Amazon.co.uk 1 star ratings real bad :(

Ianburnip I take it is another moaner and waste to this Forum. Why can't you wait I mean how long were you going to play it today anyway 3 hours max if higher you're just a geek ok. Let them sorit it out they'll be fine and if you really don't like it go get a refund because moaning here isn't going to help as they are a lot more like you.

But, in fairness, I agree with a lot of points.

The security on the game is, frankly, insulting.

No it's not.

The fact that the authentication servers haven't been working is bad, of course, no one can argue that. But the security isn't insulting, far from it. I buy my copy of FM every year, and am more than happy for SI/Sega to try to stop thieves from getting the game for free.

Bucket-I agree fully as well they will all come rushing back won't they.

Stokes - I actually feel quite sorry for SI how is that going to attract anyone, any proper FM fan who posted a review there really dosen't want the game to grow, they really need to think on how long they've worked for FM09 and considering FM Live as well, need to show more respect.

I wouldn't call it insulting but I agree, it's not acceptable and some of you have every right to be annoyed. Some issues are our own doing - some are not!

OK Marc, I agree and retract my statement; I was merely echoing the point made by someone else.

I also commend you on your admission this is not acceptable, and trust that SI will find a viable solution.

There's no way you could have known the repercussions of these security measures and HAVE TO protect business.

I apologise.

Thank you,

Stephen.

Marc Duffy ca you explain how I ca download the patch without using Steam for Vista 64 bit as the download son your links are not digitally signed!

PW so many people here have abseloutely no patience, can't you all just wait to the end of week MAX and then it'll all be fine no no-one here has patience do they.

As far as i know when they ask me for my money to buy the game i cannot ask them to be patient, can i? Can i i say to them "i'll pay sometime next week?" No.

So why I have to patient with them?

(This was just to show your argument is flawed. In truth, I'm still deciding if i'll buy it or not)

(After reading Marc's post, i believe even SI agree with this in some degree.)

who takes amazon scores seriously anyway, im sure SI are more disappointed about this than anyone, fact is we get to play the game prob today or tomorrow at the latest, the PR disaster will take a lot longer to disappear, that and Fm is the new poster child for the anti DRM brigade.

I take them seriously when as a potential buyer i see 60 odd 1 star ratings and possibly 5 spread out among the other 4 stars.....

So this is where the ar*e licking fanboys hang out is it? Safety in numbers or what. I'm sure SI are grateful for your grovelling support on this day when any credibility they had has been totally eroded amongst many of it's previous loyal fanbase. SI now competes with EA for this years biggest games faux pas, and also for which one of them will win the award for 'Biggest contribution to illegal downloading 2008'.

So this is where the ar*e licking fanboys hang out is it? Safety in numbers or what. I'm sure SI are grateful for your grovelling support on this day when any credibility they had has been totally eroded amongst many of it's previous loyal fanbase. SI now competes with EA for this years biggest games faux pas, and also for which one of them will win the award for 'Biggest contribution to illegal downloading 2008'.

Ehm, try reading the forum rules firstly.

Secondly, there aren't many fanboys, even here :D

I wouldn't call it insulting but I agree, it's not acceptable and some of you have every right to be annoyed. Some issues are our own doing - some are not!

You guys are trying your best. There's a lot of spoilt brats on here throwing dummies out of prams because they can't play their precious game on time. Get a life dudes, I mean there's people dying in the world...

I'm sure in a few days everything will work fine, is it so bad you have to wait?

Chill

You guys are trying your best. There's a lot of spoilt brats on here throwing dummies out of prams because they can't play their precious game on time. Get a life dudes, I mean there's people dying in the world...

I'm sure in a few days everything will work fine, is it so bad you have to wait?

Chill

I appreciate what you're trying to say but..if that's the case, why not just release the game in a few days instead of today?

What's the point in releasing the game if a great number of people can't play it? None.

I appreciate what you're trying to say but..if that's the case, why not just release the game in a few days instead of today?

What's the point in releasing the game if a great number of people can't play it? None.

What's the point in whining about it?

I can play it. Have people updated their network card drivers and installed a windows update - worked for me.

I'm sure SI/Sega etc did not do this on purpose just to pee people off.

People are allowed to judge the game by whichever measurement they deem necessary. The rating will go back up once people start playing the actual game. Don't worry too much.

I would've given it a one star yesterday. Now I give it a four star (it still loses one star for making me fiddle around with all the rubbish yesterday).

Best FM ever.

I can play it. Have people updated their network card drivers and installed a windows update - worked for me.

Why are you trying to devalue someone else's opinion? They paid their hard earned money just like you and this is what a forum is for, to give your opinion.

If you wanna live in a land of fluffy white clouds and marshmallow beer coasters then don't come onto a forum... it's brutal mate.

What's the point in whining about the whining? ;)

If people can't play a game they paid for, I can understand them wanting to show their dissapointment and/or anger. Granted, some here have given their opinions better than others. And some are just clearly trolling around.

the game was a month later than usual anyway. they've tried something new and it hasn't worked yet.

tbh, i would have expected an earlier demo. but in the few weeks between demo and full release, they've been making an emergency patch. had the demo been out longer, other issues might have been dealt with early and, maybe, activation and incompatability issues might have been dealt with in time.

Why are you trying to devalue someone else's opinion? They paid their hard earned money just like you and this is what a forum is for, to give your opinion.

If you wanna live in a land of fluffy white clouds and marshmallow beer coasters then don't come onto a forum... it's brutal mate.

but there's countless threads already started. There's no need for anymore in my opinion.

Absolutely nothing to do with it, I assure you.

If you feel happy paying for something that you couldn't just play straight out of the box without having to faff around, fine, but just because others feel like they have a right to stand up for themselves doesn't give you the right to talk them down. Grow up, I suggest.

I'll tell you what is DEFINITELY your fault. How awesome this game is! I know it took a patch, but it's a while since I've found an FM so playable on release day. Very disappoined in the authentication shambles, but the game is just fantastic. Well done on that. :thup:

best believe i understand that you wanna protect your hard work.im not gonna bitch, but i hope for fm2010 there will be a diffrent protection (like you come to my house and activate it personally :D) cause that activation thing is kinda annoying :p.i knew this would happen , cause its the same with other games,like back in the day when half life 2 was the first game you had to activate via steam ( i believe it was the first one).whatever sorry for my bad aenglish im drunk ass hell.:D

Archived