Game installs and then disappears :/

MMT

Hope there is someone online who can help.

I have had a quick look around for an answer but cant see it, apologies if i missed it.

Basically i tried earlier to install with steam but gave up and tried the other way. I managed to get the game installed and activated and then the game autostarted. I had a look through some squads and did a press conference then exited the game to use the data editor to bump some Forest youngsters stats :D

Then i found out that the game is nowhere on my pc.

I use Vista and when i click search and type football manager in it brings up a folder with 5 folders in it, all of which are empty. There is no data editor or any way to get back into the game.

Im puzzled mainly cos it let me play to begin with but once i exited it disappeared from my PC.

Not overly impressed so far. Might just send it back and buy it at xmas like i normally do, all the bugs are done by then lol.

Im hovering around this forum for a little while hoping for an answer to why it has disappeared and when i try reinstalling, it reinstalls before saying i had problems during installing and to see a (non-existent) installation log!

Glad you got it sorted.

You can also create a desktop shortcut by going to c:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009

Once in there, right click on the icon called fm.exe and choose create shortcut. You can then move that to your desktop/quick launch to make it a bit easier later on.

Neji could you help me please , right iv already installed it and played it for a while , i then quit and downloaded the patch and now i cant load up the game , im not using STEAM and whenever i double click on the FM09 icon thing it takes me to my documents , HELP PLEASE

Glad you got it sorted.

You can also create a desktop shortcut by going to c:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009

Once in there, right click on the icon called fm.exe and choose create shortcut. You can then move that to your desktop/quick launch to make it a bit easier later on.

In my FM09 folder in the Program files I have a dll file, a text file and a folder called Uninstall_Football Manager. What is going on? I bought the game today and installed via steam. All I want is the DB Editor and a nice shortcut. What is going on?

Neji could you help me please , right iv already installed it and played it for a while , i then quit and downloaded the patch and now i cant load up the game , im not using STEAM and whenever i double click on the FM09 icon thing it takes me to my documents , HELP PLEASE

I'm not sure. Are you clicking the shortcut or the actual exe file? If you're using the shortcut try going to your FM09 installation folder and double clicking 'fm.exe' instead.

In my FM09 folder in the Program files I have a dll file, a text file and a folder called Uninstall_Football Manager. What is going on? I bought the game today and installed via steam. All I want is the DB Editor and a nice shortcut. What is going on?

Sorry, didn't make it clear. If you installed by Steam, the game installs to a different directory. I'm not sure what that is off the top of my head though.

Archived