• SI Staff

On the 'goal' front - seeing as a few people have indicated they weren't seeing many I've just loaded up and played a few matches as a random team (Bristol Rovers).

They're a reasonable side but not exactly world class so I went for a physical approach - 4132, attacking, hard tackling, short passing, pressing on.

First match 2-0 (win), second match 3-0 (win), third match 1-3 (loss), fourth match 2-2, fifth match 3-2 (win).

Now obviously that style won't work for every team - but imho it does show that there are goals to be scored ;)

My scorlines have picked up over the season.

I'm at the end of my first season and it did get better, results wise.

I'm still not scoring anywhere near the amount i would in 08 with a team like Arsenal, but it has got better.

Then again, i'm not conceding nearly as many either.

I've had 2-0, 3-0, 5-0,3-1,4-1,3-2. Also quite a few 1-0's though.

But still, the results are in there!

I have seen a few glitches on the 2d pitch like the goalie just standing there and defenders miles away and not doing anything while Micah Richard crosses it 5 yards from the right flank to Jo who is at the edge of the box on the right hand side who then bullets a header into the far corner while David James stands there and there are no defenders about, surely offside :confused:

Well so far i've played 7 games and conceeded 1 goal, scoring 20.

The 2d is a little "rough", but am delighted so far. The only thing thats annoying me is the Leeds United kit issue (see my thread)

Results

Bolton (a) Friendly 1-1

West Brom (h) Friendly 2-0

Chester (h) Friendly 3-0

Carlisle (h) League One 2-0

Chester (a) League One 6-0

Oldham (a) League One 4-0

Leicester (a) League One 2-0

Archived