minority? Only people who are having problems will post saying they have problems, the average joe whos just gone home installed and everythings worked fine is playing it rather than whining like a baby on this forum

Im 20,what did u do shoot out of your mothers fanny and start playin games,shut up then

I love this time of year. The grown up comments on this forum are always enjoyable to read. In answer to your question I've been playing games and using computers before you were even born.

• SI Staff

In total, it wasn't the minority who were playing - it was the majority.

For some time this afternoon and early evening, the majority were having problems.

I'll be doing a post at some point over the weekend (once everyone is up and running and able to play the game) to go into detail on what has happened in the last 24 hours so that everyone understands what happened - as much as I wish I could, I can't change what happened this afternoon and evening, but we think the problems are all sorted out now.

If people are still having trouble authenticating, please post in this thread - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?p=2033322#post2033322

How do you know its the minority? Only people who are having problems will post saying they have problems, the average joe whos just gone home installed and everythings worked fine is playing it rather than whining like a baby on this forum

I read it somewhere on these forums Il have to find it again and it was one of those official members who wrote it too I think,someone correct me if Im wrong please...but anyways its still my worst experience of a release day..

I love this time of year. The grown up comments on this forum are always enjoyable to read. In answer to your question I've been playing games and using computers before you were even born.

here send on your address and il send u a shiny medal,I couldnt give a crap how long your playin games,it dont change my opinion of how bad this release day was and will always be remembered as a huge ****-up forever

Eigther grow up

OR

make your own sodding game like all the other moaners should and release it to 10000000 fans and get every single little one of them to agree its the best game ever, it aint going to happen, this forum is filled with moaners and crap, it aint SI's fault if your computers bull****. SI have worked there pants off to make this game, make a 3d engine, take the game forward and there so many people disrespecting them. Yes it looks like everyone dont like it, that because the people that can are playing it and not creating a thread every 2 seconds thats exactly the same as the last thread that has been started! Do you think the 2d engine was perfect when it was 1st released onto its 1st game? no, it has to be developed and improved. Yes ill agree its not perfect yet, but obviously ina year or 2 time they will have made it as perfect as we consider the 2d one to have been.

it shames me that its your generation that will one day run this country

look man I aint no polotician or anything so dont worry I aint goin to be runnin any country in my life,I can barely look after myself so relax there Im just a ****ed off customer

Eigther grow up

OR

make your own sodding game like all the other moaners should and release it to 10000000 fans and get every single little one of them to agree its the best game ever, it aint going to happen, this forum is filled with moaners and crap, it aint SI's fault if your computers bull****. SI have worked there pants off to make this game, make a 3d engine, take the game forward and there so many people disrespecting them. Yes it looks like everyone dont like it, that because the people that can are playing it and not creating a thread every 2 seconds thats exactly the same as the last thread that has been started! Do you think the 2d engine was perfect when it was 1st released onto its 1st game? no, it has to be developed and improved. Yes ill agree its not perfect yet, but obviously ina year or 2 time they will have made it as perfect as we consider the 2d one to have been.

Well Im a customer who purchased a product that is supposed to work but in my case it didnt so I have a right to complain and maybe when my product does work I will praise(hopefully)

I cant make a game I dont know how???sort a dumb answer u gave aint it

Yes they worked their socks off for a game some people cant play and I know no game is perfect just like nothing in this world is perfect,I jus wanna play a game I bought.

lol "Worst launch ever"? Is this your first game launch ever? This launch isn't even near the top of the list of "Worst game launches" :p

Most of the complaining here even started on Nov. 13th The game shouldn't even be out until the Nov. 14th. :)

Then it turned into a "Other people can play and I can't!! Unfair!!" moaning party instead. So because some people break the rules by downloading the game, selling the game too early etc. we should all be playing before launch? With that kind of logic, you can excuse any kind of behavior. lol We should all be driving too fast on the streets! After all, some people are. :p

Archived